beck26

IS IT REALLY NECESSARY?

26 posts in this topic

hello guys! its me once again...we are going into our 3rd month of patiently waiting our NOA2(God bless our love, i hope there's no RFE or other hindrances, hope its approved.)im in the process of gathering documents in case the interview is up ahead soon.

my question is: is it really necessary to have another EXACT copy of the petition/I-129F package??? because she only stayed for a short time here in the Philippines that we only got enough time to assemble one copy (the one that we submitted)

1. will this make or break our petition?

2. our original petition would be sent back here in the Philippine Embassy anyway right? or will it be sent straight back to me and not go through the Embassy?

3. i read that we need the copy of petition once the NOA2 arrives...is it important to have a copy eventhough the original one would be sent back here in the Philippines?

4. should my fiancee send the requirements for my interview (the financial support forms, new letter of intent etc.) after the NOA2 arrives or before?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH and GODBLESS!!! i really, really miss my wife... T_T((though we are still not married)

Edited by beck26

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

hello guys! its me once again...we are going into our 3rd month of patiently waiting our NOA2(God bless our love, i hope there's no RFE or other hindrances, hope its approved.)im in the process of gathering documents in case the interview is up ahead soon.

my question is: is it really necessary to have another EXACT copy of the petition/I-129F package??? because she only stayed for a short time here in the Philippines that we only got enough time to assemble one copy (the one that we submitted)

2. our original petition would be sent back here in the Philippine Embassy anyway right? or will it be sent straight back to me and not go through the Embassy?

3. i read that we need the copy of petition once the NOA2 arrives...is it important to have a copy eventhough the original one would be sent back here in the Philippines?

4. should my fiancee send the requirements for my interview (the financial support forms, new letter of intent etc.) after the NOA2 arrives or before?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH and GODBLESS!!! i really, really miss my wife... T_T((though we are still not married)

Please review the site's excellent and informative step-by-step K-1 guide for more information.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

1. will this make or break our petition? No, it won't make or break the petition. However, it could delay your visa. An Embassy caseworker lost my I-134 and all of it's supporting documents. Thank goodness Chinook had copies with her.

2. our original petition would be sent back here in the Philippine Embassy anyway right? or will it be sent straight back to me and not go through the Embassy? The original petition will be sent to the Embassy.

3. i read that we need the copy of petition once the NOA2 arrives...is it important to have a copy eventhough the original one would be sent back here in the Philippines? It's not absolutely necessary to have a copy of the petition. However, it is a good idea to have a copy. The copy should include original receipts. The consular officer can ask you to submit them.

4. should my fiancee send the requirements for my interview (the financial support forms, new letter of intent etc.) after the NOA2 arrives or before? After.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH and GODBLESS!!! i really, really miss my wife... T_T((though we are still not married) I hope you don't refer to your fiancée as your "wife" when you are at your medical, at your Embassy interview, at the CFO seminar, or at your POE. Also, I hope you and your fiancée did not refer to each other as "husband" and "wife" in your emails and your chats which were included in the original petition or which you are going to submit at your Embassy interview. This could cause big trouble.

What's the maiden name of your fiancée's mother? You will be asked that question at your CFO seminar. If you don't know, you will find the correct answer on your fiancée's G-325A. I hope you have a copy of her G-325A with you.

What's the maiden name of your fiancée's mother? You will be asked that question at your CFO seminar. If you don't know, you will find the correct answer on your fiancée's G-325A. I hope you have a copy of her G-325A with you.

oh, thank you very much for the replies!!! it's ok, we only refer as "hubby and wife" personally...with other persons (even friends and relatives) we are used to telling we are just engaged...im somewhat close to her mother and knows what to put in her G-325A and stuff...also the maiden name of her mom...

so basically, i need to create a copy (a not exactly written copy would do?) i mean, just the forms and other stuffs like evidences but not complete...luckily i got copies of it, because we really intended to do 3 copies but we ended up just doing the original one because of lack of time...she needs to go back to US right away becoz she is a USAF.

i just remembered, we refer to each other as "husband and wife" in our evidences...but most of it are like "soon to be husband...or soon to be wife"...we noted it clearly...and didnt the USCIS background checks the petitioner??? my fiancee is absolutely not married and so am I (i can prove it with my CENOMAR)

plus we bought wedding rings for each other (we included the receipts)but we clearly indicated it would act as an ENGAGEMENT RING and its the same rings we would use as WEDDING RING when we get married in the US...its our way of saving money and being pracical...its not the rings anyway, its our promise to each other that counts

Best practices:

1. Bring everything you can to your Embassy interview and to your CFO seminar. (Like lola said: It's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

These are all great questions to ask of your USCitizen Petitioner, as it mostly forces her to do the proper research.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

I made three copies of our ENTIRE petition. I placed two copies in a tabbed binder (2 copies of each paper) that we will take to the interview, and one copy I left with my parents in the US. I wanted to be complete 100% sure that if something got lost, I had various copies of everything.

El destino me ha unido a vos.

I-129F K1 Visa Process
[01.18.2012] Sent I-129F Petition
[01.20.2012] NOA1
[06.13.2012] NOA2 - no RFE's
[07.09.2012] Petition received at NVC; case number assigned
[07.11.2012] Petition sent to Honduras consulate
[07.13.2012] Consulate received petition package
[08.07.2012] Received interview date & Packet 4 in email
[10.10.2012] Interview smile.png - APPROVED!
[10.18.2012] POE Houston
[10.29.2012] Marriage <3

I-485 AOS Process
[12.14.2012] Sent I-485 Package with I-765
[12.19.2012] NOA1
[12.24.2012] Biometrics letter received
[01.02.2013] RFE notice
[01.05.2013] RFE hardcopy received
[01.07.2013] Biometrics appointment
[03.04.2013] RFE sent back to USCIS
[03.19.2013] EAD approved
[03.27.2013] EAD arrived in the mail

[09.21.2013] I-485 approved

[09.26.2013] Green card sent in mail

i cannot obligate my fiancee to research and things...because she is really busy with work right now (she works 12 hours a day,.most of the time she gets 2 hour overtime too...plus she is studying and she got exams coming up)....so basically im the one doing all the researching and compilation of whatevr documents i can do (except the ones that she only can accomplish)....im researching and she is asking her friends about the process...

i really wish to be with her soon so i can help her...it hurts me to think she gets tired and burdens all the bills all by herself...i dont want my wife to be stressed thats why i want to be with her ASAP... :( i want to do everything i can to make him feel that im a good husband...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - so, learn to use the advanced search tool here.

and the google site search tool.

everything yer asking about has been posted before. It's on you to find it, read it, assimilate all.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

...i dont want my wife to be stressed thats why i want to be with her ASAP... :( i want to do everything i can to make her feel that im a good husband...

Kaibigan...Mag-ingat ka. :whistle:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Copies and preparation is a must. I brought everything in duplicate. it can get confusing and easy to forget something. I carried all in all steps so I answer or provide anything asked. I was even around the block during cfo with everything. I almost forgot 2 forms required to enter Embassy for interview but Anne was on top of it...Teamwork!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes

NEVER send anything to anyone in this process without an exact copy of what you are sending for yourself. NEVER send anything without delivery confirmation. NEVER go to an interview without a copy of every document they may have been sent.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

1. It could

2. That's the plan. What if it doesn't work that way?

3. Yes

4. After

DO NOT EVER refer to her as your "wife" to anyone for any reason until you have entered the USA on a K- visa and MARRIED her. Until then she is your FIANCEE and YES visas have been denied for calling each other that. It is not cute. Most expecially do not ever refer to her as your wife on any internet site, particularly social network sites and do not allow anyone else to either.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

oh, thank you very much for the replies!!! it's ok, we only refer as "hubby and wife" personally...with other persons (even friends and relatives) we are used to telling we are just engaged...im somewhat close to her mother and knows what to put in her G-325A and stuff...also the maiden name of her mom...

so basically, i need to create a copy (a not exactly written copy would do?) i mean, just the forms and other stuffs like evidences but not complete...luckily i got copies of it, because we really intended to do 3 copies but we ended up just doing the original one because of lack of time...she needs to go back to US right away becoz she is a USAF.

i just remembered, we refer to each other as "husband and wife" in our evidences...but most of it are like "soon to be husband...or soon to be wife"...we noted it clearly...and didnt the USCIS background checks the petitioner??? my fiancee is absolutely not married and so am I (i can prove it with my CENOMAR)

plus we bought wedding rings for each other (we included the receipts)but we clearly indicated it would act as an ENGAGEMENT RING and its the same rings we would use as WEDDING RING when we get married in the US...its our way of saving money and being pracical...its not the rings anyway, its our promise to each other that counts

I will say it one more time and leave it to you ...DO NOT REFER TO EACH OTHER AS HUBBY AND WIFE!

The CENOMAR proves you have not been married in the PIs' So what? You could have been maried elsewhere. If the consulate finds references to "hubby and wife" they can and HAVE denied visas. This is not to played around with. They do no thave to "prove" anythimg. NOTHING. YOU have to prove. How do you PROVE you are not married (CENOMAR does not do it, it is only required by PI law, no one believes it is proof of anything and PIs is perhaps the only place on earth it is used)

Many others have been denied and then you have to go and get married and file a CR-1 Do a search of these forums if you think I am joking.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.