Caroline and Phil

How long does it take to oath letter to be delivered?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does anybody know if it takes longer than any other letters from Immigration or even regular letters?

I always get them pretty fast.

I already called USCIS but she said it can take 30 days. But how come? Is there something different?

My oath letter was sent on May 2nd and so far I didn't get anything. I'm really worried if USPS delivered to wrong address.

What happen if I miss my ceremony? :crying:

If i call USCIS again, can they access my info and check my ceremony's date? :wacko:

Edited by Lisa and Phil

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

I think you are fine. It's been only 7 business days in your case. I would wait one more week before calling them again.

For my interview letter it took 5 days (including weekend). I'm just afraid of missing my own ceremony if USPS made a mistake. :crying:

And let's say I wait a week and then call them do you think they have my date? At least I would know I wouldn't be missing it. :blush:

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just becaus ethey scheduled you on 5/2 doesn't mean they put the letter in the mail then :) If you've always received every other letter, no reason to think you won't get this one.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Just becaus ethey scheduled you on 5/2 doesn't mean they put the letter in the mail then :) If you've always received every other letter, no reason to think you won't get this one.

But they said on the email I was scheduled and a note with date and location was sent on 05/02.

Lisa, the more you think about it, the longer the process seems to be. The truth, nothing get better or worse. Good luck and I hope it's on the USPS van to your home.

Thx. :)

It's been over a year, somtimes I get worried. heheehh

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I hope your letter turns up soon! I'm sure it will arrive sometime next week if it hasn't already. If you're worried about when the oath will be call USCIS and ask to speak to an ISO. They should be able to tell you when you are scheduled and then you can finally relax! :)

Timeline

I hope your letter turns up soon! I'm sure it will arrive sometime next week if it hasn't already. If you're worried about when the oath will be call USCIS and ask to speak to an ISO. They should be able to tell you when you are scheduled and then you can finally relax! :)

Oh Can I do that? I didn't know. I'm worried because I have no clue if the ceremony happens soon after it's scheduled or if it takes a while. Thank you for the tip, rocks. :)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh Can I do that? I didn't know. I'm worried because I have no clue if the ceremony happens soon after it's scheduled or if it takes a while. Thank you for the tip, rocks. :)

You should be able to. Just explain that you want to speak to an ISO because you've been waiting a while for the letter and you're worried you'll miss the ceremony! Let us know how it goes! :)

Timeline

You should be able to. Just explain that you want to speak to an ISO because you've been waiting a while for the letter and you're worried you'll miss the ceremony! Let us know how it goes! :)

Sure I will, thank you. :)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Sorry for being clueless, but ISO stands for?...

Sure I will, thank you. :)

Any update? Were you able to get an answer on what date you're scheduled for the oath?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.