Canuck Carrie

Pets

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Zoe is 10 years old and that is a middle aged cat. I know she would survive the trip... but she is an outdoor cat. She goes outside and hunts mice and rats and birds (unfortunately). However an outdoor cat in the city is bad news. She would get lost and probably run over or something. I don't believe in having an indoor cat unless they are inside from birth. And yes... declawing a cat is cruel.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Sigh....how sad. I'm glad you have pictures though. HUGSSSSS

Thanks...Loads of pictures and almost 19 years of memories... I still miss him OOOOODLES, even tho we have a new little furry companion! :luv:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

i know this has been said....but how can you call spaying and neutering animals cruel???

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

while i was living in romania ive never seen an obese cat there....i got here and guess what...there're everywhere...and why? that is the first thing that happens to them after you fix them.....and being big like that ---->>> other diseases...cancer etc etc...thank you but i dont want my cat to be fat like that and die after a couple of years of i dont know what disease...i dont like to go against nature....when you do that then the consequences are dramatic (for example...when you "play" a little with the hormons in your body what happens??? ;) )

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

I have 2 cats. I would love to bring the both of them with me, but they're not getting along so greatly since a few weeks so I have to make a decision on which one I will take with me and which one my sister will take.....not an easy thing to do. Fiance told me my cat could only come if she got declawed.....I told him he must be mad 'cause no way in hell would I put her through that. Actually the procedure is seen as animal cruelty here in my country. Well, after being very tough with my fiance I managed to convince him that a cat just needs her claws.....end of story. By the way I don't think spaying or neutering is cruel at all. I wish all animal lovers would do that so we wouldn't end up with all these animal shelters full of cats and dogs who were wandering down the streets.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

gabby4ever, I lived in Romania for a year with my fiance, and all Romanians think that way about not getting animals fixed, this would be why the streets are over crowded with homeless animals in Romania. There are more animals on the streets than there are people! People get their pets fixed for health and pet population reasons. :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree. Pets have to be fixed.

Down here there is so many cats running around, becasue the owners are not responable for them. That bugs me. You know how many kittens a cat can produce thru out her life..........tonssssssssssss

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

well, i see we all have so many different opinions on animal population control, and what's cruel and what's not cruel to the animal. in my opinion, God created these animals for my enjoyment, not for me to decide whether or not to spay/neuter them to control their population. this is just as much their planet as ours. i keep hearing comments on how many homeless animals there are and i agree it is a sad sight to see them on the streets. i just don't believe it is a fair thing to do to an animal. we are not animal pshycologists, so we dont know the mental effects such an operation could have on them. other than facial expressions and body language, we can't truly tell what our pets are thinking and feeling inside. like i said in an earlier post, the animal was born that way, so i am going to allow my pets to live in their natural born physical state. really and truly, there is no deciding what is right/wrong, fair/unfair, harmful/unharmful, positive/ or negative on this subject. you all have your pets, and i have mine, and we will all do what we feel is the right thing. there are no laws governing this one way or the other, thank goodness(probably will be soon), so to each his/her own. so to overt any ongoing verbal battles over this, i say to you all to do the best you can by your pet, love it, take care of it, and be responsible for it, and i will do the same for my Sam.

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Timeline
in my opinion, God created these animals for my enjoyment,

:huh::huh::huh:

WOW! Don't even know what to say to that... :wacko:

And as to your other point...spaying/neutering doesn't make an animal fat, overfeeding them does! :blink:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

There are laws governing what you can and can't do to animals in some countries. In the UK for instance it is illegal to de-claw and de-bark cats and dogs. It is classed as animal cruelty and I strongly believe it it.

When a cat is de-clawed, it is not just a case of pulling the nail out, they actually remove the last joint of the digit, effectively removing the end of the finger.

My son, who works in a vets, was horrified when someone brought in two Rough Collies to have their vocal chords torn out! He could not believe that it was allowed in this country and he actually left his job because of it! Part of a dog's charachter is their bark, or their voice, and it is half the reason people get dogs - to bark when someone is approaching their property or entering their home. Why on earth would someone do this to an animal, I can't understand.

I do liken animals to children - although some people feel that pets are just disposable commodities. Do we remove or children's fingers when they touch something, or break something, they shouldn't? Do we have their vocal chords removed when they answer back?

To me, if you don't want the problems that may come with pets - don't have them!

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

There are laws governing what you can and can't do to animals in some countries. In the UK for instance it is illegal to de-claw and de-bark cats and dogs. It is classed as animal cruelty and I strongly believe it it.

When a cat is de-clawed, it is not just a case of pulling the nail out, they actually remove the last joint of the digit, effectively removing the end of the finger.

I must admit...I hadn't even heard of this before... :unsure: I was telling my SO about the time I had two cockatiels...and he asked me if I had gotton their wings clipped!! :o I was like 'Noooooooo...... :unsure: '

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You can de-bark a dog??? :o:o

.png

Our Second Anniversary

I want to succeed in America where, unlike Britain, they do not regard ambition as being the same as eating babies.

The National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do," but I think the gun helps, you know? I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it? You'd have to have a really dodgy heart to have that happen.

There's a huge hole in the whole Flood drama, because anything that could float or swim got away scot-free, and it was the idea to wipe out everything, He didn't say, "I will kill everything, except the floating ones and the swimming ones, who will get out due to a loophole."

Eddie Izzard

eddieizzard.jpgizzard.jpgizz.jpg115422114991504.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I know how you feel, I wouldn't have done it either. I like to see them flying around the house - my sister had a budgie which used to sit on the curtain rail in the evening and watch t.v.

But, apparently, clipping a wing is not painful to the bird, if done correctly - it is just snipping two feathers. It's like cutting your hair. It just stops the bird being able to fly any distance - they can still flap around the house a little, just not fly as well as it would with them.

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

Timeline
To me, if you don't want the problems that may come with pets - don't have them!

EXACTLY! :angry: Get a stuffed animal!

Otherwise.....SPAY/NEUTER! It's responsible! :luv:

Wing clipping is not cruel when done correctly. It IS akin to having a hair cut and does not completely take away flight; it just doesn't allow the bird to fly as high. AND, the feathers do grow back, just like hair, requiring occasional trimming. Many bird owners feel that clipping prevents their birds from not only smacking into windows or mirrors, but more importantly prevents escaping.

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

in my opinion, God created these animals for my enjoyment,

:huh::huh::huh:

WOW! Don't even know what to say to that... :wacko:

And as to your other point...spaying/neutering doesn't make an animal fat, overfeeding them does! :blink:

:thumbs:

my cats are all fixed, and all are a healthy weight...

polarcanada.gifCDA.gif married to a USA.gif