abdelnish83

Just waiting waiting

52 posts in this topic

If my husband or any other MENA man made sweeping generalizations about MENA women, I'd think he was a mindless, misognynistic tool. :star:

And, I'd realize that he was in essence, talking about his mother, grandmothers, sisters, aunt, female cousins, and any future daughters we may have together. :star:

definitely no bueno.

that's a deal breaker, not affirmation that you are a super, super special non-mena flower.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ok yes thats true I completely understand what you mean now. Somethings shouldnt be taken to heart.

It's not about saying anything bad. It's just that some MENA men will say things to American women about MENA women to make them feel good about themselves or whatever. You shouldn't take that stuff too seriously. Obviously MENA men don't know all MENA women to make a proper judgment call about how all MENA women are. For example, what you said about Moroccan women and how they don't show their personalities or what have you. Stuff like that shouldn't be taken too seriously. Sometimes the comparisons are meant to be compliments (ie you make a much better bastilla than my sister in law)and sometimes compliments are bs.

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

ok yes thats true I completely understand what you mean now. Somethings shouldnt be taken to heart.

or, you know, guys shouldn't say ####### like that. that's also an option.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One post removed and one post quoting it removed as requested by the poster.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

definitely no bueno.

that's a deal breaker, not affirmation that you are a super, super special non-mena flower.

Someone needs to change their member title to "super, super special non-mena flower."

My husband is not an idiot. That is what tends to make our love special.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Someone needs to change their member title to "super, super special non-mena flower."

My husband is not an idiot. That is what tends to make our love special.

well you bring a lot of awesome to it also.

i, like to think anyways, that i'm so fly, my husband doesn't have to put down anyone in order to give me compliments or tell me looks don't matter. i kinda like that he cares about some looks and that they happen to be mine :luv:

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

i, like to think anyways, that i'm so fly, my husband doesn't have to put down anyone in order to give me compliments or tell me looks don't matter. i kinda like that he cares about some looks and that they happen to be mine :luv:

Awww I am sure that is totally true!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

A-freaking-men.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

When I've ever asked my husband about Something Algerian couples do or Algerian women do, he reminds me he's never been married to an Algerian. He makes no assumptions based on his sisters or mom because a marital relationship is like no other relationship. I've been around MENA women to know they are generally no worse or better... Women are women everywhere. All with good and bad qualities.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:thumbs:

When I've ever asked my husband about Something Algerian couples do or Algerian women do, he reminds me he's never been married to an Algerian. He makes no assumptions based on his sisters or mom because a marital relationship is like no other relationship. I've been around MENA women to know they are generally no worse or better... Women are women everywhere. All with good and bad qualities.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I completely agree on respect, Imad always shows me respect and amazes me the way he knows how i am feeling just by looking at my eyes!!! LOL it's kind of sad that my ex whom I was with for 10 years and could actually stare at me everyday, didn't know how I was feeling, but a man from over 3,000 miles away and on a computer just knows by looking at my eyes that I have had a good day or not. He pays attention to everything and remembers things I have told him from over 2 years ago. He just wants to love me for me and doesn't care that i am over weight and tells me to him, i am beautiful. My favorite thing about him is his respect for his family and he always there to help his mom or grandmother or his sister. Family is #1. So really first and foremost I would have to say respect is what is different from moroccan men to american, I am not saying that all american don't show any, but really, there isn't too many left in this world. and I agree with Nish when she says if something ever happened with our relationship(Knock on wood) that I could never go back to an american man. I know in my heart we will never give up on each other though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

NO one is saying anything bad about MENA women compared to American women. Nething Neone says about neone should be taking with a block of salt as you say. but the conversation is mainly geared towards the difference between Mena men and American men for women in general.

You know I was just thinking, not once has Imad ever talked about the women of Morocco and why he didn't choose one of them instead. I guess I never really thought about asking him that, LOL I just have this over whelming sense of trust in him, lol The funny thing is, neither of us were even looking for anyone, we started out as friends and it just grew, like a lot of us here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.