36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We had our interview today and we where denied what do I do now? What happens? I am so confused and lost and this is so unfair. I call the congressman and they are so "busy." I also called the consulate but becuase it is ramadan they close early so nobody was able to help me. I was told call tomoroow and I will inshallah. Only Allh knows best right now and I am going to pray and ask for guidance because I am truely lost. And confused. Our process went fast and also, I made the salat about hte situation and I got a good feeling and everything went smoothly and then baam a big wall. This sucks anybody have any suggestion how do you prepare for the denial and reaffirm thing?

إركا

[

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We had our interview today and we where denied what do I do now? What happens? I am so confused and lost and this is so unfair. I call the congressman and they are so "busy." I also called the consulate but becuase it is ramadan they close early so nobody was able to help me. I was told call tomoroow and I will inshallah. Only Allh knows best right now and I am going to pray and ask for guidance because I am truely lost. And confused. Our process went fast and also, I made the salat about hte situation and I got a good feeling and everything went smoothly and then baam a big wall. This sucks anybody have any suggestion how do you prepare for the denial and reaffirm thing?

Denied based on what reason? Any given? Was it lack of certain documentation?

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation. You both must be devestated.

I notice from your timeline that you were denied due to not knowing each other long enough? How long had you known each other?

Did they give you any idea about how long they want you to know each other before they will approve your case?

What advice did they offer you at the end of the interview?

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I notice from your timeline that you were denied due to not knowing each other long enough? How long had you known each other?

Did they give you any idea about how long they want you to know each other before they will approve your case?

I do not think the OP was there.

It would appear:

Met once

Do not share a common language

Different race.

Probably different religion, not clear.

Age difference?

Morrocco - male applicant.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

It would appear:

Met once

Different race.

Age difference?

La, you are wrong sir, we are both muslims. Race does not matter in our religion and a lot of people in my family are married to different races, I am mixed myself. He is Arab yes, he is 28 and I am 24. We met once and in islam you are given the room to what ever. We have been talk since May. But when I filed my petition the timeline of reviewing the application was about 6 months out so I thought that I would have six months. The process went fast, they must of thought our package was good. We love each other and I dont understand how this could be the only reason. he told me what he said and i really thing that the race was the issue and they had to figure something else again. I want him and I want a husband. That is why we did Fiance visa for time to get to know each other. I do not know how I got the B!t(h for my interview but we did. I do not think 5 months is a short time, I think it is to long and if they are in Morocco they should know the customers and religious practices of the people.

إركا

[

La, you are wrong sir, we are both muslims. Race does not matter in our religion and a lot of people in my family are married to different races, I am mixed myself. He is Arab yes, he is 28 and I am 24. We met once and in islam you are given the room to what ever. We have been talk since May. But when I filed my petition the timeline of reviewing the application was about 6 months out so I thought that I would have six months. The process went fast, they must of thought our package was good. We love each other and I dont understand how this could be the only reason. he told me what he said and i really thing that the race was the issue and they had to figure something else again. I want him and I want a husband. That is why we did Fiance visa for time to get to know each other. I do not know how I got the B!t(h for my interview but we did. I do not think 5 months is a short time, I think it is to long and if they are in Morocco they should know the customers and religious practices of the people.

Private- as you know from my other posting the MENA forum, you have my sympathies and I know you are feeling devastated today. Denial of the petition at the interview process is the greatest fear of many of here. I think your story can help others learn from your case as well as give others a chance to help you resolve this if we can learn more.

Here is what I think I know about your case.

You were introduced by your fiance's cousin (a friend of yours living in the US). You began talking over the internet in May 2006. Within a few days you were already agreeing to get married. You visited him for the first and only time this summer. You filed with VSC a couple of weeks after returning. VSC processed you so quickly (15 days?) and your interview quickly followed.

I have no doubt for of your sincerity in this relationship, but since it all happened really quickly, if I put on my consulate hat I would ask you the following:

What evidence did you submit of an on-going relationhip and how solid was that evidence?

How long was your visit in Morocco? Did you meet his family? Did you submit evidence of your time together? What did you send to him in terms of evidence to use? What evidence did he already have in his hands?

Did you explain in your petion the details of how you met and how quickly you became engaged? Was that part of the supplement to teh I129 form? Or did this detail come out in the questioning of the interview? sounds like his interview was over an hour and they grilled him pretty good.

You mentioned in another post your congressman was not helpful. You have 3 national pres you can contact. Find one that is willing to help. Write to the embassy tonight and follow up and call in the morning (their time). Be sure to CC your elected official in the email.

It still maybe possible to turn this around at the consulate level, but if not, don;t fret. There are others here who have gone through this process. its is disappointing because it means more time apart and dealing with more bureaucracy. You can survive this.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Private- as you know from my other posting the MENA forum, you have my sympathies and I know you are feeling devastated today. Denial of the petition at the interview process is the greatest fear of many of here. I think your story can help others learn from your case as well as give others a chance to help you resolve this if we can learn more.

Here is what I think I know about your case.

You were introduced by your fiance's cousin (a friend of yours living in the US). You began talking over the internet in May 2006. Within a few days you were already agreeing to get married. You visited him for the first and only time this summer. You filed with VSC a couple of weeks after returning. VSC processed you so quickly (15 days?) and your interview quickly followed.

I have no doubt for of your sincerity in this relationship, but since it all happened really quickly, if I put on my consulate hat I would ask you the following:

What evidence did you submit of an on-going relationhip and how solid was that evidence?

How long was your visit in Morocco? Did you meet his family? Did you submit evidence of your time together? What did you send to him in terms of evidence to use? What evidence did he already have in his hands?

Did you explain in your petion the details of how you met and how quickly you became engaged? Was that part of the supplement to teh I129 form? Or did this detail come out in the questioning of the interview? sounds like his interview was over an hour and they grilled him pretty good.

You mentioned in another post your congressman was not helpful. You have 3 national pres you can contact. Find one that is willing to help. Write to the embassy tonight and follow up and call in the morning (their time). Be sure to CC your elected official in the email.

It still maybe possible to turn this around at the consulate level, but if not, don;t fret. There are others here who have gone through this process. its is disappointing because it means more time apart and dealing with more bureaucracy. You can survive this.

MyBackPages I agree with yoru reasoning here.

Private- I am sorry you got denied. As you know, Morocco has a high percentage for visa fraud. I am not saying you commited fraud but I am telling you that they have signs they look out for with visa petitions.

It does seem odd that his cousin who is in the US introduced you, and to Casa that probably looks like an arranged marriage, especially since in your profile it says "after a few days we agreed to get married".

I don't know about other peole but I filed our visa petition after having known hicham for over a year, and after my second trip to Morocco which stillfor me doesn't seem like much time. I can't imagine agreeing to get married after a few days of knowing him without even having met.

Good luck to you

Sarah

It does seem odd that his cousin who is in the US introduced you, and to Casa that probably looks like an arranged marriage, especially since in your profile it says "after a few days we agreed to get married".

I don't know about other peole but I filed our visa petition after having known hicham for over a year, and after my second trip to Morocco which stillfor me doesn't seem like much time. I can't imagine agreeing to get married after a few days of knowing him without even having met.

Good luck to you

Sarah

Was her VJ profile submitted as proof to the consulate? If not I don't see how that has any bearing on her case.

Your personal opinion about how long someone should or should not know each other before agreeing to marry also has nothing to do with her case. :star:

Private... I hope everything works out. PM me or get me on Yahoo inshallah sister. (F)

Timeline

Good luck to you

Sarah

Was her VJ profile submitted as proof to the consulate? If not I don't see how that has any bearing on her case.

Your personal opinion about how long someone should or should not know each other before agreeing to marry also has nothing to do with her case. :star:

Private... I hope everything works out. PM me or get me on Yahoo inshallah sister. (F)

back at it again? I thought you were done VP?

Your sympathy does nothing for her case. Helping her find out why and what to do is what she needs.

Timeline

back at it again? I thought you were done VP?

Your sympathy does nothing for her case. Helping her find out why and what to do is what she needs.

And you're judgements and condemnations are helping her?

What judgements and condemnations? she wrote it in her profile herself...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It would appear:

Met once

Different race.

Age difference?

Amended, I said religion was not clear:

Met once

Different race.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

That is why we did Fiance visa for time to get to know each other.

Not sure what you meant by this, but I'm sure that wouldn't go over big at a K-1 interview if he also said something like that. K-1 is to come here to get married, period. Not to get to know each other.

Timeline

Not sure what you meant by this, but I'm sure that wouldn't go over big at a K-1 interview if he also said something like that. K-1 is to come here to get married, period. Not to get to know each other.

yikes. Like you said a K-1 Visa is not to get to know eachother more in the US. It means you are engaged and commited to marrying and living together in the US. It's not for dating.

:thumbs:

Private you are military?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34106

shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.