LexandAra

establish credit for new comers to USA

18 posts in this topic

Get your fiancee a social security number and figure out what legal name she will have after you marry.

Then call customer service on your oldest card and add her as an authorized user.

Like magic your fiancee will have a long history of on-time payments dating back to the first month you opened that card.

My wife's credit traces back to late 2007 even though she had NO CREDIT in 2009.

My brother's credit goes back to the mid 80s even though he was only 5 years old in 1990!

They closed this loophole.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I tried Kohls but with no credit history they wouldn't permit. My husband doesn't believe in CC's so he's never had one and so there was no piggy backing for me.

Electric bills etc aren't worth anything. Some companies maybe. phone bills maybe but it meant starting a new contract. I personally recommend this card: http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/mastercard-secured-credit-card/r/?linkid=WWW_1010_CARD_TGUNS11_CCBRWPOP_C3_36_T_CP35616RW it's cheap (in the grand scheme) and in no time she'll have a good score and can start getting other cards like a Kohls or Walmart store card to help build even more. I've considered getting a kohl's card now my score is higher because they use household income and not individual (good for house wives :D).

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

They closed this loophole.

No they didn't. I thought they did too but a post in the last couple of weeks show they never actually made this a rule (they were discussing it) because it wasn't fair to house wives, or kids starting out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.