Neonred

The Rest of the Story....on California

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The state is rigged so that the Governor is only a figurehead. Look how much trouble Moonbeam is having getting anything done, even after they rigged the budget process to lock out the Republicans. They still have to go to the taxpayers to raise the taxes, and that just is not going to happen again. The electorate is getting wise to the ways of Sacramento.

The implication being that for 47 out of the last 69 years all the Republican governors of California, including Reagan, were nothing but leeches, because they had to know, going into the race, they would be figureheads. It just shows you how dishonest the GOP can be, if what you say is true.

If it is all the same with you, I would rather stick to my notion that the California has been run by politicians from both parties and we all dug ourselves in. It may not be as fun as tugging the party line as you propose, but all the same, it sounds more cogent.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Why do you insist on the illusion that there is a viable Republican party in California?

Because they have representatives in all levels of the State and because more often than not they were elected Governors.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Because they have representatives in all levels of the State and because more often than not they were elected Governors.

Not since Pete Wilson. Arnold had more in common with Uncle Teddy than he did with what is left of the fiscal conservatives in California.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2010/02/schwarzenegger-tea-party-not-going-to-go-anywhere/

Timeline

Not since Pete Wilson. Arnold had more in common with Uncle Teddy than he did with what is left of the fiscal conservatives in California.

http://abcnews.go.co...to-go-anywhere/

I would dispute that but it would be my opinion against your opinion.

Factually speaking, both parties are responsible for the situation in which California is today for both parties have ruled the State together. If your opinion is a reflection of reality and the GOP representatives were less then desirable, it only make the GOP look even worse for not being able to reign in their own or even coalesce around a common ideal and goal.

However, it does open a whole new universe of possibilities in debunking the myth that certain States are doing better because their administration is Republican. It may just very well be that if you are right, many of the so-called red states are doing well as a result of Republican ineptitude and Democratic cunning as a result of their opposition being anemic.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would dispute that but it would be my opinion against your opinion.

Factually speaking, both parties are responsible for the situation in which California is today for both parties have ruled the State together. If your opinion is a reflection of reality and the GOP representatives were less then desirable, it only make the GOP look even worse for not being able to reign in their own or even coalesce around a common ideal and goal.

However, it does open a whole new universe of possibilities in debunking the myth that certain States are doing better because their administration is Republican. It may just very well be that if you are right, many of the so-called red states are doing well as a result of Republican ineptitude and Democratic cunning as a result of their opposition being anemic.

English only outside of the regional forums please.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

N.S.! She He can't even keep the players straight.

Who knows? Apparently, Google translate is not a friend.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What used to be called fiscal conservatives are now that dying breed called moderates! The tea party has rejected reality and practicality in favor of wild-eyed ideology and outright paranoia! It might be entertaining to watch them try to actually govern except that real people's lives can be turned upside down by their stupidity!

English only outside of the regional forums please.

Them damn libruls with all them big words! :rofl:

Timeline

What used to be called fiscal conservatives are now that dying breed called moderates! The tea party has rejected reality and practicality in favor of wild-eyed ideology and outright paranoia! It might be entertaining to watch them try to actually govern except that real people's lives can be turned upside down by their stupidity!

Them damn libruls with all them big words! :rofl:

Please translate for me. I've been exposed to all kinds of different versions of English as you see in my other thread.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

California's over all unemployment rate for the month of June 2012 was 10.8%, down from 12.5% of a few months ago. This may be due to growing season...not sure.

The illegal aliens are not counted, alas.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

The illegal aliens are not counted, alas.

I read in an LA Times article a few years back that illegals make up an estimated 10% or even more of California's work force. That's crazy.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Alta California is Mexico.

Ah yes the politically correct term. Gotta love how the media loves to change the English language for us.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."