SingleDad2usc

2012 re-authorization, Male VAWA, children VAWA

326 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

this topic so far led to conclusion of probably "eligible". the irony is that to continue to drive legally, and to continue to care for the children legally - I'm required to produce evidence that I REQUIRE THERAPY. It's hard to accept that this is what this country has come to - but (as the man below points out) if we don't accept that we have a problem, we can't possibly cure it: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article31810.htm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I can't believe that all this has gone on for 21 pages so far, no man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

this topic so far led to conclusion of probably "eligible". the irony is that to continue to drive legally, and to continue to care for the children legally - I'm required to produce evidence that I REQUIRE THERAPY. It's hard to accept that this is what this country has come to - but (as the man below points out) if we don't accept that we have a problem, we can't possibly cure it: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article31810.htm

Since you know, you need therapy ... I'm happy to tell you, that they have therapy in Canada too. Just in case ... If you have to leave the US.

Strengthen families? I think you are going a little to far here. The thing you are keep forgetting is that you are

1) not authorized to stay aka illegal

2) not authorized to get a SSN because of point 1)

3) benefits for an illegal alien? No, I don't think so ... You already get more that you should have gotten!

Just my two cents. I am not trying to attack you, but I really don't get how somebody is so ignorant and wants, wants, wants when you are not eligable.

Totally agree with 1) 2) and 3)

The problem is you have outstayed your welcome here. The country doesnt owe you anything. :/

Totally agree. US only owes to its citizen minors

No, I believe the conclusion is, as it's been all along, probably NOT "eligible," which is why you're busy manipulating a meeting with child protective services in order to manufacture evidence that would not exist otherwise.

I agree: I have to take a stand. Judge ordered it fixed 8 years ago, but ACS has never considered it important

Fact: mother has been "legal" for over 8 years - but is hiding from authorities; father is "illegal", has been doing all the work and only won praises for it from all authorities - but continues to be "illegal"

Heed the lessons from 3-min HBO video above: stop blindly pounding your chest. Don't scare easily. Strive to be informed: that's the only reason everyone needs this forum

I agree: I have to take a stand. Judge ordered it fixed 8 years ago, but ACS has never considered it important

1.) Family court judges can't and don't order permanent residency. You can misinterpret it any way you'd like, but your illegal residency has never been "ordered" to be "fixed" by any judge. Perhaps the judge was ordering that you establish and maintain residency in NYC while your children were in foster care and under the supervision of child protective services, and while you were establishing paternity, but no judge ever "ordered" your illegal status "fixed."

2.) Your illegal residency isn't child protective services concern. Their purpose is to assure children aren't abused/neglected, which they've done for years and years and years for your children - while they have been in your care. Obviously it hasn't been important to you, either, or you would have done something about prior to losing your driving privileges.

Fact: mother has been "legal" for over 8 years - but is hiding from authorities; father is "illegal", has been doing all the work and only won praises for it from all authorities - but continues to be "illegal"

Heed the lessons from 3-min HBO video above: stop blindly pounding your chest. Don't scare easily. Strive to be informed: that's the only reason everyone needs this forum

I don't take civics or national pride lessons from three minute made-for-television sensationalism.

Here are facts: all educational and medical authorities praised me, 5 separate Judges ruled in my favor, Mayor of the largest city in the nation gave me community Award, Social Security Administration and Administration for Children Services praised me as well. USCIS – working on it; the best thoughtful idea I heard so far: secure the evidence that you require MENTAL THERAPY! That’s to be able to renew driving privileges, following 100,000 miles without an accident or a ticket. That’s to “legally” continue to ably meet all medical and educational needs of two children, following the initial 3,000 days and nights that are now history…

I’m looking at the Polaroid of two pretty scared and sad DOLLS, snapped at the precinct following “legal” mother’s 911 transcript call “I don’t want these children, I want to have fun and move in with my boyfriend”. People who run into us today, ask “And who are THESE children?”

Of course you may let your heart and mind just follow everyone else in that 3-min video... Or you may want to stand up for what's right, like the provocative hero did. One way or another, I view you all as friends!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

People who run into us today, ask “And who are THESE children?”

Canadian?

Possibly also some unnamed East European Country.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

That's the question I'm kind of asking: what might the system have for a difficult family case like this?

Take children to Canada: NO. I'm reading yesterday's "Office of School Health" note: "your son was feeling dizzy and shivered today at noon. He rested under blanket and felt better. Please send in Sweatshirt+Long pants..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.