Ashley_and_Zhenya

Just caught a mistake on my I-129F...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I filed my I-129F on April 30, 2012 and received my NOA1 within a week. I was so excited to see the letter but very depressed to see my fiance's birthdate wrong. Yes, that is correct. I put the wrong birthday. Besides the shame I feel for not getting that straight and never living it down with my fiance, I have a few questions about correcting the mistake.

I called USCIS customer service and they told me to send in a letter with proof of his original birthday. She highly suggested using his birth certificate. So, I am currently waiting on a notarized translated version of this to come to me which I will mail to the Vermont Service Center ASAP with a formal letter correcting the mistake.

My questions are:

1. Will this cause my case to be bumped back to the beginning of the line? (silly question, maybe, but I'm still concerned)

2. Despite the overwhelming amount of evidence I sent in proving our genuine relationship (he was on an F1 visa for 4 years when we met), will it be to my detriment that I put down not only the wrong DAY of the month but also the wrong YEAR?? I mean, fiance's should know this stuff.

3. Will this also require an RFE in 5 months when they actually start processing it?

4. Is there a chance in this world that it could cause my application to be viewed any faster?

Any advice you have would be great! Thanks!

-Ashley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I filed my I-129F on April 30, 2012 and received my NOA1 within a week. I was so excited to see the letter but very depressed to see my fiance's birthdate wrong. Yes, that is correct. I put the wrong birthday. Besides the shame I feel for not getting that straight and never living it down with my fiance, I have a few questions about correcting the mistake.

I called USCIS customer service and they told me to send in a letter with proof of his original birthday. She highly suggested using his birth certificate. So, I am currently waiting on a notarized translated version of this to come to me which I will mail to the Vermont Service Center ASAP with a formal letter correcting the mistake.

My questions are:

1. Will this cause my case to be bumped back to the beginning of the line? (silly question, maybe, but I'm still concerned)

2. Despite the overwhelming amount of evidence I sent in proving our genuine relationship (he was on an F1 visa for 4 years when we met), will it be to my detriment that I put down not only the wrong DAY of the month but also the wrong YEAR?? I mean, fiance's should know this stuff.

3. Will this also require an RFE in 5 months when they actually start processing it?

4. Is there a chance in this world that it could cause my application to be viewed any faster?

Any advice you have would be great! Thanks!

-Ashley

1. Do not send anything, it will get lost. Your file is sealed in a box and stacked by now

2. Do not call USCIS customer service

3. Tell your fiancee to make a note of it at the interview and they will allow him to change it. YES, I did the same thing and YES that is what we did. No problem whatsoever.

Now to answer your questions directly...

1. No

2. You did not need to send ANY evidence of relationship with the petition. You made an error. Even fiancees make errors. (true!) It is called a "typo" and they do not deny visas for typos.

3. No, birthdate is not a material issue

4. No. No chance in the world.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

1. Do not send anything, it will get lost. Your file is sealed in a box and stacked by now

2. Do not call USCIS customer service

3. Tell your fiancee to make a note of it at the interview and they will allow him to change it. YES, I did the same thing and YES that is what we did. No problem whatsoever.

Now to answer your questions directly...

1. No

2. You did not need to send ANY evidence of relationship with the petition. You made an error. Even fiancees make errors. (true!) It is called a "typo" and they do not deny visas for typos.

3. No, birthdate is not a material issue

4. No. No chance in the world.

Amen good.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Amen good.gif

Agree!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Amen good.gif

Well said!

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I tried to fix a name on my 129-f by mailing a letter to the CSC, and they sent back a form letter with the supporting document I sent. The letter thanked me for my inquiry of the case status (??) and pointed me to their website.

So yeah, they may not look at your letter. Try not to worry. You're not the first person to make a mistake, and this isn't their first rodeo. Worst case scenario, you are just giving the postal service your extra business.

K-1 Process:
8/26/2011 - I-129f mailed
8/31/2011 - NOA1
2/03/2012 - RFE
2/09/2012 - RFE received through US Mail
2/14/2012 - RFE response mailed
2/16/2012 - RFE response received by CSC
2/17/2012 - Touch
3/08/2012 - NOA2
I-129f was approved in 190 days from NOA1 date.

3/15/2012 - NVC received
3/19/2012 - NVC left

3/21/2012 - Embassy received
3/28/2012 - Packet 3 received by beneficiary

01/28/2013 - Married

03/11/2013 - Sent AOS packet

05/17/2013 - EAP and AP approved in 66 days

10/26/2013 - Green Card Production email notification

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Looks like the OP is MIA :lol: Still good information though.

:thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you for the information, everyone! I was indeed MIA for awhile. After filing the petition I finished up my school year and flew to Ukraine to visit my fiancee. I sent the letter in May and never got a response, so I assume as many of you said that my letter was sent in vain. Well, oh well. I will just wait. I'm almost 2 months in. Hopefully the rest of this time flies by just as fast and there truly are no issues with my "typo" as you called it.

This is a great website. Everyone is so kind to post information. VERY helpful!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.