vivianforest

Have K1 Visa, Daughter Changes Mind, Wants to Follow. K2 ???

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ members, we have a situation that we need advice on. We have applied for and have been approved for a K1 Fiancé Visa in April 2012 and she will be joining me in the US in the near future. My Fiancé has a daughter 19 years old that was listed in the petition I-129 and all the forms required for the Visa (DS-230, DS-156, DS 156K, I-134), but marked NO, she was not coming with her mother because she had another plan. The daughter is now thinking in following her mother to the US. The questions are;

1) Would this cause any problems with our K1 process??

2) Would she be able to come and what is the process??

3) If the answer is YES, does the daughter have to do an interview in addition to her forms?

-My fiancé DS 156K, 156 and 230 forms statement the child will “follow to join” to replace the previous ones we submitted?

-Another affidavit of support I-134 for her to replace the previous one including the name of the child in question 3 “name of children accompanying or following to join person”? OR A new one on her behalf stating, Fiancé Child in the space “Relationship to sponsor”?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The daughter can follow later, see the restrictions and change the petition.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ members, we have a situation that we need advice on. We have applied for and have been approved for a K1 Fiancé Visa in April 2012 and she will be joining me in the US in the near future. My Fiancé has a daughter 19 years old that was listed in the petition I-129 and all the forms required for the Visa (DS-230, DS-156, DS 156K, I-134), but marked NO, she was not coming with her mother because she had another plan. The daughter is now thinking in following her mother to the US. The questions are;

1) Would this cause any problems with our K1 process??

2) Would she be able to come and what is the process??

3) If the answer is YES, does the daughter have to do an interview in addition to her forms?

-My fiancé DS 156K, 156 and 230 forms statement the child will “follow to join” to replace the previous ones we submitted?

-Another affidavit of support I-134 for her to replace the previous one including the name of the child in question 3 “name of children accompanying or following to join person”? OR A new one on her behalf stating, Fiancé Child in the space “Relationship to sponsor”?

Thank you in advance for your help.

If your fiancee's visa has already been issued then you don't need to submit any new forms for her, and it won't affect her K1 at all. You'll need to submit forms for her daughter, though. A DS-156 and DS-230 part 1 are usually required, but some consulates have additional requirements. An updated affidavit of support will probably also be needed. You should contact the consulate about the exact process and what forms are required, as it varies from one consulate to another. You'll need to pay the same fees as you did for the K1, she'll need the same medical exam, and she will need to attend an interview.

Children are eligible for K2 derivative visas until they're 21 years old, but a K2 must enter the US before they're 21 in order to preserve their eligibility to adjust status. The K2 must be issued by the consulate within one year of the date the K1 was issued.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.