6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Review Topic: Adjustment of Status

Ok so it was interview day. Our appointment was scheduled at 2:15 pm, we got there like around 12:00 pm. We went to the room and checked in and was told we were extra early and asked if we wanted to wait or return at the time of the interview. We opted to wait. After waiting for about 20 minutes my name was called and we were shown to another room to wait. At exactly 2:15 pm my name was called and I was ushered into a n office for the interview. My husband and I were sworn in and then asked to present original copies of both our birth certificates, marriage license all supporting evidence we brought. We took only 15 pictures with us and the IO was like is this all aren't you gonna bombard me with over 200 pictures. I thought to myself " oh, oh" but calmly replied " I think there is enough there to present a solid case". He looked through them and said " you are correct" and took 2 out of the bunch. He then told us he is going to ask us some questions and they will be directed to a specific person and only that person should answer.

He asked my husband my full name, where was I born, my birth date and the date of our marriage.

He then asked me my full name, my date of birth and where was I born.

I was then asked if my husband was married before and how many children does he have

He was then asked the same questions about me.

The IO then asked for our bank cards which he made a copy of. Asked me all the questions on the 485 about being arrested etc. he then wrote in my passport saying I was there for interview then handed back all our documents and told us our case will now be under review and within 60 days they will send us a letter to tell us what their decision will be.

The whole thing took about half an hour .

Was not a bad interview and the IO was very nice. He had us laughing in there

AOS APPROVED MAY 19, 2012

GREENCARD RECEIVED MAY 31, 2012

TIMELINE UPDATED

Sending positive vibes for a quick approval decision!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wow did u have to be at the interview as well, and did they keep ur husbands passport I've heard that's a good sign but Congrats anyway u still seem in good spirit Good Luck

I had to be at the interview because I'm adjusting based on family. They did not keep my passport but they did not ask for further info so I still take it as a positive sign. Not gonna think negative at this point.

Sending positive vibes for a quick approval decision!

Thank you so much. It is still nerve racking waiting.

AOS APPROVED MAY 19, 2012

GREENCARD RECEIVED MAY 31, 2012

TIMELINE UPDATED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

wow did u have to be at the interview as well, and did they keep ur husbands passport I've heard that's a good sign but Congrats anyway u still seem in good spirit Good Luck

They may take your EAD and your I-94 from your passport, but they do not keep passports for AOS.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

They don't keep passports for AOS

I had to be at the interview because I'm adjusting based on family. They did not keep my passport but they did not ask for further info so I still take it as a positive sign. Not gonna think negative at this point.

they don't keep passports at aos

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.