sobers

visa toristi

49 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

hello everyone i am from algeria please i need someone to help me for how to get visa to usa i dont have any idea for and i need copy for invitation

i have girlfriend from usa and she sent me an invitation but i dont think that its helpful. so i need blank copy for invitation .thank you[/size]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** Moving from ROC to tourism forum ****

You do not need a letter of invitation. You need to show ties to your home country, proof that you will return.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Basically, you need to convince the interviewer that you MUST return to your home country after your visit and will not illegally overstay/ marry your girlfriend and remain in the USA.

Ties such as:

- having minor children waiting for you

- a good job

- a business/ property

- enrollment in university for next year

It would likely be much easier for your girlfriend to visit you, or you two to meet in a third country.

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Basically, you need to convince the interviewer that you MUST return to your home country after your visit and will not illegally overstay/ marry your girlfriend and remain in the USA.

Ties such as:

- having minor children waiting for you

- a good job

- a business/ property

- enrollment in university for next year

It would likely be much easier for your girlfriend to visit you, or you two to meet in a third country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You need to focus on 2 issues:

That you afford the Holiday.

That you must leave and return to your Country.

The latter is the more important, so what are your ties, why must you return?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

hello thank you very much queen im sorry but i want to give me much opinionso we are planning to marryand she told me that someone there he would send me invitation and his business card

Are you planning to go to the US on a tourist visa, get married and stay? If so, that's illegal, you can't do that. To enter the US on a tourist visa you have to prove that you plan to leave the US and not stay.

If you're currently engaged, and want to come to the US to marry your fiancee and stay, your fiancee will have to file an I-129f petition on your behalf. Once approved, this petition will allow you to apply for a K-1 visa to enter the US, get married and stay.

If you plan to get married, and then go back to Algeria, you'll need to prove ties to Algeria. An invitation letter is not required, nor needed, nor is it particularly halpful either. You need to prove ties to Algeria, such as a job, owned property, family ties such as children, sick parents etc., you name it.

Timeline

Are you planning to go to the US on a tourist visa, get married and stay? If so, that's illegal, you can't do that. To enter the US on a tourist visa you have to prove that you plan to leave the US and not stay.

If you're currently engaged, and want to come to the US to marry your fiancee and stay, your fiancee will have to file an I-129f petition on your behalf. Once approved, this petition will allow you to apply for a K-1 visa to enter the US, get married and stay.

If you plan to get married, and then go back to Algeria, you'll need to prove ties to Algeria. An invitation letter is not required, nor needed, nor is it particularly halpful either. You need to prove ties to Algeria, such as a job, owned property, family ties such as children, sick parents etc., you name it.

Timeline

thank you for that

so you mean that i can't marry her in usa?

then i can't go there with tourist visa and marry her ?

so what i should to do, how the solution please explain to me i really need help and i cant tell her that its impossible to marry her and i dont want her to come here in my country because i know its hard for her

thank you

Timeline

She petitions you for a K1 fiance visa: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-procedures/ then you travel to the USA and get married within 90 days. Have you met in person yet? You must have met in person within the last 2 years.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

She petitions you for a K1 fiance visa: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/80-k-1-fiancee-visa-process-procedures/ then you travel to the USA and get married within 90 days. Have you met in person yet? You must have met in person within the last 2 years.

i didn't meet her in person but i'm with her over 2 years

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.