LAKY

Got Approved!!!!!!!! Need advice!!!!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

It takes about 3 days for the case to arrive at the embassy. So send them an email on Friday or Monday of next week to find out if they have it. If they do, they will send you the K Visa Instructions Package via email. Just follow the instructions on how to register on the link provided, pick your DHL destination, pay for the visa and pick your interview date. If you hurry, you might be able to make your appointment for August.

For more info regarding the process in Colombia you can check out the Colombia Club thread.

Diana

Yes it takes about 3 days from NVC to EMBASSY, but as other members mentioned, it takes A LOT MORE for USCIS to send them to NVC. And then they have to "process" it, although this is typically about 3-4 days. Based on the current timelines, VSC is much faster than CSC on sending the approved petitions to NVC. Their average now is about 2-3 weeks. Adding the 3-4 days for the embassy to receive your case, I would say after a month (and half maybe), you should expect the embassy to inform you about the interview date which completely depends on their schedule and significantly varies by each country and embassy.

I don't know the reasons that you might consider postponing your trip, but these are the current "normal" processing times as of today.

Edited by soheil

Our story: K1 -> AOS -> ROC -> Naturalization (2012 - current)

(checkout our timeline for details)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Congratulations!:dance:

It may go fast from the NVC to your Embassy, to packet 3, but there is also a time from USCIS approval notice to NVC receiving.

For us, it took 55 excrutiating days from our NOA2 approval notice from CSC until NVC finally says "we have your case" , and gave it a case number.

WOW? 55 days for real?!!! that is 3 months!!! Have you contacted your congress people during that time? Man, hearing these stories really takes away all the last pieces of hope I have left :(

Our story: K1 -> AOS -> ROC -> Naturalization (2012 - current)

(checkout our timeline for details)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!! :thumbs: :thumbs: Hope you have a smooth flow for the rest of the process!! GOD bless!!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just got an email saying "On July 16, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)"

I am dying of happiness right now!!!! However I do not know what to do. I planned a trip to go see my boo for a week at the begining of august (have the tickets already) and now that I receive this email, I do not know if it's best to postpone that trip. How long is it taking from this stage to the interview??

As others have said, you should look at other timelines from your country and see what they are averaging once they received NOA2. This would be the best indicator of how things are going. I went back and checked our timeline just to give you a ballpark answer and from our NOA2 until our interview in Brazil was 8 weeks. But every country is different in timeframes. The main thing is that things get a little faster now. Make sure you are familiar with everything that is going to be needed for the K1 application in Colombia. You were just approved for the I-129f, that allows the beneficiary to apply for the K1. There are a lot of documents that are needed for that process also. But I am sure that you have already gone through all of the instructions and requirements. If not, give them a thorough reading.

Best of luck on the rest of your journey.

P.S.S. I did re-arrange a planned trip to Brazil to be with Mari for the interview. For me, it was worth the extra 4 weeks of waiting to see her. We were able to celebrate together. This also allowed for us to come back together as once she was approved and got her visa in hand (about 5 days after the interview for us), we scheduled our flight back together. It was a nightmare trying to arrange all the things she wanted to bring into suitcases. I packed very lightly as we were hoping to come back together. On an international flight with American Airlines, each passenger can check 2 bags with no extra fees. So we had 3 suitcases, a duffel bag, 2 carry on suitcases, and 2 backpacks. All of my clothes fit into my carry on suitcase. Everything else was hers. It was very challenging, yet one of the best times we had together knowing we were starting our lives together. I hope you get to have as much fun as we did coming back together.!!!!!

P.S. It took 17 days from our NOA2 until the NVC sent our packet to consulate in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Then about another 6 weeks before our interview.

Edited by John & Mari

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulation! :dance:

Thank you for the wonderful blessing :-)

5/26/2011 1st Meeting - Manila(yayyyyyyyyyyyyy)

5/26/2011 Got Engaged (He proposed soon as he arrived yayyyyyy :-)

6/11/2011 Flight back to US (sooooooo sad)

6/15/2012 Send the K1 packet

6/18/2012 Received in Dallas Lockbox

6/21/2012 Received NOA1 through email

6/25/2012 Received hardcopy of NOA1

1/03/2013 Received NOA2

1/04/2013 Received hardcopy of NOA2

2/14/2013 INTERVIEW (APPROVED) THANKS TO YOU OOH LORD!!!

NOW WE ARE WAITING FOR DELIVERY OF MY VISA!

Loving you makes life worth living!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My petition was in a group, that in early May, after they got the NOA2 approval, the CSC did a stupid thing and sent a bunch to the wrong place, so it added a lot of extra time getting it to the NVC. Your time from NOA2 to NVC should go much faster, but I think there is still a log jam at NVC now getting cases assigned, because all the misdirected ones are finally there now, in addition to the normal influx. Good luck with the rest of your journey!

event.pngJoanna (Ying) is from Zhu Hai, China
Met online June 2011,
First visit August 2011 for two weeks,
Second visit November 2011 for one week,
Sent I-129F in Dec 2011,
12-22-2011 - NOA1 Received
Third visit April 2012 for two weeks (met all her family! Lots of "Ganbei!!!" (cheers) with her brothers with 100 proof - whew!))
05-09-2012 - NOA2 Received
05-09-2012 - ???? - CSC accidentally sends approved NOA2 to a storage facility, then has to retrieve it - Auuggghh!!
07-02-2012 - NVC Received
07-26-2012 - Packet 3 returned
07-27-2012 - Packet 3 received (yes- one day after she already sent it in- mini short-cut)
08-09-2012 - Packet 4 e-mail received
09-04-2012 - Interview
09-19-2012 - Received Visa
09-28-2012 - Ying's POE date (Chicago O'Hare)
10-27-2012 - Married!!!
11-20-2012 - AOS forms sent to USCIS

12-26-2012 - Biometrics Appointment

02-10-2013 - Ying gets I-512 Combo work authorization and travel authorization advanced parole card

06-23-2013 - Ying returns to China to assist with completing son's K2 Visa

07-10-2013 - Ying's son, Zongyang, passes K2 Visa interview in Guangzhou

07-29-2013 - Ying's I-485 AOS is approved

08-03-2013 - Ying's 2 year green card arrives in mail (she's still in China with son)

08-08-2013 - Ying and Zongyang enter US, HK to Toronto to O'Hare

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I will definitely check the timelines but I heard that it is taking about 2 or 3 months to get an interview cuz the NVC is working a bit slow. But THANK YOU ALL for your words. I still have 3 weeks to figure it out :). Good luck to you all :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

congrats!

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Congratulations! If you can afford to go visit - I say go! My biggest regret is waiting too long to visit...you can never tell how long it will take until you have your visa in hand...

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.