jkb11

I-134 info

23 posts in this topic

Well, we decided not to get separated during the process, that's why we get her a long stay visa to Poland, so she can be there with me no mater what. We know it's not neccessary for the interview, but since she's gonna be in Poland anyway, then why not? Definitely can't harm to have her with me :)

Thanks for the airfare advice. I know of many ways of looking for proper, specific fares, though :) Good planning will probably let us fly there in business class for pennies :P

Cheers!

Absolutely understand. Wish I'd had the flexibility at work to be in Poland and help with the interview and preparations for the move.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Alright, so we have completed the I-134, but just want to ask a few questions to be sure all bases are covered:

1. We will only submit the I-134 of co-sponsor at the interview, as my fiance's income is not sufficient. Is that okay?

2. Since the co-sponsor is my future mother in law, in Item 3, "Relationship to sponsor", we put "Fiance of Daughter". Is that fine or should we put "None" instead?

3. As she meets the poverty guidelines, in Item 7, we only filled out the employment information and the annual income amount. We left all the other fields (savings, assets, real estate, etc.) empty. I hope this is allowed if we only plan on using income?

4. Item 11, we checked "Intend" and put in "All expenses as neccessary". Should we be more specific?

5. As supporting documentation, we have the letter of employment, last 4 pay stubs (issued every fortnight) and tax transcripts from years 09-11. No W-2's. Should that be enough or do we need something else?

Thanks for your advice!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Alright, so we have completed the I-134, but just want to ask a few questions to be sure all bases are covered:

1. We will only submit the I-134 of co-sponsor at the interview, as my fiance's income is not sufficient. Is that okay?

2. Since the co-sponsor is my future mother in law, in Item 3, "Relationship to sponsor", we put "Fiance of Daughter". Is that fine or should we put "None" instead?

3. As she meets the poverty guidelines, in Item 7, we only filled out the employment information and the annual income amount. We left all the other fields (savings, assets, real estate, etc.) empty. I hope this is allowed if we only plan on using income?

4. Item 11, we checked "Intend" and put in "All expenses as neccessary". Should we be more specific?

5. As supporting documentation, we have the letter of employment, last 4 pay stubs (issued every fortnight) and tax transcripts from years 09-11. No W-2's. Should that be enough or do we need something else?

Thanks for your advice!

1.) No, that is not okay. The petitioner is the primary sponsor and must supply an I-134, even if they make zero income.

2.) That is fine.

3.) Yes. No need to fill in the assets section if the income is more than enough.

4.) That is fine.

5.) If you got tax transcripts from the IRS, then no need to include the W-2s.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

One more thing... since the transcripts I got from her mom show that they filed jointly, do I need to have her husband as a co-sponsor too?

Cheers!

No. There can only be one co-sponsor with the I-134. List her mom's individual income on the form (can be found on her W-2), even when using taxes that were filed jointly.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Alright, thanks a lot, I would be grateful for such review :)

Cheers!

well, the consular officer just briefly looked at the i-134, ds-156, and ds-156k. she didn't even request for any supporting documents even paula had them ready. i guess warsaw embassy is really easy or that they already knew everything about us through the previous background check.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.