shure

Divorced american man now married to filipina

80 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Spouses do tend to come and go when you put others before them. Just an opinion, I'm not trying to offend, but offer another point of view. In my own view, making a great relationship with your spouse benefits your children. Going from spouse to spouse hurts your children, but so does staying in a bad relationship. My wife knows my wishes, she'll see my children are taken care of per my wishes if I should die. Even if they're not her children. I know this because I trust her and put her first.

Let me make it easier for you, the house is burning and you can save either your child or your spouse. Whom do you chose?

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Unreasonable question...but..the answer is obviously...both or die trying. :innocent:

The rescue would be attempted and based on a choice of strategy... not loyalty. Priority would be given to the one needing quickest response. :help:

My assumption would be...my wife must need 1st response bcoz as an adult, she should be able to save herself. Must be her situation is dire. My wife's inability to save herself would tell me she needs first response. Therefore, I would seek out my wife 1st. Then..if my wife is able..we would work together to rescue the child. I think a child (depending on age) would be less capable of survival but, I would not automatically assume the child is in a worse situation than my wife. I think the propensity for greater need leads to my wife. (and) Having her assistance would increase probability of rescuiing the child.

(or) At least we would all burn together and remain a family. :devil:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No, he is the husband waking up to make me breakfast, he does all the house chores and gives me pleasure. What sort of justification is that? You aren't some submissive 17th century wife, whose whole life revolves around cooking and chores and who expects to be valued because of what she does, not because of who she is.

And the beneficiary should always be the children, sorry.

I do understand why it is disrespectful to you, and I agree to a degree that he should alter his behaviour, but you need to learn to get your rights in a more efficient manner.

I am not divorced as well as my husband, so I am hoping to make sense. What efficient manner you wanted to suggest to the OP after she already talked to him about her feelings? As for beneficiary, yes, children should always be the priority but I believe that you need to consider your wife. When you get older and kids will have their independence, who's going to stay with you?... your spouse. He/She is there for you to remember your birthday even though your kids forget it, he/she is there to take care of you when your kids are too busy with their lives. We marry our spouses because we love and trust them, that's why we make them part of ourselves, as part of ourselves, you don't want to hurt them and we respect them. But if you marry your spouse with different agenda and it showed on how you deal with the marriage, then he/she have the right to react in a way to cope up with the situation, as he/she marries you for the reason of loving you.

We're not in the shoes of the OP, to just say, "Hey, this... and that.... what you need to do.." She's in the middle of uncertainties, she's not happy and scared to loss her marriage. I guess she tried to gather experiences from VJ members, to analyze her situation as well as to make sure that she's not trying to justify her behavior.

It is called decency. People that are on decent terms with ther exes are rare, and they shouldn't be given grief about it. You, on the other hand, sound awfully insecure.

I don't think OP giving grief on that. It's more the lack of respect for your spouse. Talking more than the concerns of their kids is not necessary esp. if your wife is around. Their only binding string is the kids, and that should be the boundary of the communication. I think "decent terms" is you talked civilized, negotiate for the greater good and act accordingly(which mean also, respect individual's partner).

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Let me make it easier for you, the house is burning and you can save either your child or your spouse. Whom do you chose?

Crashed~N2~Me answered pretty much how I would have answered. I would try to save all or die trying. I also would not leave my wife destitute dealing with debt I left behind because I'm more worried about my kids after I'm gone. I have an obligation and duty to my children to help them grow and stand on their own two feet. I have an obligation and duty to my wife to be there for her forever, even beyond my death. Are you going to hand a quarter million dollar life insurance policy to a six year old and leave your spouse struggling over debts you helped incur? That money would be wasted, in no time in the child's hands. Put it in my ex's hands and she'd find reasons ton convince herself things she wanted were in the interest of my kids. My wife after my death could pay off the debts and see to it the support I'm no longer there to pay is paid so her and my kids live's can continue without hardship. She could also hand out the money for their education in the manner I would have, had I still been around. Given even state law where I live states I must have her written permission to have an insurance beneficiary other than her, I'd say there is most likely a majority that agree with me. I trust my wife to do what is right in regards to my children if I were to die. We've actually discussed this topic, so she knows exactly how I would want things done. If she were to die, her family back in her home country would also not be forgotten. She trusts me to do what she would want done and I'd do it.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Absolutely. Only normal for one's wife to care for the children.... if..

P_P tend to pop onto the Philippine forum to stir things, must be bored in the Romania forum :blush:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Wow, completely disagree, children should always come first. Spouses may come and go, children are above them.

If someone has a life insurance policy, say a 250,000 dollar coverage. Why would you make the children the beneficiary of that money? Can a child invest that money to ensure that they will be taken care of for years to come? No they can't and they would'nt. However the spouse can. My wife is not even my beneficiary, my father is. He has reputable credit and is very wise in investing. He would invest that money so that my wife and children would receive money every month after i am gone. Its not that i don't trust my wife, its just that my father has much better chances of making that money grow. Donald Trump himself would tell you that, that advice is Money.

Spouses always come first in a marriage before children do. If you don't, then thats when spouses come and go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The answer to the OP's problems is to stop whining and become self-sufficient. Unfortunately, it seems obvious that her husband chose her because of her apparent neediness. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the woman. But if a woman wants to think like a modern, independent woman, she should be able to pull her weight in the relationship. That means doing things other than what men can do for themselves. Most men [hopefully] can take care of themselves. They know how to wash dishes, do laundry, cook their meals, etc. We can even get our "needs" satisfied. So you really need to have more to offer in this day and age. Otherwise, be prepared to settle and possibly take this kind of abuse.

For the record, every woman I've dated as an adult has been a Professional. All were Filipina, and their family values were still intact. Even my would-be Fiancee is a Licensed Midwife who rarely has time to chat, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My plan for her, if/when she comes here, is to study more and work hard so she can get as close to becoming an OB-GYN as she desires. That's my legacy to her; not an insurance policy. We'll both benefit because our goals will be more easily attainable if both of us are successful.

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

The answer to the OP's problems is to stop whining and become self-sufficient. Unfortunately, it seems obvious that her husband chose her because of her apparent neediness. Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the woman. But if a woman wants to think like a modern, independent woman, she should be able to pull her weight in the relationship. That means doing things other than what men can do for themselves. Most men [hopefully] can take care of themselves. They know how to wash dishes, do laundry, cook their meals, etc. We can even get our "needs" satisfied. So you really need to have more to offer in this day and age. Otherwise, be prepared to settle and possibly take this kind of abuse.

For the record, every woman I've dated as an adult has been a Professional. All were Filipina, and their family values were still intact. Even my would-be Fiancee is a Licensed Midwife who rarely has time to chat, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My plan for her, if/when she comes here, is to study more and work hard so she can get as close to becoming an OB-GYN as she desires. That's my legacy to her; not an insurance policy. We'll both benefit because our goals will be more easily attainable if both of us are successful.

Thats an awesome plan! :thumbs: I have had many of those in my years. But unfortunately life got in the way. I never planned on being a paramedic, but i did plan on becoming a Doctor once, until the reality of what it takes to become a Doctor got in the way. Full custody of two kids, working full time to support them. Success goes way beyond being good at your work and making lots of money. I have found success in the last few years doing what i am doing. House and cars paid off. Debt free. Wife and kids extremely happy. I have seen many people die doing what i do and i learned real quick that even an OB-GYN can be smoked in the blink of an eye in a vehicle driving down the road. Having an insurance policy is the responsible thing to have for your family if you are able to afford it.

Thats an awesome plan! :thumbs: I have had many of those in my years. But unfortunately life got in the way.

:lol::thumbs:

Thats an awesome plan! :thumbs: I have had many of those in my years. But unfortunately life got in the way.

:lol:

Life always seems to change the best of plans.

:lol:

Life always seems to change the best of plans.

I had a plan to be a Gastro Doctor, then all of the sudden my stomach starting hurtin bad. When it was over my dreams were flushed down to a watery abyss. My stomach felt better, and i haven't looked back since. LIFE!! :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Most women wanted to be self-sufficient. Yes, she should prepare herself to be able to protect herself on whatever outcome of her marriage. But being self-sufficient needs to have more support and luck in life. Moving in the different places without money or very little savings, with culture adjustment and familiarization and trying to adapt in new environment are not an easy task. Even though, for a professional person, moving here will return your accreditation to zero. You will start again from the bottom.

We can try to make ourselves self-sufficient as much as we wanted, but its a long way down the road.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.