Erujeje and Ayira

Tourist Visa For Nigeria

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes, we have met he has family here in Texas that own an African market. I have known him over a year longer than most people who meet in a club and who decide to marry or sleep with them in one night. My father is Ghanaian, I am fluent in Yoruba and was raised as a traditional Afrcan. I can also speak Igbo and Hausa. My father moved us here to the US when I was a child, so my African roots are strongly bound.....The creator just created me a spouse who could better serve me as to what I am accustomed to...As far as the marriage rates and the statistics that were given American citizens marriages aren't that sucessful either...So in my opinion things happen for a reason, season or a lifetime...No one crosses your path by change and when something is ordained by faith you just know...also I work with my intuition and if something feels wrong I go with my gut...Be blessed and I thank you for your concerns....O dabo..... :whistle:

lol.. go head sistah.. lol.. I ain't mad at you..Congratulations and I hope it all goes beautifully for you.. I myself sent both the letter of invite and the info on my housing. Just to be sure all 3 times (on my way back to Nigeria next week).. I had a horrible experience the first time I applied, the lost my visa had to drive down to DC to get it one day before my flight!! So better to be safe than sorry.

Peace,

Chi

Filed: Timeline

Yes, we have met he has family here in Texas that own an African market. I have known him over a year longer than most people who meet in a club and who decide to marry or sleep with them in one night. My father is Ghanaian, I am fluent in Yoruba and was raised as a traditional Afrcan. I can also speak Igbo and Hausa. My father moved us here to the US when I was a child, so my African roots are strongly bound.....The creator just created me a spouse who could better serve me as to what I am accustomed to...As far as the marriage rates and the statistics that were given American citizens marriages aren't that sucessful either...So in my opinion things happen for a reason, season or a lifetime...No one crosses your path by change and when something is ordained by faith you just know...also I work with my intuition and if something feels wrong I go with my gut...Be blessed and I thank you for your concerns....O dabo..... :whistle:

Oku orire igbeyawo tonbo :thumbs:

I envy you in that you can speak Hausa, have a nice trip.

PS: You don't have to explain yourself to anyone here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Wishing you the best on your visa journey :)

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

It is best not to be so quick to judge without knowing all the facts and stick to the questions asked by the OP.

No, it's not too quick. That very scenario has played out here many times. THIS poster seems the exception. I wish her luck.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I sent an invitation letter because I had not heard back from the hotel fast enough, but either is acceptable. And Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and Welcome to VJ!! :thumbs:

It is best not to be so quick to judge without knowing all the facts and stick to the questions asked by the OP.

:thumbs:

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Erujeje and Ayira I Love you!! (L):dancing: Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. I know the family is all a buzz and excited. Yes either is okay invite or hotel reservations. I would suggest using the Visa portal on the Nigerian Embassy website. Its real izzy pizzy and it also seems the Atlanta Nigerian Embassy sends Visa back a heck of alot quicker than DC.

Much blessings and love on your journey. Guess you will be launching soon and climbimg aboard the Visa Journey boat soon also, God Bless you.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

love it! have a good time!

Congratulations. I was born and raised in Nigeria, and now an American citizen. Every situation is different. I will be the first to say that there are scammers in Nigeria. There are scammers everywhere as well. Nigeria is a beautiful country to visit .I am glad to hear that you are going to register your trip with the US State Department.

Have a great trip my African sister. Nigeria is a great country to visit.

You're welcome! :)

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

:wow::ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Funny, prejudice folks in America say the same thing about Inter-racial marriages...won't last no time... and that doesn't make it anymore true than the statistics I see here. Where can I find these numbers?

Yes, there are scammers everywhere, not just in Nigeria. They are all over the United States. We call them SALES PEOPLE, Marketers, Doctors, Lawyers, Secretaries, Bookkeepers...laborers..etc. Oh, and then there are those that SCAM the government claiming to be disabled to get a check for themselves and their children, or lie about their income and bills so they can get foodstamps. But bay-be...come Saturday night you can see them out all over town scrubbing the ground, drunk as all get out or in the liquor store or discount cigarette shop buying up everything but "what their kids need with the money". PLEASE...I'm so tired of people and their many prejudices. No, I don't approve of scamming, but to classify only ONE group of people as scammers is far from the absolute truth!

People lie and scam each other everyday. We can only answer for our own souls, our own choices and our own lives. That's all any of us should worry about. And furthermore,if we can't encourage and show each other some love, maybe we just shouldn't respond at all.

WELCOME TO VJ! GOD BLESS YOUR JOURNEY, YOUR MARRIAGE, AND YOUR LIFE!

Oku orire igbeyawo tonbo :thumbs:

I envy you in that you can speak Hausa, have a nice trip.

PS: You don't have to explain yourself to anyone here.

Tell her again Gowan! If she thought she needed to everyone to know just to get a question answered...she would have posted it to begin with. Many of the comments on this thread were rude, hateful and un-called for.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I applaud you for standing your ground. Geesh I understand that many people are scammed by Nigerians and I pray for their hearts and get very angry with the scammers. But my God, not everyone who marries a Nigerian goes into their marriage blindly. I believe with every ounce of my strength if God is made the center of anyone's marriage and He has ordained it to be so it will be successful. I am glad the discouraging words did not discourage you. God bless you and your future with you husband. You go girl!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.