eri-ola

How to bring my aunt to USA

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My aunt who currently leaves in Greece, where the economy is so bad and there are no jobs, want to come to America. Could someone guide me through the steps and the process how to bring her here please. Thank you in advance for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

US Boyfriend?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

aunts cannot be petitioned for.

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The only path from you to your aunt is

You become a USC.

You petition the parent that is the aunts sibling

that parent becones as USC after 5 years

Your parent files a sibling petition where the wait is over 10 years.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

As people have said, it would take a chain of people to get her over and even that would take many, many years. If your Aunt wants a better economic situation than Greece (and is a Citizen of an EU country), maybe she can look around and see if there is another EU country she can move to that would improve her economic system. I'm not 100% sure on this, but if you are an EU Citizen then I don't think you need a visa or work permit to work in another EU country. But your Aunt should check that out with the country before she moves, if she considers this plan.

She has options, but not really in the US (at least not for a long, long time), unless she is engaged-to-be-married to or actually married to a US Citizen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.