isadoramd

I-751 - Few worries

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

I have to start thinking about filing my I751 - for money reasons and because I didn't think it would be a problem we have decided to try doing it without a lawyer.

Finding evidence isn't a problem - we have life insurance, joint bills, joint cards, joint checking, pictures etc BUT

I am worried/have questions about a couple of things and was hoping to get some advice.

1. My mother bought our house for us as a wedding gift - she has had some bad marriages so has said we cannot transfer it into joint names until our first kid or our 5 year anniversary. We have a ton of things showing we live here but the deed itself is in just my name.

2. Hubby got a DUI so our insurance company won't insure him (we have emails where we are trying to get them to insure him). They insure everything else for us but he has his own separate car policy. Should I shop around and see if I can find something we can both be on together? Just worried it might work out more expensive.

3. The biggest worry is not even thinking about this process we elected to file our last 2 joint tax statements using his work address (the first two were to our home address but then we were moving/remodeling etc) and it seemed like the safest way to do it. Not I'm worried that it will look strange.

Does anyone have advice? Should I just explain these things in the cover letter - or do I just not point it out and see what happens.

I have used these forums to give me strength through the last few years but this is my first time posting so I'm sorry if I do something wrong :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Many people have only 1 spouses name on the house/ property/apartment. Include a letter explaining.

Include a letter explaining the reasoning behind the taxes due to the remodeling.

Car insurance is not a big deal, its not one of the main things looked at. You can forgo this evidence. Shared home/ taxes/ Life ins / medical ins / shared bank / credit cards are higher up on the wanted list than car ins.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1. I'm not on the deed either and we bought the house after we were married. it's really not a huge deal for us it's cause I'm not on the mortgage (no credit history means our interest rate would suck) but I AM listed as his spouse on the paperwork for survivorship reasons I would think. I wouldn't bother addressing it. If you get an interview and I would talk about it then.

2. Also not a big deal. Sometimes it's cheaper to have separate policies or maybe it's a work car or something. I wouldn't bother addressing this either. Again if you get an interview (or an RFE) I would address it then

3. You filed joint taxes with the same address, the address on the form doesn't matter.

I wouldn't worry at all as long as you have evidence of joint bank accounts, joint bills, same address etc.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As was mentioned above, just write explanations for why things are this way.

Do you have a title for your car with both of your names on? Just try and give them as much as you can that has both of your names on that shows your address, copies of your drivers licenses are good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.