11 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I hope somebody can help me clarify something. We recieved an RFE last march,, we were able to reply and sent it back April 28,, however due to an error from the post office the reply reached uscis may8th. My question is. is it standard for everyone to be informed by USCIS that they have already received the documents? We tried calling and were informed to wait for 60 days? Is there something else we can do to know if they have received our documents,? They did not send out an email or text,, nor have they updates the site that they have receieved our reply... Upon calling and asking them about it the standard reply we get is to wait for 2 months,, we would just want to know if they recived it or not. Hope somebody can help me.Thank you

Edited by missynbubsy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Ummmm if it makes you feel better why not send in another copy of the RFE. Might cost you another 10 to 15 dollars, see if the status changes! Do you have proof from the postal service it was received. Because you do know you only have a certain amount of days to reply to it! Also I hope you made a exact copy of the RFE that you have replied! It will be something additional you will want to send to your fiance. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They do not send out acknowledgments. The only delivery proof you will have is the delivery confirmation that you get from the post office or FedEx/UPS.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

That's right they do not mail anything notifying that the RFE was received but they do update the system online to check status. I also received and RFE was received by uscis and updated following day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I got an RFE! I sent the package on May 25th with the tracking number i knew it was delivered on the 31st and USCIS updated my case yesterday :

When you enter you case number you should have this:

Request for Evidence Response Review

On (date), 2012, we received your response to our request for evidence. This case is being processed at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use the processing time information on our website to estimate when this case will be done. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Once a timely response to the request for evidence is received by USCIS, we review the evidence or information you submitted. If you submitted the requested evidence, we continue with the adjudication of your application or petition in light of the new evidence.

K1 timeline:

I-129F Sent: 01/28/2012

NOA1 Received: 02/06/2012

RFE: 05/16/2012

RFE Reply: 05/25/2012

RFE Response Review: 06/02/2012

NOA2: 06/19/2012

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I hope somebody can help me clarify something. We recieved an RFE last march,, we were able to reply and sent it back April 28,, however due to an error from the post office the reply reached uscis may8th. My question is. is it standard for everyone to be informed by USCIS that they have already received the documents? We tried calling and were informed to wait for 60 days? Is there something else we can do to know if they have received our documents,? They did not send out an email or text,, nor have they updates the site that they have receieved our reply... Upon calling and asking them about it the standard reply we get is to wait for 2 months,, we would just want to know if they recived it or not. Hope somebody can help me.Thank you

Hello, after i sent our REF to NVC thru FED EX on March 16, 2012 our 1-130 was approved after 6 days only . .

They do not send out acknowledgments. The only delivery proof you will have is the delivery confirmation that you get from the post office or FedEx/UPS.

When USCIS received my RFE response a couple weeks ago, I got an email and text message right away saying they'd received it and were reviewing my response.

But that's only because I'd signed up for case updates on the USCIS website.

Edited by Evylin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Best way to check is the CASE STATUS page of USCIS.

Just enter your receipt number and it should tell you when they received it.

I noticed you are VSC as well.

They are slow with RFEs, I been waiting for 42 days so far since they received my

RFE.

K1

12/08/11: NOA1

04/16/12: RFE Text/Email

04/18/12: RFE Hard Copy (forgot to answer yes/no to criminal background)

04/18/12: RFE Reply Sent

04/23/12: RFE Response Review

06/04/12: NOA2

06/29/12: NVC Received

07/03/12: NVC Left

07/09/12: Consulate Received

07/12/12: Packet 3 Received

07/30/12: Interview - Approved

08/11/12: POE - Approved

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I alway check the case status , I even subscribed to the updates,, and there has been no change yet,, my concern was the packet was not delivered properly,, but every time we call nobody can tell us if they received it or not. They always say that we have to wait for 60 days,, I'm not sure why do we have to wait for 60 days since if I wait that long and the mail was not delivered then I'd be in a big trouble because it would be way past time allowed for us to submit the evidence being requested. I'll try calling again later. I just don't know how to ask for a tier 2 supervisor,, I often see that term (tier 2) in here;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I alway check the case status , I even subscribed to the updates,, and there has been no change yet,, my concern was the packet was not delivered properly,, but every time we call nobody can tell us if they received it or not. They always say that we have to wait for 60 days,, I'm not sure why do we have to wait for 60 days since if I wait that long and the mail was not delivered then I'd be in a big trouble because it would be way past time allowed for us to submit the evidence being requested. I'll try calling again later. I just don't know how to ask for a tier 2 supervisor,, I often see that term (tier 2) in here;)

If they received it your case should of been updated to

"RFE Response Review" rather quick.

Mine was updated on the same day they received my RFE.

I noticed others taking couple of days for status update but not much longer than that.

You should of definitely been updated by now.

I sent in my RFE (and the original petition) through USPS certified mail with the receipt having the USCIS stamp on it.

This would give me proof that they received it.

Hope you get this resolved soon with positive results.

I know how stressful these things can be.

K1

12/08/11: NOA1

04/16/12: RFE Text/Email

04/18/12: RFE Hard Copy (forgot to answer yes/no to criminal background)

04/18/12: RFE Reply Sent

04/23/12: RFE Response Review

06/04/12: NOA2

06/29/12: NVC Received

07/03/12: NVC Left

07/09/12: Consulate Received

07/12/12: Packet 3 Received

07/30/12: Interview - Approved

08/11/12: POE - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.