Bad_Daddy

Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting

219 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The biggest thing going against Zimmerman is his own statements and actions after the shooting, which show a contradiction between key elements of evidence and what he told police.

MOUNDS OF EVIDENCE

Alongside photos of Zimmerman's bloody scalp and puffy nose, the documents say Zimmerman repeatedly declined to be taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries suffered in his scuffle with Martin, which could weaken his argument that he feared for his life and required deadly force to defend himself.

In addition, the medical examiner's report showed only a small abrasion on Martin's left ring finger and no other injuries - apart from the fatal gunshot wound to the chest - to support Zimmerman's claim he was nearly beaten to death.

Zimmerman told the fire department medics he was taking temazepam, a medication to treat anxiety or insomnia, and librax, which is prescribed for gastrointestinal disorders.

According to ABC News, a medical report by Zimmerman's doctor also said he had been prescribed Adderall, which is used to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).

Police also conclude the incident was "ultimately avoidable" had Zimmerman remained in his car that night instead of following Martin.

"The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and waited the arrival of law enforcement or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog(sic) in an effort to dispel each party's concern," lead investigator Chris Serino swore in March 13 statement. "There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter."

His conclusion: probable cause for manslaughter.

The evidence also included statements from 22 different witnesses, from residents at the Retreat at Twin Lakes townhouse development and a former co-worker of Zimmerman's who said he acted like a racist high school bully.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchy...rylink=cpy.....

"The most important piece of evidence is the detective saying that, if George Zimmerman would have just stayed in his car, none of this would have happened," said Martin's family attorney, Benjamin Crump. "If Zimmerman had just stood down, then he wouldn't have to plead protection under the Stand Your Ground law. But Zimmerman pursued him. He profiled Trayvon. He started this.

Florida's Stand Your Ground law gives Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester the right to throw out the case if he determines that Zimmerman was in reasonable fear for his life. If he does, Robert Zimmerman said, it would also offer his son immunity in a civil court.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchy...l#storylink=cpy

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

No, I'd hold out my hand with a smile and politely introduce myself to the guy charging at me with a baseball bat ready to make a homerun out of my skull!

so:

a person who just purchased a baseball bat is walking down the street toward you ...

a person walking across a park toward a baseball field carrying a bat ...

a person had just committed an error and lost the big game and was walking back home ...

you will kill? :unsure:

re-read the posted article... it was not stated the person with the bat was threatening you ... just "looks" raging mad

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

About the distance (24-36 inches) and believe me, I am

not taking sides with anyone.... both parties could have (and damned well should have) reacted differently.... In an immediate threat situation where a firearm is introduced into a hand to hand combat situation the PROPER technique is that the firearm should be tucked in close to the side (beside the belly) with the strong hand (your writing hand typically) while the weak arm is pushing said assailant as far away from the firearm as possible in order to maintain control of said firearm (so the other man can't remove it from you).

Filed: Timeline

About the distance (24-36 inches) and believe me, I am

not taking sides with anyone.... both parties could have (and damned well should have) reacted differently.... In an immediate threat situation where a firearm is introduced into a hand to hand combat situation the PROPER technique is that the firearm should be tucked in close to the side (beside the belly) with the strong hand (your writing hand typically) while the weak arm is pushing said assailant as far away from the firearm as possible in order to maintain control of said firearm (so the other man can't remove it from you).

Careful you don't end up shooting yourself! I think you have been watching too many Randolph Scott films. :rofl:

budddvd.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Careful you don't end up shooting yourself! I think you have been watching too many Randolph Scott films. :rofl:

budddvd.jpg

?. Yeah, I should probably loose a few lbs before I try anything like that..... ?

And, I have no idea who Randolph Scott is? I am not reall a tv person.

Edited by Jamie and Sveta

Cops, Witnesses Back Up George Zimmerman's Version of Trayvon Martin Shooting

Two police reports written the night that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin said that Zimmerman had a bloody face and nose, according to police reports made public today.

The reports also note that two witness accounts appear to back up Zimmerman's version of what happened when they describe a man on his back with another person wearing a hoodie straddling him and throwing punches.

Witnesses, whose names were redacted from the report, also lent support to Zimmerman's version of what happened.

"He witnesses a black male, wearing a dark colored 'hoodie' on top of a white or Hispanic male and throwing punches 'MMA (mixed martial arts) style,'" the police report of the witness said. "He then heard a pop. He stated that after hearing the pop, he observed the person he had previously observed on top of the other person (the male wearing the hoodie) laid out on the grass."

A second witness described a person on the ground with another straddling him and throwing punches. The man on the bottom was yelling for help, the witness told police.

Yet another witness described the confrontation in emotional terms.

The witness heard "someone yelling, almost crying. Then I heard a gunshot." The witness wrote that he or she "saw a man on top of a guy laying on the ground. He was putting his hands on his neck or chest."

The man asked the witness to call 911.

"He stood up and took a couple steps away and put his hands on his head and then walked back over to the guy on the ground. He looked at him for a minute, then started to walk away toward the road. That is when the police walked up," the witness wrote.

The lead investigator on the case, Officer Christopher Serino, wrote that Zimmerman could be heard "yelling for help as he was being battered by Trayvon Martin."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-witnesses-back-george-zimmermans-version/story?id=16371852#.T7Z5DlK8HTo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The lead investigator on the case, Officer Christopher Serino, wrote that Zimmerman could be heard "yelling for help as he was being battered by Trayvon Martin."

http://abcnews.go.co...52#.T7Z5DlK8HTo

The lead investigator actually wanted to arrest Zimmerman and charge him with manslaughter.

Martin, btw, according to the autopsy, was 5'11" and weighed 158lbs. He had only one, very small cut below his left ring finger knuckle. He was carrying with him a glass bottle (iced tea). If he intended to 'batter' Zimmerman, you think he would have used the bottle as a weapon? If he was right-handed, chances are he was holding that bottle in his right hand. So, according to Zimmerman, Martin jumps him out of nowhere, gets on top of Zimmerman and batters him with his only free hand, his left, causing life threatening injuries to Zimmerman for which he later refuses to seek medical treatment for, while holding onto his glass bottle of iced tea? Perhaps he dropped it? Okay, if this was on concrete, that bottle would have been broken and then where are the cuts to Martin's right hand that would be consistent with continuously punching someone?

Some witnesses contradicted each other and others were flat wrong. Some heard two shots, when only one was fired. A few people saw the man with a red shirt — Zimmerman — on top during the fight, while others saw Trayvon Martin straddling Zimmerman and throwing punches. Still others were convinced it was Trayvon who cried for help, although police disagreed.

“The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog(sic) in an effort to dispel each party’s concern,” lead investigator Chris Serino swore in a March 13 statement. “There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter.”

His conclusion: probable cause for manslaughter.

Read more here: http://www.miamihera...e-evidence.html

Edited by Mister Fancypants