abbi627

New here and hoping to learn - Morocco

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have been reading your posts for a while now and decided to join so I could start posting. I am preparing to take my first trip to Morocco to meet my fiance and start the K1 visa process. I have been in contact with a few attorneys and I have read tons of information and realize we have a daunting process ahead of us. Reading the ups and downs you have all been through both scares me and gives me hope. I live in the US in Florida and I have noticed some of you live in this area so I wanted to say hello to all of you. And I hope to continue to learn from you and I wish all of you the best of luck. And congratulations to those of you who have made it through this process!

Hello everyone. I have been reading your posts for a while now and decided to join so I could start posting. I am preparing to take my first trip to Morocco to meet my fiance and start the K1 visa process. I have been in contact with a few attorneys and I have read tons of information and realize we have a daunting process ahead of us. Reading the ups and downs you have all been through both scares me and gives me hope. I live in the US in Florida and I have noticed some of you live in this area so I wanted to say hello to all of you. And I hope to continue to learn from you and I wish all of you the best of luck. And congratulations to those of you who have made it through this process!

I wouldn't call it daunting. Attention to detail, preparation ahead of time, patience, more patience and asking questions when you need some answers is what is needed. Morocco has it's own challenges, but there is a forum specific to the country here; you want to read those posts more closely and proceed accordingly.

Good luck in your journey

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the welcome. Right now I am mostly focusing on the trip ahead but I am always thinking of what needs to be done and I like to be super organized and want to know every little detail of what needs to be done. So I catch myself awake at 2:00 am in here reading these forums and other sites trying to learn everything I can. And I appreciate anything you all tell me. I have read almost all of your posts and many of you have been through so much. And I am just starting out. But right now I am going to focus on enjoying our visit and our time together. Thank you all for making me feel welcome. Oh, and I live on the east coast of Florida a little north of the West Palm Beach area. I have been to Tampa a few times. Thanks for the reply Amber.

Timeline

welcome to vj :thumbs:

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Timeline

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond. I am just finalizing my plans and will be traveling in August. I thought I would have to wait longer but things just worked out where I could go sooner than planned so I am extremely excited, happy and a bit nervous. The trip itself makes me a bit nervous as I have not been out of the country before except to go to Mexico and some of the caribbean islands - but I live in south Florida so the Islands are pretty much like south Florida. So any travel tips would be appreciated!

Timeline

Welcome to visa journey. It is a long road but well worth the travel!! Many of us have been to Morocco many times. Feel free to PM me with any questions!!

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond. I am just finalizing my plans and will be traveling in August. I thought I would have to wait longer but things just worked out where I could go sooner than planned so I am extremely excited, happy and a bit nervous. The trip itself makes me a bit nervous as I have not been out of the country before except to go to Mexico and some of the caribbean islands - but I live in south Florida so the Islands are pretty much like south Florida. So any travel tips would be appreciated!

travel.state.gov has a lot of info - travel alerts, travel warnings, info on various countries... Always be prepared ahead of time. Make a couple of copies of your passport info page and any valid visa pages and scan one to yourself and give copies to a trusted friend. That way, if you lose your passport, they can verify your information faster and get you a new one. Bring a supply of antibiotics, anti-malarials for duration of your stay (if the country you are going to has malaria). Be current on your vaccinations.

Definitely enroll in the free Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP): https://step.state.gov/step/

In case something happens, Embassy can provide assistance if they know you are in the country.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Been there 4 times and have it down pat...hahahaha wait 5?

would love to answer anything I can help with

The country is so welcoming!!!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I have a personal hurdle to overcome - I am terrified to fly. I always said I would never fly. Well guess what - I happened to fall in love with a man halfway around the world. It looks like I can get a flight from Miami to Spain (I forget which city) and then a flight to Casablanca. I can and will do this. But I'm extremely nervous. I just have to focus on why I am doing this and if I ask myself "is he worth this?" the answer is YES!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.