Timeline

The other thing is I have been learning words in her language for:

left

right

stop

brake

green

red

yellow --> this means slow down and stop... not speed up.

ugly

beautiful

this way it takes less time for her to process instructions. Her concentration may be on driving and not on processing English to Visayan (or tagalog)

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This topic is kind of laughable. If you know your wife well, you know how she likes to be taught, you know how she likes things to be explained to her. There is no issue in teaching her a new skill, hence driving.

If you know your ABC, it is not that difficult to teach other the ABC :) But if you don't know your abc, I agree. Go ahead and waste your money asking other to teach your wife the ABC :rofl:

Timeline

This is Phase II of the bumper modification program. She ripped the bumper off backing up into the plow truck. You can see the twisted-up metal that used to hold the old bumper. Incredibly flimsy. When I'm done with this we'll ram one of the junk cars laying around and see what kind of ooomph it's got.

IMG_1143.JPG

This is an off-road mini-logging truck. She's got a car for driving.

Edited by rlogan

Filed: Timeline

This is Phase II of the bumper modification program. She ripped the bumper off backing up into the plow truck. You can see the twisted-up metal that used to hold the old bumper. Incredibly flimsy. When I'm done with this we'll ram one of the junk cars laying around and see what kind of ooomph it's got.

IMG_1143.JPG

This is an off-road mini-logging truck. She's got a car for driving.

I am surprised you had that much damage to your Toyota. The wife took out several large shrubs on the side of the road with only minor scratches, a section of snow fence along the driveway, again minor scratches, and plowed into the side of a road cut, accelerator planted firmly to the floorboard thinking it was the brake, tires spinning, throwing gravel, the area full of smoke and the smell of burning rubber, again, just some minor damage to the bumper cover. It was only when she t-boned another car when she turned a little late entering a driveway, that I had to break out the come-along and big hammers to keep the bumper from rubbing on the front tire. I took the car away from her and sold it for $900. I don't think that Toyota 4runner was lucky for her.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This topic is kind of laughable. If you know your wife well, you know how she likes to be taught, you know how she likes things to be explained to her. There is no issue in teaching her a new skill, hence driving.

If you know your ABC, it is not that difficult to teach other the ABC :) But if you don't know your abc, I agree. Go ahead and waste your money asking other to teach your wife the ABC :rofl:

everybody is taught differently and in different ways....her culture and how things are done is vastly different then our culture.... the problem is the "scare" of the situation. Also remember. not everyone learned their ABC's the same way, or the right way. If you learned how to drive which worked for you, and may work for your kids, but may not always work for others.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Maybe I'm just being naive, but I really don't see this problem with Love. She's incredibly smart and attentive. Also, I am super meticulous and detailed in my explanations and am extremely patient in anything I am trying to explain to her. Driving in the US is more about following rules than anything else. If you hold to the rules all is fine. Obey the law, obey distances, obey precautions and know action and reaction (AKA Defensive Driving Protocol). She has tons of common sense and in many ways I believe she is an over all better and more intelligent person than I am. I have been driving since I was 13 and my only problems were in my hot headed teenage years. She's a grown woman, I know she's got this in the bag.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2011-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-12-13

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-02

NVC Received : 2012-04-06

NVC Left : 2012-04-17

Interview Date : 2012-05-09

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2012-05-18

US Entry : 2012-06-01

Marriage : 2012-06-08

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 111 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 148 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Timeline

Maybe I'm just being naive, but I really don't see this problem with Love. She's incredibly smart and attentive. Also, I am super meticulous and detailed in my explanations and am extremely patient in anything I am trying to explain to her. Driving in the US is more about following rules than anything else. If you hold to the rules all is fine. Obey the law, obey distances, obey precautions and know action and reaction (AKA Defensive Driving Protocol). She has tons of common sense and in many ways I believe she is an over all better and more intelligent person than I am. I have been driving since I was 13 and my only problems were in my hot headed teenage years. She's a grown woman, I know she's got this in the bag.

sounds like you managed to "marry up" and find someone better then you..... congrats. Hopefully, she will keep on tolerating your "shortfalls" while helping you to know when to "come out of the rain" common sense. Glad she has done so well....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

sounds like you managed to "marry up" and find someone better then you..... congrats. Hopefully, she will keep on tolerating your "shortfalls" while helping you to know when to "come out of the rain" common sense. Glad she has done so well....

In no way was I saying that I have no common sense. In fact I would say that I have an abundance. Which you would most definitely need to do any kind of IT and Network admin work. I just happened to be attracted to someone with a like mind. I wasn't after marrying a child. What I wanted was an equal to share my life with. My shortfalls would be over analysation and attentiveness to situations that border on an OCD. However this makes me extremely organized and helps me to reach logical conclusions to things that would escape some people.

So when I say that in many ways I believe she is over all better and more intelligent person than I am ...... What I am saying is that she is a great and smart woman and I don't foresee any problems with her accomplishing something as simple as driving, and doing it much better than the thousands of teenagers we license every year.

Edited by Shane and Lovely

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Timeline

I am surprised you had that much damage to your Toyota. The wife took out several large shrubs

She ran into our plow truck, not shrubs. Backing up. Ripped the bumper off.

This is the big fix. :DIMG_1149.JPG

If she hits you with this thing, it's going to leave a mark.

Timeline

She ran into our plow truck, not shrubs. Backing up. Ripped the bumper off.

This is the big fix. :DIMG_1149.JPG

If she hits you with this thing, it's going to leave a mark.

guess the key is, make sure to tell her when she is NOT driving the vehicle....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does it make him less than a man of what you think you are because he married someone better than his self? I don't think she needs to tolerate his shortfall because I am pretty sure that she accepted him for who he is because she loves him.

You got a lot of machismo there. LoL.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just happened to be attracted to someone with a like mind. I wasn't after marrying a child. What I wanted was an equal to share my life with. My shortfalls would be over analysation and attentiveness to situations that border on an OCD.

So when I say that in many ways I believe she is over all better and more intelligent person than I am ...... What I am saying is that she is a great and smart woman and I don't foresee any problems with her accomplishing something as simple as driving, and doing it much better than the thousands of teenagers we license every year.

Agree to this 100%!!! Hahaha. Same reasonings, I heard from my husband, esp when I have to be a breadwinner and he has to be a student. I didn't feel bad for him as social morm, man is supposedly a breadwinner.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

Agree to this 100%!!! Hahaha. Same reasonings, I heard from my husband, esp when I have to be a breadwinner and he has to be a student. I didn't feel bad for him as social morm, man is supposedly a breadwinner.

Social norm is outdated, and good for you that you are able to accomplish this. I'm tired of people categorizing others by sex, race, nationality, creed or social status. Marriage above all things is about working together the betterment and happiness of both and helping each other to be better people. You cease to be two people and become one. So what does it matter if you are the right hand or the left hand. Both are equal and each are parts of the whole. Whatever one does, both benefit. The thing is that Love fills the missing pieces of me, we are perfect for each other on an emotional, intellectual, spiritual and physical level. Like I said, I was looking for an equal. All in all she makes me a better man.

Ok enough ranting. I'm sure Love would tell me to relax right now, that I can't change the world by willing it be so. Hehehehehe

Edited by Shane and Lovely

K1 Visa

Event Date

Processing

Timeline

My way of thinking too. I didn't have any issue with my wife. As a matter of fact, it is kind of fun teaching her how to drive. The way she asks me questions about rules and things like that. So far she is doing great. We already scheduled her driven test :)

It is a away to get to know each other in another level. Since both need to be in the same peaceful and relax state of mind.

I really don't why some people make a big deal out of it. I just don't get it.

In no way was I saying that I have no common sense. In fact I would say that I have an abundance. Which you would most definitely need to do any kind of IT and Network admin work. I just happened to be attracted to someone with a like mind. I wasn't after marrying a child. What I wanted was an equal to share my life with. My shortfalls would be over analysation and attentiveness to situations that border on an OCD. However this makes me extremely organized and helps me to reach logical conclusions to things that would escape some people.

ouch...

Edited by sunandmoon

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.