Hy Vong

What Is The Percentage of K-1 Visa Denial In Vietnam

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

yea sorry i did go off-topic. it's the personal bias in me living in the middle of little saigon here in socal and having witness first-hand to so many of these scams.

Even though there are a lot of scams, there are always things you can do to reduce the risk. I see people rushing to file after just meeting for a few months. More often than not, this is an emotional thing and not necessarily a rational thing. Take time, you are committing your life to be with someone.

I also think that people should bring a parent, or trusted family member or friend, preferably someone who speaks Vietnamese. And bring them early, before any serious discussion of marriage comes up. A different perspective can make a big difference.

I realize that you want to spend every minute of time alone with her, but go talk to her family and friends, you can find out a lot about someone by who they associate themselves with.

Obviously, doing your due diligence still might not be enough, but it would reduce the risk.

If you see small signs, don't just dismiss them but investigate further. Most of these really apply to any relationship. The thing is, when one party has a lot more to offer, the chances of being scammed goes up, same with a really rich person. There is something tangible that one person really wants but it would be extremely hard to get on their own. Some of those folks have the ends justify the means mentality.

Timeline

You shouldn't worry about passing the interview at the US Consulate in Saigon. IMHO, that stage of your relationship is the EASIEST part of your love journey!!!!!!Once she's over here in the States with you, things get more, way more, interesting and difficult. You'll get to know her "real" face/behavior, often AFTER she's got her perm 10-year GC.

She's got time to know the reality of living in the States, working all the times, long hours and be responsible. It's not just taking easy and going to places for fun anymore (like the way it used to be in Vietnam).

That's when the 2 classes of wives will emerge. One that will be willing to join you in building up the family's networth together. And the other, those who insist on going back to VN so often that her spending habit will start to impact the family's budget.

But you would NEVER believe me anyway. Go on with your journey and explore for yourself.

I believe you. I do understand that there are ones that have different expectations. Sometimes one will learn the true face of someone after years. I just didn't think it was needed to bring up in this thread yet or any thread unless it is needed. I also know that eventually there will be a thread that we can bring this up in and even discuss this more fully. Y'alls advice and knowledge is excellent and needed here. I would like to thank everyone that does help out here.

Timeline

Even though there are a lot of scams, there are always things you can do to reduce the risk. I see people rushing to file after just meeting for a few months. More often than not, this is an emotional thing and not necessarily a rational thing. Take time, you are committing your life to be with someone.

I also think that people should bring a parent, or trusted family member or friend, preferably someone who speaks Vietnamese. And bring them early, before any serious discussion of marriage comes up. A different perspective can make a big difference.

I realize that you want to spend every minute of time alone with her, but go talk to her family and friends, you can find out a lot about someone by who they associate themselves with.

Obviously, doing your due diligence still might not be enough, but it would reduce the risk.

If you see small signs, don't just dismiss them but investigate further. Most of these really apply to any relationship. The thing is, when one party has a lot more to offer, the chances of being scammed goes up, same with a really rich person. There is something tangible that one person really wants but it would be extremely hard to get on their own. Some of those folks have the ends justify the means mentality.

Very well said. I am lucky and know it. I actually went into this with low expectations. I was older a bit and been always used to further other ladies goals and when they reach them to be discarded. This was my fault though as I allowed it. Everything seemed to be too good this time around. I am still skeptical but less so now. I can't understand why we get along so well with our culture and age differences. My heart sinks when I hear the bad stories. I pray at least weekly for my fellow VJ'ers. Daily for the ones having a hard time. God bless everyone.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I see people rushing to file after just meeting for a few months. More often than not, this is an emotional thing and not necessarily a rational thing. Take time, you are committing your life to be with someone.

That is what I told a good friend of mine who met a girl when he went back to VN last summer. As soon as he returned to the US, he filed a K1 petition. They didn't have much when it came to supporting evidence, since they had just met. They went through all the usual steps, NOA1, NOA2, medical exam, police records, etc to prepare for the interview. I was pretty sure it was a shipwreck waiting to happen.

Guess what... She had her interview last week, and passed! She is waiting for her visa to show up in the mail. I am stunned (in a good way) and am happy for them.

Filing for a K1 so quickly after meeting one another, with little supporting evidence, usually results in a denial. My friend's case must be the exception that confirms the rule.

Edited by phil09

That is what I told a good friend of mine who met a girl when he went back to VN last summer. As soon as he returned to the US, he filed a K1 petition. They didn't have much when it came to supporting evidence, since they had just met. They went through all the usual steps, NOA1, NOA2, medical exam, police records, etc to prepare for the interview. I was pretty sure it was a shipwreck waiting to happen.

Guess what... She had her interview last week, and passed! She is waiting for her visa to show up in the mail. I am stunned (in a good way) and am happy for them.

Filing for a K1 so quickly after meeting one another, with little supporting evidence, usually results in a denial. My friend's case must be the exception that confirms the rule.

Yes, you can be approved with one visit, though it is highly unlikely. Luckytxn was approved with one I believe. But beyond getting the visa approved, the other reason for more than one visit is to see if you are really compatible, and if there are any issues. Usually, the first visit is when the love bug really hits. After a few visits and some time, hopefully you will move to less of the lovey dovey and more to understanding each other, because this is the real reason for marriage success, not the initial love at first sight.

On top of that, you now have to worry about whether or not it is a scam. Granted, no matter what you do, you can not be 100% sure, but you should do your due diligence.

Passing the interview and be able to get the Visa isn't everything in the marriage. As matter of fact, it is the EASIEST (I already said this earlier in this thread) part of anyone's marriage. Only the scammers would care how "soon" or "easy" the interview process gonna be. Their utmost priority is to get to the States as quickly as possible, for whatever purpose. They'd be careless how the marriage process will turn out afterwards.

That's why I said in my earlier reply in this thread "Spend time now and investigate your loved one. By the time she gets here in the States, it might be too late to do your "investigation" and change your mind, if you choose to do so."

But again, scammers would be careless about these types of advices. Making other people happy, besides themselves, is NOT their objective.

PS> My wife NEVER asked me these types of questions prior to her arrival in the States" Honey, what would we do if I fail the interview?".........................because she knew what I would do if that happened. Only scammers would NOT know what to do. And frankly, nobody but the US Consulate in Saigon knows the exact number/answer to the OP's question. Last but not least, past statistics mean NOTHING to the OP's case.

EACH CASE at the Us Consulate in Saigon IS UNIQUE. Everyone here on VJ already knew that.

Edited by Dai Gia

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

:ot2:

The OP asked for stats and got them... no need to discuss the validity of his relationship... please stay on topic...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you very much everyone. Reading your responses make me feel better, you guys are very helpful. I read on the Vietnamese websites, they said it's better to go with the Husband and Wife instead of K-1 Visa but it seems many of you here chose or going with the K-1 Visa. I'll continue to wait and will probably continue to check my case status on the USCIS website each day. I will also continue to read many of the useful info provided by this website on the successful cases.

How come the feeling of waiting for the NOA2 is so important to me these days. Everyday either on the computer or with my iphone in bed I would go to USCIS website to check.

Timeline

dont dwell on it.. it will consume you if you let it.... :thumbs:

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i read some of the frontpage threads in other regions...and honestly i don't know why people are so happy about receiving the NOA2, that should be a piece of cake and the easiest part right? i never thought for a second my case wouldn't make it to vietnam.

you don't have to check USCIS every day. just sign up for text or email notification, wait about 5 months and it'll come. save the "checking every day" for NOA3 and interview date.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Timeline

Thank you very much everyone. Reading your responses make me feel better, you guys are very helpful. I read on the Vietnamese websites, they said it's better to go with the Husband and Wife instead of K-1 Visa but it seems many of you here chose or going with the K-1 Visa. I'll continue to wait and will probably continue to check my case status on the USCIS website each day. I will also continue to read many of the useful info provided by this website on the successful cases.

How come the feeling of waiting for the NOA2 is so important to me these days. Everyday either on the computer or with my iphone in bed I would go to USCIS website to check.

I did the same thing. We probably all did. It won't get any easier as time goes on though. This is the time to really get to know one another and ready for that interview. We are here for you if you have any questions.

i read some of the frontpage threads in other regions...and honestly i don't know why people are so happy about receiving the NOA2, that should be a piece of cake and the easiest part right? i never thought for a second my case wouldn't make it to vietnam.

you don't have to check USCIS every day. just sign up for text or email notification, wait about 5 months and it'll come. save the "checking every day" for NOA3 and interview date.

Easier said then done.star_smile.gif

Timeline

Send me a PM with your email and I will send you a list of the 200 or so questions that she needs to know.. actually if you are going to be there you both need to know them...:thumbs:

Timeline

Send me a PM with your email and I will send you a list of the 200 or so questions that she needs to know.. actually if you are going to be there you both need to know them...:thumbs:

Hi ScottThuy, please check your pm. I am sure the questions that you'll provide will greatly help me and my fiancee in preparing for the interview.

Thanks

Timeline

It's been 2.5 months since the first NO1 was received. Each day and everyday, I check on the USCIS website at least 3 times to see if they have updated or if they looked at my case but the last date 03/17/12 is still there, they haven't even looked at my application :-(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

checking every day now until month 5 is a waste of time, because there will be no update. it takes around 5 mos for NOA2. just sign up for text/email notification. that will be the best text you will receive in awhile. the whole process takes around 8 months from date of petition to interview day in VN (barring no delay).

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.