talljohnm

Friends' AOS paperwork never sent

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Then he hedged on getting married until the 91st day. Then he did't make any attempt to do the AOS paperwork. Well the immigrant wife did the paperwork and he made out the check and said he mailed it. Well now it's been 5 months and we are sure he never sent anything.

What if he did mail everything? AOS processing takes a while in some cases; theirs might just be one of those. How can you and your wife be so sure he never sent anything? What do you base that assertion on? Even though the wife never told you her husband didn't mail the paperwork at all, you boldly come here and state you and your wife are sure he hasn't.

And once again, here's everyone already wrongly judging the husband and suggesting that the wife use the VAWA waiver to obtain her green card, based on a 3rd person's (OP) version of the situation. People, this is all HEARSAY! If the husband truly didn't, nor hasn't mailed the paperwork by now, he must have his reasons, valid or not. But since no one here knows for sure, including the OP, suggesting the use of the VAWA act is totally ridiculous and uncalled for!

Remember there are always two sides to every story.

If what you contend might be true, when the wife prepared a second set of AOS documents to mail, what reason would there be for the husband not to simply say, "there's no need to resubmit".

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
AOS Blackmail. You call this love?? I'd be out of there in a heartbeat.

I didn't call it love or anything else. We're just trying to help my wifes friend in Maine that also had her K-1 visa around the same time as ours.

Then he hedged on getting married until the 91st day. Then he did't make any attempt to do the AOS paperwork. Well the immigrant wife did the paperwork and he made out the check and said he mailed it. Well now it's been 5 months and we are sure he never sent anything.

What if he did mail everything? AOS processing takes a while in some cases; theirs might just be one of those. How can you and your wife be so sure he never sent anything? What do you base that assertion on? Even though the wife never told you her husband didn't mail the paperwork at all, you boldly come here and state you and your wife are sure he hasn't.

And once again, here's everyone already wrongly judging the husband and suggesting that the wife use the VAWA waiver to obtain her green card, based on a 3rd person's (OP) version of the situation. People, this is all HEARSAY! If the husband truly didn't, nor hasn't mailed the paperwork by now, he must have his reasons, valid or not. But since no one here knows for sure, including the OP, suggesting the use of the VAWA act is totally ridiculous and uncalled for!

Remember there are always two sides to every story.

If what you contend might be true, when the wife prepared a second set of AOS documents to mail, what reason would there be for the husband not to simply say, "there's no need to resubmit".

Exactly right. Now he says that he doesn't have the money. Well from what all of you have said. It appears that she won't be able to stay because she has no money to file for anything on her own and me and my wife don't have the money to give or loan her. It's a real sad situation.

9/04- Met online and fell in love

1/05-Went to Romania to meet the woman of my dreams

2/7/05- Sent I-129f in mail

2/05- NOA1 received in mail

THE LONG WAIT BEGINS

4/7/05 Email notice of NOA2

4/27/05 issues new case number.

5/10/05 Interview date set for June 1. I'm so happy.

6/1/05 Approved

6/6/05 Arrived in USA

6/16/05 Married

7/3/05 I-485 sent off.

10/18/05 Had to apply for temp card and recieved it

11/22/05 Fingerprints for I-485 taken. EAD approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

There is a way to set up some kind of payment scheme if you can't afford to file, but I don't know much about it.

I remember there being a thread about it not too long ago, and JayJay had some very useful information. You might want to PM or email her.

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
There is a way to set up some kind of payment scheme if you can't afford to file, but I don't know much about it.

I remember there being a thread about it not too long ago, and JayJay had some very useful information. You might want to PM or email her.

:star:

Turns out that they did marry within the 90 days. She misunderstood that the 90 days starts once she arrives in the U.S. Now she just needs to send the AOS paperwork with payment even though it's several months late?

9/04- Met online and fell in love

1/05-Went to Romania to meet the woman of my dreams

2/7/05- Sent I-129f in mail

2/05- NOA1 received in mail

THE LONG WAIT BEGINS

4/7/05 Email notice of NOA2

4/27/05 issues new case number.

5/10/05 Interview date set for June 1. I'm so happy.

6/1/05 Approved

6/6/05 Arrived in USA

6/16/05 Married

7/3/05 I-485 sent off.

10/18/05 Had to apply for temp card and recieved it

11/22/05 Fingerprints for I-485 taken. EAD approved.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep.. i filed late (didn't have the cash at the time) and so far so good.. Haven't been approved yet but they haven't come to run me out of the US yet either.. So she just needs to get it all sent out... hope everything works out!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

This is terrible. So does he still treat her nicely, but says that he simply doesn't have the money or is he mistreating her? If he's abusive, then I'm sure that there are organizations that would help. I've heard of cases where the women had been brought in from another country and then abused, and through the help of lawyers and people who supported and sponsored them, they were able to get away from the men and stay in the country. I don't know the details though and also I don't know if you have to be from a certain type of countries in order for that to take place.

Love is patient

05/01 - Engagement

10/20 - I-129f sent to TSC

10/24 - NOA1

04/09 - NOA2

04/22 - NVC sent petition to Bucharest

07/20 - interview - APPROVED!

08/13 - flight to RDU

09/18 - Wedding

09/30 - SSN with married name

10/01 - sent in AOS to Charlotte

10/13 - NOA - AOS & EAD

10/20 - Bio

12/02 - received EAD

08/18 - e-filed EAD renewal

10/13 - FP

10/24 - interview letter

11/02 - EAD recieved

12/13 - AOS interview

12/19 - Green Card received

09/14 - I-751 sent to TSC

09/18 - received

10/16 - Check cashed. Transf. to CSC

10/17 - NOA received

12/15 - biometrics

01/25 - permanent Green Card approved

09/16 - N-400 sent to TSC

09/19 - received

09/22 - check cashed

09/23 - NOA

10/23 - Biometrics

11/22 - Interview letter received

01/26 - Interview - PASSED!

03/13 - Oath

foxfoxard20071112_-5_Alexa%20Helen%20is.png

• 2 years later...
Anybody know the law here and what she can do?

She should go home if she's so unhappy. But she probably wouldn't be willing to do that if she married him just to get a greencard.

Filed: Timeline
Anybody know the law here and what she can do?

She should go home if she's so unhappy. But she probably wouldn't be willing to do that if she married him just to get a greencard.

This is a very old post. 3 years have passed since this was posted. I would think the situation has resolved its self one way or the other by now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.