rlogan

My Philippina's Driving Lessons.

68 posts in this topic

Are you sure your wife is Pinay?

There is some truth, and some hyperbole, in both posts.

Perhaps this is what your wife does....my wife does not. Please do not assume my

wife behaves like yours in every way.

Fixxored. :)

I'm not buying the hyperbole alibi. Example...Americans have a world PR problem because they are a Christian country. Christians despise the teachings of Islam. That's why they burn Korans.

I understand...American public education has room for improvement but...this isn't a grammar problem. It's (imo) an identitification / ownership problem. Example...someone experiences a...hmmmm...scary event...that someone describes the event by stating...."you" could feel....the perspective becomes second / third person...I... did not feel anything...the some1 did......why second person? A few probable reasons but....projection, imo...main motivator

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Are you suffering from multiple accounts on the same computer syndrome? :whistle:

SCS...Didn't realize the "private browser" was open (with Asawa Ko signed in) until after I posted. :oops:

Please take care not to make generalized stereotyped comments as if all women from the Philippines are the same. If you are talking about your own personal experience, please use personal pronouns and possessives rather than the general 'they' that implies painting everyone with the same brush.

One post has been modified to reflect the poster's personal experience and remove the 'all are the same' type of stereotype. Topic title has also been modified to reflect the more accurate personal experience of the OP.

Thanks Kathryn. :thumbs:

One post addressing the above issue has been removed as it is no longer applicable and could be confusing.

Well...that's a bucket of cold water. :lol:

OK.. :star: for you. :)

Please take care not to make generalized stereotyped comments as if all women from the Philippines are the same. If you are talking about your own personal experience, please use personal pronouns and possessives rather than the general 'they' that implies painting everyone with the same brush.

One post has been modified to reflect the poster's personal experience and remove the 'all are the same' type of stereotype. Topic title has also been modified to reflect the more accurate personal experience of the OP. One post addressing the above issue has been removed as it is no longer applicable and could be confusing.

Thanks a lot, Kathryn. :thumbs:

SCS...Didn't realize the "private browser" was open (with Asawa Ko signed in) until after I posted. :oops:

Honey, be alert and don't use my account to post. OK? :)

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Timeline

Honey, be alert and don't use my account to post. OK? :)

Ask hubby for a netbook computer for Mother's Day. That solves a lot of issues around here, and the wife has someplace other than my office computer to store all her pictures. It fits in a medium purse, is handy at hot spots, and sharing stuff with her friends.

Edited by ☼

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Slow Down.

SLOW DOWN!

SLOW DOWN!!!

SLOW DOWN!!!!

PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE BRAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow so many negative things about Filipina learning to drive. I gave my wife driving lesson and she did extremely well. I wonder if the problem is the person teaching? Maybe it has to do because I am a very careful person driving, patient, and good at explaining thing.

But I hear most men complaning about teaching their wife how to drive. It makes me feel maybe the teacher needs to learn to teach? :bonk:

Filed: Timeline

Wow so many negative things about Filipina learning to drive. I gave my wife driving lesson and she did extremely well. I wonder if the problem is the person teaching? Maybe it has to do because I am a very careful person driving, patient, and good at explaining thing.

But I hear most men complaning about teaching their wife how to drive. It makes me feel maybe the teacher needs to learn to teach? :bonk:

Shirley, you jest. :whistle:

Shirley.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife was the opposite ... I had to tell her to speed up all the time. I feel sorry for those who are stuck behind her.

I spent $500 on driving lessons for her. Well worth it - I got way too frustrated trying to teach her myself. :wacko:

I bet that is one of the best spent $500. I plan on having my fiancee take paid driving lessons since that will be less stress on the relationship. And as the examples on this thread shows most of us may not be good teachers :rofl:

Edited by kennard

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

I taught my wife to drive. She is a safer driver than me now. But it was scary teaching her. I guess it was good practice for in 14 years when we teach our son to drive.....

Timeline

Amazing how you guys can't handle such an easy task of teaching your wife how to drive. In our case, it has been a total success experience. (L)

I bought her car so that she can start getting used to it. After my wife obtained her driving permit, I gave her driving lessons on private premisses so that she could get

used to the steering wheel, braking, accelerating, and so forth. Then, I took her around our neighbor Whenever we go to the stores, I let drive.

Now that I feel comfortable with her driving skill, I took her to the most 'curvy' roads on our area. I was a bit nerveous but sooner or later she wil have to learn.

The problem with that place is many cars, many motorcycles, very tight lane, and one lane on each side of the road. There is no time for mistake. Any mistake you do,

you will be in trouble. This is on the side of a mountain. I wonder if I made a mistake giving her the wheel? You can judge. I made a video.

Before I schedule her exam, I wanted her to drive there first.

She is ready for her exam now. :)

Timeline

One post has been modified to reflect the poster's personal experience and remove the 'all are the same' type of stereotype. Topic title has also been modified to reflect the more accurate personal experience of the OP. One post addressing the above issue has been removed as it is no longer applicable and could be confusing.

About time :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Asawa ko has been letting me know the color of lights as soon as she sees them. And I have been having her watch cars and intersections. Start telling me what she would do in a situation. I have been teaching her the IPDE method.

Identify problems

Predict Issues - what others MAY do.

Determine best course of action to avoid issues

Execute the plan

I have been having her watch the driving and start predicting how SHE would re-act to things. Using this time to teach her good methods and point out what caused other issues. We have gone by many accidents in my area recently, we have discussed what caused the accident. How each person was at fault, not just one person.

Her and i have agreed to wait until after the baby is born before starting her driving. So I have about 10 weeks left to prepare...... She is studying for her learner's permit now.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.