abdelnish83

Just waiting waiting

52 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So while im waiting for our NOA2 I just wanted to start a topic about the love we experience with our Moroccan men. So heres the question: I know that everyone is special or different in their own way and ppl from different countries as a whole have their own unique culture qualities. But i feel there is a distinct difference between men from USA and in Morocco on a romantic level. Honestly, what do you think that difference is? We obviously have found a great love with our fiances or husbands. A type of love that most ppl on the outside don't understand, and initially think to themselves "Why cant she just find someone in the US." And if I put myself completely outside of the "box of love" I can say that it is a good question; a question that needs a long explanation but nonetheless a valid question. Like for me i feel like if anything ever happened with Abdel's and I's relationship and marriage where we weren't together anymore (knock on wood) I couldn't go back to dating American guys again. and I'm not knocking American guys, there are some good ones out there. but there is something about Moroccan men in general that I cant quite put my finger on. Based on your relationship with your man what do you think is the difference?

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I can't speak for all Nigerian men, but as for mine, I would have to say what I found in him that I did not find in the American men I have dated is the respect for family and marriage. My fiance is very caring and sensitive when it comes to me and how I feel. He listens when I talk. He can remember things I have told him months ago just in a passing conversation. When I walk down the street with him, I NEVER once saw him glance at another woman. I feel like I am the only woman on earth for him, as it should be.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Timeline

Yes I agree They do have a greater love and respect for family life and its something super important to maintaining a healthy family for future family relationship. and maybe I should repharse the question. I just posted in the morocco portal but this question goes for really any mena country. arabic/ african

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have gathered that as a result of men getting bonding and support from men and not women when they find a foreigner that willingly fills that role and you add sincere love and attention it is the best of both worlds. My husband always said that it was common knowledge and talk that local women do not fill that role not because they are not willing but because it is not a social norm. To him it was to hard to want to try when he had plenty of friends that had given it a go at marriage with locals and did not get the affection they wanted. I again am not speaking for Moroccan ladies simply stating what I found in conversation with my spouse and other Moroccan friends. Another difference is that Moroccan men are not as shallow about beauty and weight as American men. In general I find Moroccan men view a good wife as one that takes care of the home and the families needs (cooks, cleans, treat him well) but I also find that they are not hung up with female roles. My hubby helps me around the house all the time and still works. I have to say I am glad he has no desire to be Americanized. He does fellowship with church members and families not necessarily men.

I have a wonderful husband and completely understand what you mean.

Timeline

wow that was very insightful. really I definitely agree with u about Moroccan guys not being as picky as about a woman's beauty. I know its a hard question for some to answer and even for me to put into words, but yes my husband too has said that I'm different than any girl hes ever met and that sounds kinda lol cliche for a man to say lol but i find that it very well may be true. Women there simply don't carry on or show their personality as a women from USA would. Im sure they are great and have awesome personalities but just have learned through social norm what to do and what not to do, and American women just dont follow the same rules. I really hope some more ppl respond to this post. I'm really interested to know what makes a love with your foreigner different from just someone in America.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

for me,,,i would have to say that the one key difference is that my husband actually truly LISTENS AND HEARS EVERYTHING I SAY!! and he completely applies what he learns from listening to our lives everyday. he remembers how a certain situation affected our lives good or bad and he makes the changes that help our lives become a more peaceful loving partnership in all areas. he SHOWS how much he cares for US everyday in the way he listens, and truly hears and then shows understanding after LISTENING with such care. this is the huge difference in our lives. he doesnt need to be right .... he needs just to understand to help him know what path he takes to make our love stronger and stronger as the years go on. this makes me respect my husband like no other man in my life...because he has utmost respect for himself and it shines out in the way he shows his respect for another. he is more than wonderful and i feel so blessed to have another chance in life to love again.

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to MENA regional forum; topic is not about the spousal visa process.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

The CARE....I can see and feel how much he loves me in the care he shows me about everything I say and do. Everything is important to him, he doesn't brush off anything I say, and is right there "before" I ask him to help me with anything. He always wants to make sure I'm cared for and safe. But he isn't overbearing because he knows I'm a strong woman and can take care of myself (one of the things that attracted him about me) Also the respect and politeness that he shows every single person that he comes into contact with. My Moroccan husband is a gem. (L)

So while im waiting for our NOA2 I just wanted to start a topic about the love we experience with our Moroccan men. So heres the question: I know that everyone is special or different in their own way and ppl from different countries as a whole have their own unique culture qualities. But i feel there is a distinct difference between men from USA and in Morocco on a romantic level. Honestly, what do you think that difference is? We obviously have found a great love with our fiances or husbands. A type of love that most ppl on the outside don't understand, and initially think to themselves "Why cant she just find someone in the US." And if I put myself completely outside of the "box of love" I can say that it is a good question; a question that needs a long explanation but nonetheless a valid question. Like for me i feel like if anything ever happened with Abdel's and I's relationship and marriage where we weren't together anymore (knock on wood) I couldn't go back to dating American guys again. and I'm not knocking American guys, there are some good ones out there. but there is something about Moroccan men in general that I cant quite put my finger on. Based on your relationship with your man what do you think is the difference?

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

MENA men seem to be more "romantic" about everything in life. I don't think that MENA men don't care about looks - everyone cares about looks to some degree. I just think that some ppl care more about other things (personality, behavior, manners, etc.) moreso than looks. It's not just Moroccan men, it's MENA. That doesn't mean all MENA men are alike it's just that the majority seem to be this way. That being said, not all MENA men are doting and attentive. My ex is MENA and he was neither of those things nor was he terribly romantic. He's very driven when it comes to work and making money. To him a wife is just someone who cooks and takes care of the kids and home. And...yanno...the other stuff. ;) Basically he doesn't view a wife as a life partner but more as a tool, so to speak. Hence why he is the ex. :)

Edited by Mithra

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

NO one is saying anything bad about MENA women compared to American women. Nething Neone says about neone should be taking with a block of salt as you say. but the conversation is mainly geared towards the difference between Mena men and American men for women in general.

I'd take what a lot of MENA guys say to American woman about MENA women with a huge, huge block of salt.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's not about saying anything bad. It's just that some MENA men will say things to American women about MENA women to make them feel good about themselves or whatever. You shouldn't take that stuff too seriously. Obviously MENA men don't know all MENA women to make a proper judgment call about how all MENA women are. For example, what you said about Moroccan women and how they don't show their personalities or what have you. Stuff like that shouldn't be taken too seriously. Sometimes the comparisons are meant to be compliments (ie you make a much better bastilla than my sister in law)and sometimes compliments are bs.

Edited by Mithra

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

wow that was very insightful. really I definitely agree with u about Moroccan guys not being as picky as about a woman's beauty. I know its a hard question for some to answer and even for me to put into words, but yes my husband too has said that I'm different than any girl hes ever met and that sounds kinda lol cliche for a man to say lol but i find that it very well may be true. Women there simply don't carry on or show their personality as a women from USA would. Im sure they are great and have awesome personalities but just have learned through social norm what to do and what not to do, and American women just dont follow the same rules. I really hope some more ppl respond to this post. I'm really interested to know what makes a love with your foreigner different from just someone in America.

Nothing like broad brush strokes and generalizations. :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.