msheesha

DAILY THREAD

335 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
1341950367[/url]' post='5514920']

Agreed. Your husband will end up getting himself into trouble if this doesn't get dealt with properly and soon.

Mohammed said at 5:00, a man in a suit he never saw before, approached him and said can you stay a bit longer, I would like to speak with you. Gosh, surely he is not being accused of wrong doing. I feel sad and helpless as I know he is so nervous and tries to work so hard at his job for this company. Sometimes, he shows up one hour early just so he won't be late. Well, I guess we shall see when he arrives.

Edited by foreverwaiting

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

He should report it to HR so it is on record that he is the complaining party. If anything happens, there is a record that your husband complained and asked HR for help with the guy. If the guy escalates the situation and antagonizes your husband to the point of "taking it to another level", this AJ guy can then complain to HR. He needs to get in on record as soon as possible, in my opinion.

:thumbs:

Reporting it to HR creates an official record. Employers are usually required by law to take reasonable steps to prevent harassment in the workplace on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, etc. (check your state EEOC statute for specifics.) But if it's not reported, they can claim they didn't know about it, and avoid lawsuits for neglecting to take action to prevent it from continuing.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Agreed. Your husband will end up getting himself into trouble if this doesn't get dealt with properly and soon.

you baby is SO cute!!!!!!!!biggrin.gif

Filed: Timeline

Just a big thanks for all those who gave some wonderful advice to us re: work issues.

Last night after Mohammed came home from his meeting. The man that approached him in my last post yesterday, was the Senior Vice President of Corporate Headquarters in Columbus, Ohio which is about 4 hours or so from Cincinnati. He was in Cincinnati for a meeting with all the Corporate Managers, etc. Oddly enough, the reason he approached Mohammed in the first place was to speak with him about Morocco as he and his family will be spending some time there. Mohammed said he was so nervous as they walked back to the conference room and felt his job was at jeopardy. Mohammed said he first introduced himself and said I have heard nothing but good things about you Mohammed. He really just wanted to speak with Mohammed about Morocco and the new resort that was built near El Jadida and a bit about Marrakech. He said they had a good conversation and he even asked Mohammed about some words like how to say thank you, yes and no in arabic LOL. After the conversation was over about Morocco, he then asked Mohammed was he enjoying his job and were the employees treating him with respect as he stated coming from another country sometimes it can tend to be a bit difficult fitting in. Well...... Mohammed just told him everything about AJ and the look oh his face Mohammed said was of anger and disbelief that one of his employees could go this far. He excused himself for a bit and brought back the Human Resource Manager and her laptop and took all this information down. They both left Mohammed for a bit and the VP returned with an apology on the company's behalf and offered him a private place in the company to pray with a key so as no one could interrupt him again. Mohammed felt a little choked up and shook his hand and gave many thanks to him for understanding his position. They already offer him a two hour lunch on Fridays to attend the Mosque for Friday prayer and said if you need more time during Ramadan just let us know.

In the end, they shook hands and Mohammed said enjoy your stay in Morocco. I am very proud of how Mohammed stood his ground last night though his nerves were shaken a bit. I don't know what will happen this morning with AJ and if they spoke with him last night but I guess time will tell.

Thank you all again for some great insight.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Just a big thanks for all those who gave some wonderful advice to us re: work issues.

Last night after Mohammed came home from his meeting. The man that approached him in my last post yesterday, was the Senior Vice President of Corporate Headquarters in Columbus, Ohio which is about 4 hours or so from Cincinnati. He was in Cincinnati for a meeting with all the Corporate Managers, etc. Oddly enough, the reason he approached Mohammed in the first place was to speak with him about Morocco as he and his family will be spending some time there. Mohammed said he was so nervous as they walked back to the conference room and felt his job was at jeopardy. Mohammed said he first introduced himself and said I have heard nothing but good things about you Mohammed. He really just wanted to speak with Mohammed about Morocco and the new resort that was built near El Jadida and a bit about Marrakech. He said they had a good conversation and he even asked Mohammed about some words like how to say thank you, yes and no in arabic LOL. After the conversation was over about Morocco, he then asked Mohammed was he enjoying his job and were the employees treating him with respect as he stated coming from another country sometimes it can tend to be a bit difficult fitting in. Well...... Mohammed just told him everything about AJ and the look oh his face Mohammed said was of anger and disbelief that one of his employees could go this far. He excused himself for a bit and brought back the Human Resource Manager and her laptop and took all this information down. They both left Mohammed for a bit and the VP returned with an apology on the company's behalf and offered him a private place in the company to pray with a key so as no one could interrupt him again. Mohammed felt a little choked up and shook his hand and gave many thanks to him for understanding his position. They already offer him a two hour lunch on Fridays to attend the Mosque for Friday prayer and said if you need more time during Ramadan just let us know.

In the end, they shook hands and Mohammed said enjoy your stay in Morocco. I am very proud of how Mohammed stood his ground last night though his nerves were shaken a bit. I don't know what will happen this morning with AJ and if they spoke with him last night but I guess time will tell.

Thank you all again for some great insight.

Glad to hear everything worked out !

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm glad everything worked out!

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

How's operation thin going?

Pretty slowly but it's going. I am continuously thwarted by dinner invitations and get togethers. But on the evenings that I know I'll be out to dinner with friends, I keep my kcal intake very low during the day and make sure to go walk/jog for an hour. Friends who eat a lot and aren't on a weight loss mission are extremely pushy. I have one close friend in particular who does this when I'm spending time with her. I'm wearing my 2s and 4s but they aren't roomie. Yet. My next weigh in is Monday July 16.

I read that you can see definition in your abs! Woo hoo!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Pretty slowly but it's going. I am continuously thwarted by dinner invitations and get togethers. But on the evenings that I know I'll be out to dinner with friends, I keep my kcal intake very low during the day and make sure to go walk/jog for an hour. Friends who eat a lot and aren't on a weight loss mission are extremely pushy. I have one close friend in particular who does this when I'm spending time with her. I'm wearing my 2s and 4s but they aren't roomie. Yet. My next weigh in is Monday July 16.

I read that you can see definition in your abs! Woo hoo!!!

Yeah! Although not much yet. I've got some of that going on everywhere under various layers of padding. My 6s are getting kinda roomy. I have yet to try on any 4s to see how that is going. I'm so excited to be in the 120s again-- even though it's just 129 LOL.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.