Dark Knight

separated since marriage after two years now wants a card

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You are wrong my friend. He has not filed AOS yet, so being married 2 years has nothing to do with any green card. He has to file AOS first before she can get a 2 year conditional green card and then it would be 1 year 9 month before filing for release of conditions. He better stay away from her so she can't use VAWA against him. I would report her ICE personally. There is no love, she just needs him to get her initial green card and then after that she can file a waiver to remove conditions one he divorces her. Stay away from this scammer and let her get deported back to Jamaica!

Sorry, you are wrong. If they've been married over 2 years, they'll get a 10 year green card.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You are wrong my friend. He has not filed AOS yet, so being married 2 years has nothing to do with any green card. He has to file AOS first before she can get a 2 year conditional green card and then it would be 1 year 9 month before filing for release of conditions. He better stay away from her so she can't use VAWA against him. I would report her ICE personally. There is no love, she just needs him to get her initial green card and then after that she can file a waiver to remove conditions one he divorces her. Stay away from this scammer and let her get deported back to Jamaica!

At least someone understands me about this issue. Im getting that feeling that reporting her to "ICE" is not an option by some vj'ers.

Timeline

I see in this guy's future a lot of 'I wuv you's', 'I'm sorry', 'Let's make it work', a GC, a dumping and plently of ####### just happened. According to the OP he's 'soft' and seems to be looking for someone to give him a reason to reconcile with his wife.

I Do admit i find that funny. Talking about stating the obvious!!! Let me add," but you said this", "I given you everything", and a whole heaping pot of "why's". Im so going to be on LAW and ORDER.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why would she get a 10yr GC if they never filed for AOS?

The conditional GC is for marriages less then 2yrs, if you are married 2+ years you get the 10yr card. Yes he has to file the adjustment of status she needs him for that, but she will get the 10yr card so no removal of conditions needed. It is based on lenght of marriage.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I agree he needs to stay away from her, and yes she needs him to get her status.

OP if you help her she will get a 10yr GC not 2yrs either way she will leave you in the dust once she gets it.

If you have evidence of fraud by all means report her, as you should. But then why would you be even tempted to go through with this.

Members on VJ will be the first to tell you to report her if you have proof of fraud, and many ppl have been told to do just that.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I married my wife two years ago and since those two years we've been separated she claims that she change and wants to work things out but i don't believe her. My wife is a immigrant from Jamaica, we started as best friends but then became something more. In the end i was a nitwit for being blinded by love and i realize that, so i refuse to process her papers for a green card. My question is that it has been two years since our marriage and now she wants to make up with me after i was geared up for a divorce. I feel as if i do decide to continue with her process will i have to do the conditional green card process since we never did it in the first place. Or do she automatically gets her permanent green card without any interviews or immigration hassles. I mean how does that work for immigrants who been married for 2yrs or more and never have done the conditions in the first place, will it lead for her getting her citizenship too in her 3rd year as we reconcile. If It does work like that, i think a loophole hasn't been discovered. She says she wants a lawyer to do the process im ok with that but it will be a long time before i sign anything for her until i can really trust her again. Also isnt better that she finds someone else to marry since we never record our interviews and papers with USCIS. Last time i check we were just only married and never lived together. Plus, im a Floridian and im not a mean person but i am skeptical and confuse with immigration cases.

be careful, did she try to work it out before?

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry, you are wrong. If they've been married over 2 years, they'll get a 10 year green card.

You can't get a green card unless the petitioner files for AOS? Show me where she can get a green card if he does not do an I-864 and file AOS. No AOS, no I-864, no interview and no green card. Show me the proof and then I will stand corrected.

Filed: Timeline

he was right. if you are married over 2 years, you are eligable for the 10 year greencard! the conditional 2 year greencard is only for people married less than 2 years. USCIS just wants to make sure, that the marriage is working out for a period of time (2 years) before they will give you ten 10 year greencard. since they've been married for over 2 years now, she will receive the 10 year one.

You can't get a green card unless the petitioner files for AOS? Show me where she can get a green card if he does not do an I-864 and file AOS. No AOS, no I-864, no interview and no green card. Show me the proof and then I will stand corrected.

you will file AOS like everybody else (documents uou mentioned above!) but her greencard won't have any conditions on it. so no need for ROC in 2 years!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/256437-2-years-married-10-years-green-card/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

She married you while she was here on a student visa, then left you, and she is working full time now?

I wonder how many rules and laws she's broken?

Get over her. Your love for her doesn't mean anything unless it is returned, and returned with sincerity, which I doubt is going to be the case.

Been there, done that, got the 'she just married me for a green card' t-shirt......

and there's one more site except VJ, that explains it too.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/marriage-based-adjustment-of-status

Timeline

Its literally been two years since we married and i haven't seen her ever since that day i was the one who tried to fix everything. For two years i felt that void, that pain that conflict inside myself. For two years while i suffer trying to make amends she took advantage of me. I told her i will do the divorce and she told me she needed 450$ for the attorney for a uncontested divorce like a fool she took the money and i'm still married. I may be hopelessly in love but i refuse to continue being a fool. I honestly could say i feel that vengeance towards her but the big punk in me is telling me, "let it go and move on". Now, she expect me to finish the process after all this pain but most likely its become a game of chess to see who can set up who for the surprise, cause deep down i lost all trust for this chick. I do believe i would need a therapist after this.

Its literally been two years since we married and i haven't seen her ever since that day i was the one who tried to fix everything. For two years i felt that void, that pain that conflict inside myself. For two years while i suffer trying to make amends she took advantage of me. I told her i will do the divorce and she told me she needed 450$ for the attorney for a uncontested divorce like a fool she took the money and i'm still married. I may be hopelessly in love but i refuse to continue being a fool. I honestly could say i feel that vengeance towards her but the big punk in me is telling me, "let it go and move on". Now, she expect me to finish the process after all this pain but most likely its become a game of chess to see who can set up who for the surprise, cause deep down i lost all trust for this chick. I do believe i would need a therapist after this.

You can file for a divorce based on abandonment, you have been separated for 2 years already. Go down to the court house and file the papers yourself, for 29.99. DO NOT GIVE HER ANY MONEY

If you need someone to walk you through it step by step, PM me.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

She has realized she screwed up, she cannot stay in the US, she is desperate and trying to suck you in. If you let her back into your life shes will do anything to get that GC. If you let her back in and she thinks you are not going to help her she may try to set you up for domestic abuse. If she can get proof she can file on her own. That is why ppl are telling you to never be alone with her.

The best thing you can do is file for a divorce, you tried your best but she never wanted to be married to you. She has shown you what she wanted and that was/is to stay in the US. You deserve someone who will love you with all their heart.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.