Erujeje and Ayira

Tourist Visa For Nigeria

58 posts in this topic

I applaud you for standing your ground. Geesh I understand that many people are scammed by Nigerians and I pray for their hearts and get very angry with the scammers. But my God, not everyone who marries a Nigerian goes into their marriage blindly. I believe with every ounce of my strength if God is made the center of anyone's marriage and He has ordained it to be so it will be successful. I am glad the discouraging words did not discourage you. God bless you and your future with you husband. You go girl!

AMEN!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

No, it's not too quick. That very scenario has played out here many times. THIS poster seems the exception. I wish her luck.

There is a time to caution someone and then there is a time to answer the question asked. To be aware of when to point out something and when to remain neutral, is called tact. We do not have to be the self appointed siren to blast warnings 24/7 every time someone new steps into the forum for information and we disagree with the way someone chooses to live their adult live. Until such advice is asked for, it is simply overkill to judge someone's relationship a recipe for disaster based on one small post. Don't kill a fly with a grenade. Compulsion to control plans of other adults with unkind and force full judgments is uncalled for and an auto pilot power trip. Assumptions and advice are not the same thing.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There is a time to caution someone and then there is a time to answer the question asked. To be aware of when to point out something and when to remain neutral, is called tact. We do not have to be the self appointed siren to blast warnings 24/7 every time someone new steps into the forum for information and we disagree with the way someone chooses to live their adult live. Until such advice is asked for, it is simply overkill to judge someone's relationship a recipe for disaster based on one small post. Don't kill a fly with a grenade. Compulsion to control plans of other adults with unkind and force full judgments is uncalled for and an auto pilot power trip. Assumptions and advice are not the same thing.

Well said

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

lol.. go head sistah.. lol.. I ain't mad at you..Congratulations and I hope it all goes beautifully for you.. I myself sent both the letter of invite and the info on my housing. Just to be sure all 3 times (on my way back to Nigeria next week).. I had a horrible experience the first time I applied, the lost my visa had to drive down to DC to get it one day before my flight!! So better to be safe than sorry.

Peace,

Chi

Peace Sis,

I really hope they dont lose my visa when that time come.... :bonk:

I just have great respect and admiration for the OP.

She came back with a cool respons without getting her oars out of the water. This should be an inspiration to all.

I have learned in my life that you can't battle someone with a negative comment, just handle them with love..... :innocent:

Well said

Timeline

Thank you so much for saying that when they stated the comment "recipe for disaster" and "not making it past 3 years" I was like I thought we all were on the same journey trying to marry our Nigerian men and I thought this site was to support us Sistahs that are entering into the journey...Very well stated. :thumbs:

AMEN!

Amen....My thoughts with her negative words were Olorun mi (Oh my God)...what have I entered.... :P

Timeline

As Much as u expect good Guilds here

U have to know some will intentionally

want to misdirect u with their yeye comment.

Getting ur visa wont be a Problem.

An Iv,plan for wedding n ur husby P page should do.

Welcome to VJ.

Happy Married Life in advance

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Timeline

A big hug for this comment good.gif

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

Thank you so much for saying that when they stated the comment "recipe for disaster" and "not making it past 3 years" I was like I thought we all were on the same journey trying to marry our Nigerian men and I thought this site was to support us Sistahs that are entering into the journey...Very well stated. :thumbs:

Amen....My thoughts with her negative words were Olorun mi (Oh my God)...what have I entered.... :P

It's sad to say..but some people on here think that they are the only "Nigerian Queen"..that nobody else shud deserve to have a successful marriage with a Nigerian. Like..they are the only one entitled to go to Nigeria, marry a Nigerian, etc. It cracks me up. And those of you who know who you are that do this...then YES you are on blast front and center. It's a shame because comments like the ones you were given are the reason some of US are even afraid to ask questions yet this is what this site is supposed to be about. sheesh! On another note...when I went to Nigeria, I just filled out the visa app saying I'm going as a tourist and sent a print out of my hotel reservation. If you go the route of 'letter of invitation'..I think you're just making more work for yourself. Have a great trip and congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Edited by ibogal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:wow: Now go ahead you need to PREACH...well said.

I just have great respect and admiration for the OP.

She came back with a cool respons without getting her oars out of the water. This should be an inspiration to all.

That's right.......Amen

4sHsm4.png

Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; Hold fast; Hold out. Patience is Genius.

Timeline

:wow::ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Funny, prejudice folks in America say the same thing about Inter-racial marriages...won't last no time... and that doesn't make it anymore true than the statistics I see here. Where can I find these numbers?

Yes, there are scammers everywhere, not just in Nigeria. They are all over the United States. We call them SALES PEOPLE, Marketers, Doctors, Lawyers, Secretaries, Bookkeepers...laborers..etc. Oh, and then there are those that SCAM the government claiming to be disabled to get a check for themselves and their children, or lie about their income and bills so they can get foodstamps. But bay-be...come Saturday night you can see them out all over town scrubbing the ground, drunk as all get out or in the liquor store or discount cigarette shop buying up everything but "what their kids need with the money". PLEASE...I'm so tired of people and their many prejudices. No, I don't approve of scamming, but to classify only ONE group of people as scammers is far from the absolute truth!

People lie and scam each other everyday. We can only answer for our own souls, our own choices and our own lives. That's all any of us should worry about. And furthermore,if we can't encourage and show each other some love, maybe we just shouldn't respond at all.

WELCOME TO VJ! GOD BLESS YOUR JOURNEY, YOUR MARRIAGE, AND YOUR LIFE!

[/quote

That is right....you too need to PREACH....Amen

4sHsm4.png

Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; Hold fast; Hold out. Patience is Genius.

Timeline

It's sad to say..but some people on here think that they are the only "Nigerian Queen"..that nobody else shud deserve to have a successful marriage with a Nigerian. Like..they are the only one entitled to go to Nigeria, marry a Nigerian, etc. It cracks me up. And those of you who know who you are that do this...then YES you are on blast front and center. It's a shame because comments like the ones you were given are the reason some of US are even afraid to ask questions yet this is what this site is supposed to be about. sheesh! On another note...when I went to Nigeria, I just filled out the visa app saying I'm going as a tourist and sent a print out of my hotel reservation. If you go the route of 'letter of invitation'..I think you're just making more work for yourself. Have a great trip and congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Very true statement.......100% agree....Its crazy, I do so much reading on this site....and sometimes I have to just SMH....at some of the responses. One thing I know is everyone is NEW at one point in time and its not right for anyone to assume anything just because on the first post you are not displaying every single detail.

4sHsm4.png

Timeline

I am glad others opted to call this behavior out, because yesterday I was fuming over the comments made, but kept myself to myself. All I can say today is I got over it, but kudos to you all for stepping up! :)

TracyJo

I am glad others opted to call this behavior out, because yesterday I was fuming over the comments made, but kept myself to myself. All I can say today is I got over it, but kudos to you all for stepping up! :)

TracyJo...you just stay silly! We need to laugh and you're def the one we come too when we need uplifting or someone to just pull on those kick butt boots...to give us a hand! :rofl:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

TracyJo...you just stay silly! We need to laugh and you're def the one we come too when we need uplifting or someone to just pull on those kick butt boots...to give us a hand! :rofl:

I better than shut up cuz I am one of "those" misinformed met online, married on my first visit to my Nigerian King and oh yeah lets see I am by the way menopausal, pass child bearing years (I guess), clueless, and trolling the internet (or is that cougaring the internet) for young bucks to prey on.

Give me a flippin break..............Sorry had to vent. OP as I said befoe I love you. You go on with your bad self enjoy have fun and God bless you both.

Anyone else not feeling the love this OP is trying to convey.:P . We now return you to your VJ programing.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.