Migz Reyes

Petition for a sister together with her husband and family

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm curious on our petition status. My mom's sister told her that we were petitioned as a family, that means, my mom, dad and me (as the youngest child of the family). This was actually filed few years ago and mom already got the approval receipt and only waiting for visa, but I'm not sure if this was true.

My questions are...

What petition did my aunt applied for?

How many years do we need to wait for this petition.

Also, I'm a bit confused of the ruling when it comes to this matter. I wonder if it won't affect the petition even if I'm older now (26), but still unmarried. Cause I was petitioned when I'm still at my primary education level.

I hope somebody can clear me on this matter. Thank you so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I'm curious on our petition status. My mom's sister told her that we were petitioned as a family, that means, my mom, dad and me (as the youngest child of the family). This was actually filed few years ago and mom already got the approval receipt and only waiting for visa, but I'm not sure if this was true.

My questions are...

What petition did my aunt applied for?

How many years do we need to wait for this petition.

Also, I'm a bit confused of the ruling when it comes to this matter. I wonder if it won't affect the petition even if I'm older now (26), but still unmarried. Cause I was petitioned when I'm still at my primary education level.

I hope somebody can clear me on this matter. Thank you so much!

it is a petition for siblings and their derivatives, which are spouses and unmarried children under 21.

you don't say when was the petition filed, what is the priority date. some children do qualify for cspa, meaning they freeze your age as a minor and the children will get the GC with their parents. some don't.

Timeline

it is a petition for siblings and their derivatives, which are spouses and unmarried children under 21.

you don't say when was the petition filed, what is the priority date. some children do qualify for cspa, meaning they freeze your age as a minor and the children will get the GC with their parents. some don't.

The petition was filed early 90s or late 80s. Wasn't really sure about it, maybe I'm 8 years old or much younger that time. How's that?

Aside from that the processing of our papers were hold for about 3 years now because as what my aunt told to my mom, they went back to those unprocessed 80s application.

Edited by Migz Reyes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To see if you still are part of the petition ( I doubt it ) you take your real age and the subtract ( time between NOA1 to NOA2 ) and that is your petition age. You are probably too old. If you stay unmarried when your parents arrive they could petition you, you must stay unmarried unless your parents become USC's

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

To see if you still are part of the petition ( I doubt it ) you take your real age and the subtract ( time between NOA1 to NOA2 ) and that is your petition age. You are probably too old. If you stay unmarried when your parents arrive they could petition you, you must stay unmarried unless your parents become USC's

The problem is, I don't have the visa yet? How's that?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The problem is, I don't have the visa yet? How's that?

Without the specifics of the original petition (Date filed, etc) it is difficult to know.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Without the specifics of the original petition (Date filed, etc) it is difficult to know.

Date filed: around 1992

Date approved: around 1994

So far that's the details. My mom haven't got any updates with regards to the visa.

I hope these information could help you. Thanks!

Timeline

Date filed: around 1992

Date approved: around 1994

So far that's the details. My mom haven't got any updates with regards to the visa.

I hope these information could help you. Thanks!

she has to check the visa bulletin, for Philippine siblings, uscis is working on petitions sent in 1989

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5692.html

this is the visa bulletin for May check category F4 under the Philippines column.

Timeline

she has to check the visa bulletin, for Philippine siblings, uscis is working on petitions sent in 1989

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5692.html

this is the visa bulletin for May check category F4 under the Philippines column.

Great thanks!

One more thing, do they process papers on per monthly, quarterly or yearly basis?

Example: 1989 is for the month of May, 1990 would be processed when?

Also, I'm a bit worried with the CSPA. Not sure if I can still be qualified. Do you have any idea about it?

Like what I've said above, these are some important details I know...

Date filed: 1992

Date approved: 1994

Until now we haven't received any update with regards to the visa.

So how's that? Would they be considerate enough to deduct the years we have been waiting for them to process our papers in order for me to still qualify as a minor?

Timeline

Great thanks!

One more thing, do they process papers on per monthly, quarterly or yearly basis?

Example: 1989 is for the month of May, 1990 would be processed when?

Also, I'm a bit worried with the CSPA. Not sure if I can still be qualified. Do you have any idea about it?

Like what I've said above, these are some important details I know...

Date filed: 1992

Date approved: 1994

Until now we haven't received any update with regards to the visa.

So how's that? Would they be considerate enough to deduct the years we have been waiting for them to process our papers in order for me to still qualify as a minor?

every month, but the visa bulletin can advance very little, stay the same for months or retrogress years. that's why it takes a very long time.

I don't think you'll qualify you may be near or in your 30ties by the time the priority date becomes current.

Timeline

every month, but the visa bulletin can advance very little, stay the same for months or retrogress years. that's why it takes a very long time.

I don't think you'll qualify you may be near or in your 30ties by the time the priority date becomes current.

Currently I'm turning 27 late this year. So you think I wouldn't be qualified in that case?

Timeline

Currently I'm turning 27 late this year. So you think I wouldn't be qualified in that case?

yes, you'll probably be in your 30's, that's a lot over 21.

I'd hope to be wrong, but there are still many years more of waiting.

Timeline

yes, you'll probably be in your 30's, that's a lot over 21.

I'd hope to be wrong, but there are still many years more of waiting.

I see... I thought since they are processing 1989 this May, they would be able to process 1990 this coming June.

As I was reading some threads here, they are discussing about freezing of age something like that. Wouldn't they do it in my case?

Edited by Migz Reyes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So your petition age is 26 minus ( time between 94 and 92 ) so lets say it is 2 years 26 - 2 is 24 , you are already too old to travel when then do. When they come and if you stay single you are an adult daught er of an LPR You could come in about 10 years after they do if you remain single.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

So your petition age is 26 minus ( time between 94 and 92 ) so lets say it is 2 years 26 - 2 is 24 , you are already too old to travel when then do. When they come and if you stay single you are an adult daught er of an LPR You could come in about 10 years after they do if you remain single.

Lol that means 30 years of waiting in total?

Actually, 3 years ago (2009) they were about to start processing our papers. However, due to some complains from applicants during 80s, they hold the processing and give way to these applicants.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.