w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

SMALL PLANE CRASHES INTO BUILDING ON NYC'SUPPER EAST SIDE...

55 posts in this topic

Goddammit.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Photo from CNN.COM:

newt1.1502.fire.wnyw.jpg

Update from Newsday:

A small plane has crashed into a residential building on the East Side of the city, according to televised reports.

Fire Department spokeswoman Emily Rahimi said an aircraft struck the 20th floor of a building on East 72nd Street. Witnesses said the crash caused a loud noise, and burning and falling debris was seen. Flames were seen shooting out of the windows.

"There's huge pieces of debris falling," said one witness who refused to give her full name. "There's so much falling now, I've got to get away."

Aerial views of the crash site showed a thick cloud of smoke spreading over the East Side.

It was not immediately known if it was terrorism.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/...y-top-headlines

Edited by Gupt

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

NEW YORK - A small aircraft crashed into a high-rise on the Upper East Side, setting off a fire and startling New Yorkers, police said. There were conflicting reports on whether the aircraft was a small plane or a helicopter.

Fire Department spokeswoman Emily Rahimi said an aircraft struck struck the 20th floor of a building on East 72nd Street. Witnesses said the crash caused a loud noise, and burning and falling debris was seen. Flames were seen shooting out of the windows. Video from the scene showed at least three apartments in the high rise fully engulfed in flames.

"There's huge pieces of debris falling," said one witness who refused to give her full name. "There's so much falling now, I've got to get away."

Whether anyone was injured was not known, and it was unclear if the crash was an act of terrorism.

The address of the building is 524 E. 72nd Street — a 50-story condominium tower built in 1986 and located nearby Sotheby's Auction House. It has 183 apartments, many of which sell for more than $1 million.

Federal Aviation Administration officials say it's too early to say what type of aircraft was involved.

yahoo news

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Watched a bit of TV, they're calling it a "fixed wing aircraft". What is that?

not a helicopter, which is called a rotary wing aircraft

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
Watched a bit of TV, they're calling it a "fixed wing aircraft". What is that?

An airplane, I think, as opposed to a helicopter with the revolving wings. On CBS, they just confirmed it was a helicopter though. Lots of helicopters fly up and down the East River everyday; make more sense to me that a helicopter would have such an accident.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another photo..this one from foxnews.com:

101106_plane_crash6.jpg

Lots of helicopters fly up and down the East River everyday; make more sense to me that a helicopter would have such an accident.

Yup.

Drudge reporting:

FDNY REPORTS 'PEOPLE TRAPPED'

Timeline

And now they just confirmed it was a 'fixed wing aircraft' again. But time will only tell because they're getting lots of mixed reports, as people were fleeing immediately once they saw the impact.

AOS...

cnn.com reporting:

"I have no idea where (the plane) came from," said a spokesman for New York area airports.

[...]

A North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) spokesperson, which monitors air traffic, told CNN that it had not been tracking the aircraft.

Timeline
I'm watching the news. They said several people are trapped.

That's horrifying. I heard that the fire it on the 41st floor, so really anyone on the 41st floor up could be trapped in the building :o HOPEFULLY, since it happened on a weekday afternoon and the building is largely residential, not too many people would have been in the building.

AOS...