Hy Vong

What Is The Percentage of K-1 Visa Denial In Vietnam

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Today is the 81st day since I sent the I-129F. I am counting day by day.

I am going to spend the next 1 month studying the questions and share these questions and answers with my financee.

My plan is once I received NOA2, I will take a 2 weeks trip to Vietnam to see her and to have the engagement ceremony between our families.

This journey, after 81 days of the I-129F and after over 2 years of the relationship, I feel it means so much to me, the journey to a family that will last a lifetime.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Use the questions as topics of discussion so she knows about you rather than just knowing specific responses...:thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Today is the 81st day since I sent the I-129F. I am counting day by day.

I am going to spend the next 1 month studying the questions and share these questions and answers with my financee.

My plan is once I received NOA2, I will take a 2 weeks trip to Vietnam to see her and to have the engagement ceremony between our families.

This journey, after 81 days of the I-129F and after over 2 years of the relationship, I feel it means so much to me, the journey to a family that will last a lifetime.

your journey sounds alot more like labor than love. don't be bound by uscis scheduling. why do you have to wait until the noa2 for the engagement ceremony? if you wait until you have the noa2 in hand to go back, that most likely mean you won't be able to be there in person for the interview...which is the most important thing right now.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Don't obsess over the questions. Just be sure that your fiancee is comfortable with telling your story. The interview is stressful enough already. It's not really something that a person can study for. Being relaxed and confident is far more important.

Go ahead and plan the engagement ceremony now. That way you will have plenty of time to enjoy it.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I applied for the I-129F application to petition my fiancee in Vietnam in March 2012 and I received the NOA1 a week later. Since then I sign on to the uscis.gov website to check for my application status everyday but so far nothing is done to my application. I mailed with my application around 50 pictures of us met many times within my two trips back to Vietnam in the last 2 years and all the phone bills, letters,...airline tickets .....

We love each other so much and I don't know how I would live without her if they deny our application. I do research online and read many info of the K-1 Visa on the Vietnamese forums, some websites.... and many of these websites say that the chance to pass the interview is very small, the consulate officials would mostly deny any K-1 Visa application. I am so worried, I am so worried. Would you please provide any official info of the denial rate for the K-1 Visa in Vietnam for me to know. For example, out of 10 applications, how many would pass the interview and how many would fail?

Thanks

I would say 8-9 out of 10 gets denied first time around. Most gets green 221g requesting more info. I've seen a few gets white and told petition will be sent back to USCIS. This is from personal observations from HCMC consulate while my wife was going through the K-1 and IR-1 process.

Be prepare for a long and lengthy process. HCMC consulate is one of the busiest and most difficult consulate for visa interview.

You visited Vietnam twice in two years. How long did you stay and how much time did you guys spent together? The longer you guys knows each other, the better her chance of getting approve. Not sure if "meeting many times within my two trips back to Vietnam." will cut it with the C.O.

Photos, phone bills, letters, airline tickets, etc, etc... are fine as evidence but they don't actually prove your relationship. C.O. will examine evidence in conjunction with interview to make a decision. Your fiancee has to be able to prove relationship is real by a reasonable person standard to the C.O. If she can do this first time around, she will get pink (approval). If she fails to do this, she will most likely be deny with 221g requesting for more information or evidence. Hopefully, she won't get white.

The only thing I can say about this process is, it might take a long time. But if you don't give up, eventually you'll get her here.

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

RE: % of K-1 visas being denied, or RFE's, etc.,

Greetings,

I responded to a topic that I had read a few days ago. That topic had no energy to it's cause since I believe, 2006? This one 2012?

Better to ask again, we are in need of current answers to better participate, I would like to offer this as a "2nd motion" to follow:

One of our participants rightfully stated to not focus on the negative, Do not obsess over the process. My fiancé and I believe it is a process with well intentioned checks and balances required by our U.S. government.

Where one takes the time to read through the history, it is not so ominous:

https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM050207.html#M502_7_5

this what we are all hoping to be successful at complying with.

I believe it is important to continue these discussions into current timelines. Issues are still present.

yep, we are newbies here, not wanting to become permanent fixtures, except to help others along this path.

One person stated that ~ 8-9 of 10 get denied first time around? uhm? really? Another stated some other issues regarding what to put in our package, bring with us.

So, we absorb everything. good information, misinformation, questions: asked/answered, etc.

My fiancé and I base our outlook on our strength of relationship. While working our way together through this maze, ...we are getting internal reminders of how committed we to each other, to not worrying,

except to do everything correctly the first time.

Our confidence and commitment together will be something we will look back upon as; ..."geez, remember when we went through that K-1 thingy, wow, was that a sure a test for us." ...yep, ...sure was."

We are thankful for this forum. Courteous directed questions, answers, mutual support, loving kindness' compassion for shared experiences, and hopefulness of outcomes that will

bring our lives to bear on the everyday commitments of living out a reasonably happy life together.

So, yes ..our participation as a group of people who are experiencing some angst, confusions, who need some additional guidance, and for goodness sake, ...some emotional support, , why not renew the topic, please join us where you have read my post, anyone else currently wanting to know what is happening in HCMC Consulate? also anyone have some more additional experiences we may review?

..with the likes of us 21 century couples who also by default will be legal thankful immigrants? (as were my ancestors)

Blessings,

KimMerrell

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.