jkb11

I-134 info

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi,

I have a question regarding I-134, that I didn't manage to answer by reading any guides. Let's say my sponsor provides their employement info and annual gross income (which is considerably more than sufficient) and attaches proper evidence (W2, 1040, letter, pay stubs). In such case, can they just skip the rest of the bullet points (fill them out with N/A), such as deposits in savings banks, personal property of reasonable value, stock, bonds, etc?

Another question: I understand there's some discussion regarding the proper way of answering question 11. Some of you here advise to check "do not intend" and type in "N/A" in the description field, while others say otherwise, to check "intend" and make something up in the description field. What is the way to go here?

Cheers!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

For question 11, look at the example form. http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

It can be skipped... what they matter is that the sponsor has enough to support and the proofs of it.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Hi,

I have a question regarding I-134, that I didn't manage to answer by reading any guides. Let's say my sponsor provides their employement info and annual gross income (which is considerably more than sufficient) and attaches proper evidence (W2, 1040, letter, pay stubs). In such case, can they just skip the rest of the bullet points (fill them out with N/A), such as deposits in savings banks, personal property of reasonable value, stock, bonds, etc?

I answered them all to my best knowledge and attached supporting documents. My understanding is that they will not care about other assets unless income requirement isn't met.

Another question: I understand there's some discussion regarding the proper way of answering question 11. Some of you here advise to check "do not intend" and type in "N/A" in the description field, while others say otherwise, to check "intend" and make something up in the description field. What is the way to go here?

Cheers!

I checked "intend" and wrote a brief note regarding K1 expenses. We'll have the interview on May 7th in Warsaw so if you're interested in how these answers will have been reviewed by the officers, ping me.

Timeline

I answered them all to my best knowledge and attached supporting documents. My understanding is that they will not care about other assets unless income requirement isn't met.

I checked "intend" and wrote a brief note regarding K1 expenses. We'll have the interview on May 7th in Warsaw so if you're interested in how these answers will have been reviewed by the officers, ping me.

Alright, thanks a lot, I would be grateful for such review :)

Cheers!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For question 11 on the I-134 form, check "Intend" and for the notes write "ALL EXPENSES AS NECESSARY." or "ALL NECESSARY EXPENSES AS NEEDED." or "ALL NECESSARY EXPENSES WHEN NEEDED."

You want to show that you are going to provide whatever financial support needed when it is needed; I personally chose my "ALL EXPENSES AS NECESSARY." It's short and sweet, says it all.

Timeline

For question 11 on the I-134 form, check "Intend" and for the notes write "ALL EXPENSES AS NECESSARY." or "ALL NECESSARY EXPENSES AS NEEDED." or "ALL NECESSARY EXPENSES WHEN NEEDED."

You want to show that you are going to provide whatever financial support needed when it is needed; I personally chose my "ALL EXPENSES AS NECESSARY." It's short and sweet, says it all.

Thanks, that's a good advice! :)

Cheers!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,

Cheers!

If your income is 125% of the poverty level or higher, then leave all the questions about assets blank. No need to fill in anything there, or provide bank statements and such. You only need to fill those out if you need to use assets to make up a shortcoming in current income.

#11 of the I-134 can be filled out just like it appears on the example form here on VJ. Do not check either box and write: "N/A ( K1 visa process for permanent residence )" http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Hi,

Cheers!

You can also cross them with lines. They never even took a peek at ours when we did our interview. Warszawa is relatively simple. Our (and several other couples reported similarly) interviews took a grand total of 10 minutes and 3 questions. Not saying that you should not prepare documentation, pictures, etc, as you would normally. We didn't have have a book, but had samples of e-mails, 3-4 pics, a few receipts (i had moneygrammed some $ to pay expenses and the interview fee), additional boarding passes/itineraries from the airline web site as well as the documentation supporting the 134 (letter from my company, couple of pay stubs and tax transcripts), essentially what VJ guides advices; as in your case, my gross is considerable higher than what is required. The only 'real' question was how did we communicate (the question was related to languages), the answer was that we speak a mix of Polish, English, German and Spanish and that Polish and Spanish are more similar than you would think, as we understand a lot of words and phrases because both languages draw a lot from Latin. In that sense, we were probably an unusual case in that Embassy.

Mine was the intend box and in the wording, 'Room, board, healthcare and any other expense suitable to supporting a spouse'

Timeline

You can also cross them with lines. They never even took a peek at ours when we did our interview. Warszawa is relatively simple. Our (and several other couples reported similarly) interviews took a grand total of 10 minutes and 3 questions. Not saying that you should not prepare documentation, pictures, etc, as you would normally. We didn't have have a book, but had samples of e-mails, 3-4 pics, a few receipts (i had moneygrammed some $ to pay expenses and the interview fee), additional boarding passes/itineraries from the airline web site as well as the documentation supporting the 134 (letter from my company, couple of pay stubs and tax transcripts), essentially what VJ guides advices; as in your case, my gross is considerable higher than what is required. The only 'real' question was how did we communicate (the question was related to languages), the answer was that we speak a mix of Polish, English, German and Spanish and that Polish and Spanish are more similar than you would think, as we understand a lot of words and phrases because both languages draw a lot from Latin. In that sense, we were probably an unusual case in that Embassy.

I'm not intending of bringing too much evidence. I will have my fiancee with me at the interview, I hope that helps ;) But I want to be sure the paperwork is in order, that's why I'm asking about it.

Mine was the intend box and in the wording, 'Room, board, healthcare and any other expense suitable to supporting a spouse'

Yeah, that's probably something we'll do.

Cheers!

I'm not intending of bringing too much evidence. I will have my fiancee with me at the interview, I hope that helps ;) But I want to be sure the paperwork is in order, that's why I'm asking about it.

I was not present at interview, work schedule and the certainty that was not really needed decided that.

I'd say good luck, but I really think is not needed, you'll be fine. BTW, visa is delivered a few days later.

One other piece of info for later: I booked British Airways one way from Warsaw to Houston stopover in London with miles I had. My 'co-pay' was $200; you might want to start looking at fares as they get higher by end of May and until September. Also, you probably know this, but here it goes anyway, European web sites seem to have better deals than US ones, but be aware of transaction fees if the fare is in Euros.

Timeline

Well, we decided not to get separated during the process, that's why we get her a long stay visa to Poland, so she can be there with me no mater what. We know it's not neccessary for the interview, but since she's gonna be in Poland anyway, then why not? Definitely can't harm to have her with me :)

Thanks for the airfare advice. I know of many ways of looking for proper, specific fares, though :) Good planning will probably let us fly there in business class for pennies :P

Cheers!

Thanks for the airfare advice. I know of many ways of looking for proper, specific fares, though :) Good planning will probably let us fly there in business class for pennies :P

care to share the tips? i've used expedia, orbitz, kayak, cheapoair etc. and expedia seems to have given the best combination of price and flight time. mostly via lufthansa as they fly to katowice and san francisco.

Timeline

care to share the tips? i've used expedia, orbitz, kayak, cheapoair etc. and expedia seems to have given the best combination of price and flight time. mostly via lufthansa as they fly to katowice and san francisco.

Well, my goal when buying tickets is not to get the cheapest ones available, but to make a purchase that yields the most Miles Per Dollar possible. Sometimes the difference between ticket prices is as low as a few bucks between 0/50% and 100% mileage credit fares, but neither airlines nor the cheap-ticket websites care to expose the latter ones (it's simply not in their interest). The more status miles the better - free flights, upgrades and ofc, FF status. With carefully selecting my fares I easily managed to get to Miles and More (Lufthansa, Swiss, LOT) Senator status.

The tools I use include the KVS tool and the ExpertFlyer website. I carefully analyze the fares, fare bases, prices, routing, flight and upgrade availability on various dates to ensure the optimal MPD value.

Considering all the above factors, I hardly ever use online booking utilities. Instead, I contact either the airlines or ticketing agencies directly, provide them with all the details of my trip (dates, routing, farebase) and purchase my tickets that way.

Cheers!

Well, my goal when buying tickets is not to get the cheapest ones available, but to make a purchase that yields the most Miles Per Dollar possible. Sometimes the difference between ticket prices is as low as a few bucks between 0/50% and 100% mileage credit fares, but neither airlines nor the cheap-ticket websites care to expose the latter ones (it's simply not in their interest). The more status miles the better - free flights, upgrades and ofc, FF status. With carefully selecting my fares I easily managed to get to Miles and More (Lufthansa, Swiss, LOT) Senator status.

The tools I use include the KVS tool and the ExpertFlyer website. I carefully analyze the fares, fare bases, prices, routing, flight and upgrade availability on various dates to ensure the optimal MPD value.

Considering all the above factors, I hardly ever use online booking utilities. Instead, I contact either the airlines or ticketing agencies directly, provide them with all the details of my trip (dates, routing, farebase) and purchase my tickets that way.

Cheers!

For lowest fares, add Farecompare (farecompare.com); check Kayak in their european sites, I use Kayak Spain which links to other European sites and generally flying West gets better fares than US sites.

For miles/quality of travel I use First Class Flyer, they have good strategies and deal finds that beat anyone. It's a subscription site and is not meant for lowest fare but instead to locate good fares in business or first with the understanding you are not looking for lowest fare possible. I don't work for them nor this is advertising but I've use their tips often and been able to fly business and even first at slightly higher price than coach as well as maximize miles intake and usage (more into jkb11 strategy). Some of the things they've came up with are incredible, all legit and do work, I have used them myself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.