Chocnut

Visa Delivery

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had my k1 visa interview last Monday, May 7. My fiance and I was so excited, we booked my flight on May 17. However, my visa hasn't been delivered ever since. I am nervous. I sent an e-mail to US Embassy Manila last May 10 to inquire about my passport and I got a one-sentence reply saying that my visa is still at the post. I checked at to 2Go but the CSR my visa is not yet with them. I tried tracking my visa at 2Go website, typing either my passport or case number, but it both appear to be invalid.

Is there any way I would know for sure when my visa would be delivered? Or at least expedite the delivery of my passport/visa? If ever we're rebooking my flight, what would be an ideal date? My wedding is on the 26th of this month.

Cheers,

Tin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had my k1 visa interview last Monday, May 7. My fiance and I was so excited, we booked my flight on May 17. However, my visa hasn't been delivered ever since. I am nervous. I sent an e-mail to US Embassy Manila last May 10 to inquire about my passport and I got a one-sentence reply saying that my visa is still at the post. I checked at to 2Go but the CSR my visa is not yet with them. I tried tracking my visa at 2Go website, typing either my passport or case number, but it both appear to be invalid.

Is there any way I would know for sure when my visa would be delivered? Or at least expedite the delivery of my passport/visa? If ever we're rebooking my flight, what would be an ideal date? My wedding is on the 26th of this month.

Cheers,

Tin

I'm afraid that no one here can tell you when your visa will be delivered. It was a bold move to have purchased the plane ticket before having the visa in your hands, because, after your passport arrives, you'll need to make sure all the information on the visa is correct... if it isn't...... you'll have to contact the Embassy and have it fixed (it happens more often that you would think).

I would continue trying to contact someone at the Embassy, if I were you... or the courier that they use to send the passports with.

wacko.gif

Edited by Celeste & C

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Tin

This is why the embassy stressed to NOT purchase your airline tickets until the visa is in hand. I could not track the visa through 2GO ever, I asked Amy to call one day, first time she called they didn't have it, the next day she called it had arrived and they would deliver it.

It took 14 days for Amy's visa to be delivered.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Oh my. Was too enthusiastic. Wasn't aware, wasn't warned, or maybe, wasn't reading enough. Was under the impression that visa is delivered in 3 days.

Oh well. That's life. Some lessons are learned the hard way. :P

Thanks, everyone, for responding :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

One more example that no airline tickets should be bought and no definite marriage plans made before visa is in hand.

:whistle: :whistle: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I bought my fiancee's airline ticket before the interview even, but we were not flying to the states for two months... still that was a gamble.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Tin

May 7th - May 17 is a mere 10 days from interview to flight without a visa in hand, you left zero room for visa delivery or errors. No one can tell you what an ideal date would be to rebook your flight should you need to do so, you might have to take a good guess at it as you did when you first booked the flight, but maybe more than 10 days would be a good start.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

I'm afraid that no one here can tell you when your visa will be delivered. It was a bold move to have purchased the plane ticket before having the visa in your hands, because, after your passport arrives, you'll need to make sure all the information on the visa is correct... if it isn't...... you'll have to contact the Embassy and have it fixed (it happens more often that you would think).

I would continue trying to contact someone at the Embassy, if I were you... or the courier that they use to send the passports with.

wacko.gif

Thank you for a practical response. :)

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Tin

hi!...i had my interview last May 8,i got approved...on the last window 71 they told us to NOT book the ticket

until we have the passport with visa,i did not call the US embassy yet to inquire i will wait til tuesday.

i hope we will received our visa soon...God bless...

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

Timeline

hi!...i had my interview last May 8,i got approved...on the last window 71 they told us to NOT book the ticket

until we have the passport with visa,i did not call the US embassy yet to inquire i will wait til tuesday.

i hope we will received our visa soon...God bless...

Goodie. I wasn't told anything but "Your visa has been approved and will be delivered."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also you will need to complete your CFO seminar. This will allow you to leave the country. Without the CFO certificate, stamp and sticker. You won't be able to leave. Good thing CFO is a one day process.

Average wait time to receive your passport w/ visa in hand is 5 - 10 business days.

I agree with everybody else never book your ticket until you have visa in hand. The reason why they tell you not to book your flight until you have completed the Visa process. That includes delivery of the Visa and passport. The consulate may approve your Visa Application but they may need to review the documents further before printing the actual visa. Then there is the delivery time from USEM to 2GO. Then 2GO need to process and deliver to the address.

As for rescheduling the flight, no one can give a definite day to re-schedule.

Personally speaking, I would re-schedule for next week Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Give some room just in case. Also to say your good byes, hug and kisses last Halo Halo drink etc....

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Tin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I only have advice of what I did. My Fiancée is leaving for the USA one day after you. If they have not process the Passport and VISA I would call them every couple of hours. I called the Embassy directly. They wanted her date of birth and Case Number. Once the documents were given to the currier the embassy will give you the Curriers direct Number. I talked to the currier and they told me when the documents would be delivered. If you are in a bind, I think you can go to the Curriers office and pick up the Passport, Visa, and Brown envelope. Jean had her interview on March 27th. It took 9 business days to get the documents. If our calculations are the same, it looks like you will get your documents on the 18th. In closing, I was a little persistent but the US Embassy was very helpful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.