Dana and Divine

AIRLINE TICKETS!!!

20 posts in this topic

I was looking for airline tickets today for me and two of my friends going to Nigeria. I am married to a Nigerian, my friends are engaged and meeting their fiancees for the first time. My first trip was around $1200, my second, earlier this year, was around $1000. Now everything, no matter how far out I look for the remainder of the year is approximately $2000! WOW...that's a huge jump in price. Does anyone know of a cheaper flight from the US to Nigeria?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was looking for airline tickets today for me and two of my friends going to Nigeria. I am married to a Nigerian, my friends are engaged and meeting their fiancees for the first time. My first trip was around $1200, my second, earlier this year, was around $1000. Now everything, no matter how far out I look for the remainder of the year is approximately $2000! WOW...that's a huge jump in price. Does anyone know of a cheaper flight from the US to Nigeria?

Use this site www.cheaptickets.com

07-17-2011: Marriage

10-31-2011: Mailed I-130

11-02-2011: NOA1

03-07-2012: NOA2

03-23-2012: Paid AOS and IV fees

04-02-2012: Mailed IV and AOS

04-12-2012: Case Completed at NVC, forwarded to Embassy

05-23-2012: Interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Don't expect the tickets to get any cheaper until late Aug. cos right now its summer and everybody is traveling. The cheapest time to travel to Nigeria is Feb. after all the holidays and vacations have passed. But the tickets will be cheaper than $2,000 in Aug.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I used cheapoair.com in Feb and paid 795.00 RT JFK to Lagos on Arik Air. I know that when I plan to travel the end of Aug the prices will be higher, 1200+. Hopefully I will score a deal with Arik Air again.

Timeline

It depends on where you are flying from....

Sometimes it is cheaper to fly out of a airline hub-city (New York, Atlanta, Chicago, LAX, etc.). I am in the midwest but flying out of New York is much cheaper. I have found it is sometimes cheaper for me to find a domestic flight to New York and then book my New York to Nigeria flight separately. Just be sure to give yourself enough cushion for connections, delays etc.--especially if booking on different airlines.

I use www.vayama.com to compare rates and then usually go to the airlines site directly to book.

Timeline

You just went earlier this year and now you are going right back? The year has just began, you should give him some time to miss you Lol! But then again love makes you do crazy things.

Timeline

at least ur going to see someone you love it doesn't matter how much it costs

Cost always matter when you are leaving your country to go abroad. Dont be sorry be safe and plan your budget well. especially if you are traveling alone.

Cost always matter when you are leaving your country to go abroad. Dont be sorry be safe and plan your budget well. especially if you are traveling alone.

:

Thank you all for your help! You have all given me many resources to find cheaper tickets and better times to take the trip. I guess the girls and I have homework tonight. :D ~Dana

Timeline

Not sure where you are flying from but I was looking at tickets on Delta website for a trip in September and they were 1300 round trip with one stop in Atlanta then Lagos... Some times the airline sites are cheaper than the vacation sites

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Not sure where you are flying from but I was looking at tickets on Delta website for a trip in September and they were 1300 round trip with one stop in Atlanta then Lagos... Some times the airline sites are cheaper than the vacation sites

Thank you for this information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.