OJSub

Should I take K-1 application forms while visiting my finacee?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Hi, sorry to be such a noob, but I just stumbled across this very helpful site a couple of days ago. I will be visiting my fiancee in China in about a week and a half, flying out May 26th. Short notice for a forum question, I know, but we would like to get the K-1 visa process started and I was wondering if I should take any of the forms with me to be filled out during our time together. I was thinking that any of the forms that required her signature would be easier to do in person and bring back when I return, rather than waiting for international mail. I know the G-325A and the letter of intent both require her signature. I thought I'd get the passport photo of her as well. Are there any other forms that would be good to fill out during the trip? Also, is the wording in the example letter of intent provided on this site enough, or should it be personalized a bit more? I was considering consulting a visa service, such as RapidVisa, but many members of this site recommend the help of fellow forum members instead. Any advice would be much appreciated as I am just getting into all of the paperwork and am feeling a little overwhelmed.

many thanks,

Jesse

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, sorry to be such a noob, but I just stumbled across this very helpful site a couple of days ago. I will be visiting my fiancee in China in about a week and a half, flying out May 26th. Short notice for a forum question, I know, but we would like to get the K-1 visa process started and I was wondering if I should take any of the forms with me to be filled out during our time together. I was thinking that any of the forms that required her signature would be easier to do in person and bring back when I return, rather than waiting for international mail. I know the G-325A and the letter of intent both require her signature. I thought I'd get the passport photo of her as well. Are there any other forms that would be good to fill out during the trip? Also, is the wording in the example letter of intent provided on this site enough, or should it be personalized a bit more? I was considering consulting a visa service, such as RapidVisa, but many members of this site recommend the help of fellow forum members instead. Any advice would be much appreciated as I am just getting into all of the paperwork and am feeling a little overwhelmed.

many thanks,

Jesse

We used the sample letters here exactly as presented, added our names and the correct date of course. Have her sign a couple of them just in case.

In addition to filling out a G-325 bring a few extra, signed, blank forms for her to sign. I actually had Alla sign the forms and we later added the information over the phone when I got back. We had better things to do when we were together. :P

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

many thanks,

Jesse

You are all set with the 325, letter, and passport photos... Copy of Divorce certificate if applicable. Save your Boarding passes for evidence. Get her started on passport, vaccine records, birth cirtificate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Take lots of couple/family photos. Have a great time. :dance:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

It is recommended that you make two complete sets of copies for everything you send. I would do everything in triplicate all with original signatures so you'll have two copies after you send the petition in. That way you'll have one for her and one for yourself. That's what we did. Plus you'll have a set ready to send them if yours gets lost. We filled out everything that was needed while in China so there was no uncertainty or doubt in either of our minds. Remember, one step at a time and it won't seem so daunting. Good Luck!

K-1

04/06/2012: NOA 1
08/13/2012: RFE Notice
09/21/2012: RFE Response Receipt
09/27/2012: NOA 2
10/17/2012: Embassy Received
12/31/2012: Packet 3 Returned
01/31/2013: Interview - Approved
02/07/2013: Visa Received
03/07/2013: POE - LAX

05/03/2013: Married

AOS; EAD; AP

06/03/2013: AOS - NOA 1

06/05/2013: EAD - NOA 1

06/05/2013: AP - NOA 1

06/27/2013: Biometrics

08/03/2013: EAD & AP Approved (Card received 18/12/2013)

08/21/2013: AOS Interview / I-485 Held for Further Review

08/27/2013: AOS Approval Notice

09/06/2013: Green Card Arrival

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Completely agree with Sanyata. Take three copies of the !-129F, and the G325 that will be about her, for her to sign. Also, as I'm sure you noticed, there are small parts of each of those forms that she will need to write the answers also in Chinese (native language)! Best Wishes, I have visited my fiancee in China three times now. We are waiting for her interview appointment, but just checking hypothetical flight dates in late July and in August (when the interview will probably be set), I noticed the same thing that someone recently commented on - flight fees are much higher now!

event.pngJoanna (Ying) is from Zhu Hai, China
Met online June 2011,
First visit August 2011 for two weeks,
Second visit November 2011 for one week,
Sent I-129F in Dec 2011,
12-22-2011 - NOA1 Received
Third visit April 2012 for two weeks (met all her family! Lots of "Ganbei!!!" (cheers) with her brothers with 100 proof - whew!))
05-09-2012 - NOA2 Received
05-09-2012 - ???? - CSC accidentally sends approved NOA2 to a storage facility, then has to retrieve it - Auuggghh!!
07-02-2012 - NVC Received
07-26-2012 - Packet 3 returned
07-27-2012 - Packet 3 received (yes- one day after she already sent it in- mini short-cut)
08-09-2012 - Packet 4 e-mail received
09-04-2012 - Interview
09-19-2012 - Received Visa
09-28-2012 - Ying's POE date (Chicago O'Hare)
10-27-2012 - Married!!!
11-20-2012 - AOS forms sent to USCIS

12-26-2012 - Biometrics Appointment

02-10-2013 - Ying gets I-512 Combo work authorization and travel authorization advanced parole card

06-23-2013 - Ying returns to China to assist with completing son's K2 Visa

07-10-2013 - Ying's son, Zongyang, passes K2 Visa interview in Guangzhou

07-29-2013 - Ying's I-485 AOS is approved

08-03-2013 - Ying's 2 year green card arrives in mail (she's still in China with son)

08-08-2013 - Ying and Zongyang enter US, HK to Toronto to O'Hare

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Unless you write Hanyu ci, you will need your fiancee to sign her name on your visa application. Also, more important than forms is "evidence of relationship." So, you will want to not only get plenty of photographs, but you will want photographs together with time/date stamp. I took a Beijing tour with my fiancee, and this was provided for us. Many computers in China lack Adobe document reader, so you may wish to install an Adobe file on a flash drive so that you can plug it into another computer or printer in order to print out your documents in duplicate or triplicate as was recommended. Highly agree with the extra copies. I would recommend that you provide your fiancee with a signed letter of intent, copies of your last three years tax statements, birth certificate, and any divorce decrees that you may have. Best wishes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Unless you write Hanyu ci, you will need your fiancee to sign her name on your visa application.

This is not an "Unless" situation. The signatures must be originals from each one of them.... careful with this type of advise, it sounds as if you were suggesting they commit forgery; which is a crime.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.