carL♥tRin

Decision Cannot be Made yet after the interview

11 posts in this topic

Hello Visajourney members!

I had my US Citizenship interview few days ago at Dallas service center in Irving Tx. Everything went well. Passed my English/ Gov&History test. But it says that decision cannot be made yet, and I will receive a written notice in the mail. The I.O explained the reason for the hold. She told me that they will need to run a background check on my name, also stated that they already runned a background check in the name I have in my Permanent Residence card. But it shows in their database that I have another name written in different way and need to run another background check on that. Also told me, it will take only a week and half to process and they will send me a letter. If everything is cleared they will send me appointment letter for the oath ceremony. Since the I.O told me the turn around time, you think it will not delay like what I have read in the threads like it has been taking several months to hear from USCIS? I.O also told me that everything is good in my documents, they only have to do the background check just to make sure. I never had any traffic tickets in the past. So, I should be fine I guess..:-)

F2A Journey ( Daughter or LPR mom)

PD: 08/22/2013

NOA2: 11/15/2013

CASE NUMBER GENERATED: 12/16/2013

DS261 SENT: 12/16/2013

AOS PAID: 1/1/2014

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PAID: 1/10/2014

IV PACKET SENT:

Since you had your interview already, if everything goes smoothly in the second background check they will send your approval and a date for oath taking in few weeks. If I remember exactly, my sister had an unpaid traffic ticket during her interview. She passed her interview but because it showed that she has an unpaid ticket they cannot approve her that day. She paid the ticket the next day. She got her oath taking notice a couple of weeks after the interview. So I think, you shouldn't worry about anything.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I think you are in good position and you'll get approved. Technically they can take upto 120 days to make the decision, in your case it might not take that long. Just relax and wait for them to complete the back ground check.

Thank you so much for the response!:-) good news, I got my oath letter today! yay! I will be taking the oath in 2 weeks!:-) Thank you Lord!

F2A Journey ( Daughter or LPR mom)

PD: 08/22/2013

NOA2: 11/15/2013

CASE NUMBER GENERATED: 12/16/2013

DS261 SENT: 12/16/2013

AOS PAID: 1/1/2014

AOS PACKET SENT:

IV PAID: 1/10/2014

IV PACKET SENT:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Congratulation. That's pretty fast.

Did your status change from interview to oath scheduled ?

Thank you so much for the response!:-) good news, I got my oath letter today! yay! I will be taking the oath in 2 weeks!:-) Thank you Lord!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wife from Latin America, did not have problems, has a rather unique German name. Stepdaughter was a different story with a very common Latin American last name. So common got 4,930,000 hits on google. Seems to be a vast shortage of Latin American surnames that also caused that decision cannot be made at this time.

So what about the Philippines, do they also have a limited supply of different surnames?

Can share that stressful period you went through, thousands of Latin Americans with that same last name had rather long criminal records. Even the first and middle name.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is now closed to further comment.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.