zapatosfeos

We did it !!!!! K-1 Visa approved !!!

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Congratulations, si man! :)

Now, amidst so much else to do in a short time, have him get official copies of every document that would be inconvenient, expensive, or impossible to procure once he's in the U.S.: multiple copies of his birth certificate; school transcripts; professional certifications; divorce certificate if applicable; medical records (a vaccination list, stamped by his physician or clinic, can be invaluable); and anything else that you can think of.

If possible, have him renew his Peruano driver's license NOW for the longest term possible -- or, if he doesn't drive, have him do everything in his power to earn one. You'll both appreciate this later, trust me, si man.

Thanks TBone !!! This is awesome advice, I will tell him immediately to start getting these documents together. I would have never thought of this. :bonk:

sad_love_quote_13.gif

event.png[/img]

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

CONGRATS! i hear wedding bells already! :D

I will tell you something funny... I told him that yesterday, but he says he will not hear them until he sees them, because I went to Peru Sept last year with the intention of marrying him (we have known each other all our lives, but at the point I had not seen him in 6 or 7 years, except through Skype) well everything was ready for us to get married, even his sister flew in from DC for that, and a couple days before I flew to Peru I got cold feet. I was scared and told him I wanted to see him in person and make sre that what we felt was still real. Well, he was not very happy about it, but he is always willing to make me happy, and ofcourse understood the way I felt. So, I went to Peru and for 2 weeks, we had some great talks and he met my daughter and we reconnected jst as we always did ! So when we came back home, I filed for K-1 a month later. Now, we have a date to get married, but he wont believe it until I go through with it and he loves to constantly remind me about it, lol But anyways, maybe this story is just funny and amusing to me, sorry, but the moral is I HEAR WEDDING BELLS TOO !!!! LOL :rofl:

sad_love_quote_13.gif

event.png[/img]

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

congrats

01-26-12 - Sent the I-129f to TX

02-02-12 - NOA1

06-19-12 - NOA2

08-13-12 - Approved!

11-02-12 - Filed for AOS

11-07-12 - NOA1

12-03-12 - Biometrics

2013.pngMake a pregnancy ticker

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

congrats!!!

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.