Hy Vong

What Is The Percentage of K-1 Visa Denial In Vietnam

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I applied for the I-129F application to petition my fiancee in Vietnam in March 2012 and I received the NOA1 a week later. Since then I sign on to the uscis.gov website to check for my application status everyday but so far nothing is done to my application. I mailed with my application around 50 pictures of us met many times within my two trips back to Vietnam in the last 2 years and all the phone bills, letters,...airline tickets .....

We love each other so much and I don't know how I would live without her if they deny our application. I do research online and read many info of the K-1 Visa on the Vietnamese forums, some websites.... and many of these websites say that the chance to pass the interview is very small, the consulate officials would mostly deny any K-1 Visa application. I am so worried, I am so worried. Would you please provide any official info of the denial rate for the K-1 Visa in Vietnam for me to know. For example, out of 10 applications, how many would pass the interview and how many would fail?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

if you filed your i-129f petition right and correct,they will approve it.you don't have to send airline's and phone bill with the form i-129f,only pictures of you both,

keep in mind at the interview in Vietnam they going to ask you for evidence for an going relationship.as letters,phone bills.chat messages on face book or skype.try to send her a gift during the process.and money transfer will be Good too.and yr fiancee has to know a lot about you.how long you been in america.what kind of work you do.how much you make.yr family's names.in what state you live.and city,and lots more.

if you guys did all that.then you dont have to be worried.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

if you filed your i-129f petition right and correct,they will approve it.you don't have to send airline's and phone bill with the form i-129f,only pictures of you both,

keep in mind at the interview in Vietnam they going to ask you for evidence for an going relationship.as letters,phone bills.chat messages on face book or skype.try to send her a gift during the process.and money transfer will be Good too.and yr fiancee has to know a lot about you.how long you been in america.what kind of work you do.how much you make.yr family's names.in what state you live.and city,and lots more.

if you guys did all that.then you dont have to be worried.

Really? I believe airline tickets are considered primary evidence of traveling to and being in the country with the fiancée. Photos are secondary evidence and do not prove you were together at any stated time. You definitely want the airline boarding passes as evidence. Also money transfers can be misconstrued by the CO and work against you so I'm not so sure that's evidence that I'd want to provide.

K-1

04/06/2012: NOA 1
08/13/2012: RFE Notice
09/21/2012: RFE Response Receipt
09/27/2012: NOA 2
10/17/2012: Embassy Received
12/31/2012: Packet 3 Returned
01/31/2013: Interview - Approved
02/07/2013: Visa Received
03/07/2013: POE - LAX

05/03/2013: Married

AOS; EAD; AP

06/03/2013: AOS - NOA 1

06/05/2013: EAD - NOA 1

06/05/2013: AP - NOA 1

06/27/2013: Biometrics

08/03/2013: EAD & AP Approved (Card received 18/12/2013)

08/21/2013: AOS Interview / I-485 Held for Further Review

08/27/2013: AOS Approval Notice

09/06/2013: Green Card Arrival

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Really? I believe airline tickets are considered primary evidence of traveling to and being in the country with the fiancée. Photos are secondary evidence and do not prove you were together at any stated time. You definitely want the airline boarding passes as evidence. Also money transfers can be misconstrued by the CO and work against you so I'm not so sure that's evidence that I'd want to provide.

the airline's ticket is needed at the interview in Vietnam,I did not send any of these with my petition and i just got approved.only picture's.and that's right picture's did not approve when it was taking.but it show's ongoing relationship,the money transfer wont misconstrued any one.you got this one wrong.lot's of people said the same tho.but its wrong it wont misconstrued any buddy.but it well help.

Timeline

Hi everyone,

I applied for the I-129F application to petition my fiancee in Vietnam in March 2012 and I received the NOA1 a week later. Since then I sign on to the uscis.gov website to check for my application status everyday but so far nothing is done to my application. I mailed with my application around 50 pictures of us met many times within my two trips back to Vietnam in the last 2 years and all the phone bills, letters,...airline tickets .....

We love each other so much and I don't know how I would live without her if they deny our application. I do research online and read many info of the K-1 Visa on the Vietnamese forums, some websites.... and many of these websites say that the chance to pass the interview is very small, the consulate officials would mostly deny any K-1 Visa application. I am so worried, I am so worried. Would you please provide any official info of the denial rate for the K-1 Visa in Vietnam for me to know. For example, out of 10 applications, how many would pass the interview and how many would fail?

Thanks

Howdy and welcome to the Vietnam regional area of the site. Please listen to the advice of other Vietnam members here as we all have been through the process already with this specific consulate.

You are at the very beginning of the visa process. The application you sent can take many months to get the NOA2 but once it does get approval it is sent to the specific country and things can move fast at that point. I suggest that you read all the guides and also to peruse this regional forum for more specific info. Have any questions then please ask.

As for the denial rate we have no idea what the official rate is as I have never seen this info but all I can say is that the rate of a complete denial is low. The other sites you probably visited are probably just scaring everyone because they want you to pay for their services. There is no way to predict if you will get a visa or not but there are ways to help ensure a positive outcome. The number one is to be prepared for the interview upcoming. Making sure that you gather all documents they will request.

This is easy to say but hard to do but try and stay focused on the larger goal here. No need to worry about things that could happen. Again welcome to the forum and good luck and God bless.

Edited by luckytxn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I've heard lawyers throw around the figure of 50% are denied at the first interview in HCMC.

Your chances of success improved substantially when you found this site. Read and pay attention.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Based on what I have read here, almost all get approved eventually. Most of the ones that get denied and never get approved later have very iffy stories. Even the number that get denied in the first interview doesn't seem that high, and most get approved later anyway. Of course, you need to fully prepare for the interview.

Timeline

having found this site, your chance of successfully bringing your fiance over improved drastically...but that also exposes you to the chance of her leaving you once she comes over. you take the good with the bad :)

honestly i read more stories on here of the vn girl pulling something funny after coming over than the embassy outright denying someone.

Edited by quann

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

VJ member stats over the past few years and these are only reported results of VJ members...

% approved 85%

% denied 15%

this is first application...

#'s improve on refiled cases...

much improvement over the past few years.. could be a result of petitioners being better prepared or the fact that they are allowing USC's inside now and are more thorough at the first interview...

As was said.. VN specific responses are going to be more accurate.. Frontloading the petition has been said to increase the odds in HCMC...

having found this site, your chance of successfully bringing your fiance over improved drastically...but that also exposes you to the chance of her leaving you once she comes over. you take the good with the bad :)

honestly i read more stories on here of the vn girl pulling something funny after coming over than the embassy outright denying someone.

Would be nice to have stats on how many VN VJ members made it 1 year, 2 years, etc... I know a bunch that are no longer together...:wacko:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Would be nice to have stats on how many VN VJ members made it 1 year, 2 years, etc... I know a bunch that are no longer together...:wacko:

could be by design. i'm sure people who wants to cheat the system also come here to ask for advices, just like the honest folks.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

Quann. Personally you are excellent at answering questions here and very knowledgeable. You are a great asset to this forum but this did not have to veer off on this tanget. It is a ####### shoot on any relationship and even if you get involved to a babe here.

Thanks for all you do here for us on this forum.

Timeline

As hard as it is not to worry, it will happen because we are human. It should take 3 or more months before you get the NOA2 from the uscis. There is really no way to be 100% sure about this but the best way to stay updated on what is happing at the uscis in terms of backlogs and processing times is to go to the main K1 case status forums and become aquainted with some of the members there...since they are going theough the same thing as you.

This is easier said than done but please do not focus on the negative things like the % of visa denials. You will make yourself go crazy. The best thing to do is to relax and remain patient. Try to find a hobby like taking an art class or going back to school...like I did. While waiting for the noa2 keep your mind focused on other things. I waited 5 months for my noa2. On top of that, my wife and i spent 8+ months after the interview waiting for our case to be investigated and processed.

Finding this website gives you a big advantage. Take some time to read the forums and information on cases from the past to get more comfortable. And finally if you have questions please do not be afraid to ask. We are committed to helping each other and the members on this forum are very good at that. Good luck!

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Timeline

yea sorry i did go off-topic. it's the personal bias in me living in the middle of little saigon here in socal and having witness first-hand to so many of these scams.

Yes I know and understand now. I used to be so naive and thought this happened so little but have learned a lot from this site from others. You do help out so much and really appreciate that. Again thanks for staying and helping.

Filed: Timeline

You shouldn't worry about passing the interview at the US Consulate in Saigon. IMHO, that stage of your relationship is the EASIEST part of your love journey!!!!!!Once she's over here in the States with you, things get more, way more, interesting and difficult. You'll get to know her "real" face/behavior, often AFTER she's got her perm 10-year GC.

She's got time to know the reality of living in the States, working all the times, long hours and be responsible. It's not just taking easy and going to places for fun anymore (like the way it used to be in Vietnam).

That's when the 2 classes of wives will emerge. One that will be willing to join you in building up the family's networth together. And the other, those who insist on going back to VN so often that her spending habit will start to impact the family's budget.

But you would NEVER believe me anyway. Go on with your journey and explore for yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.