mrsbourffada

There must be a catch...

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

How about a little humorous sarcasm? I was completely kidding Tany. Bu if OP finds a legal way I'm in. :thumbs:

Hahahahahaha I'm sorry lady :bonk: I did realize afterwards that you couldn't be THAT naive. Its hard to read sarcasm, so much easier hearing it...So my apologies for being thick this evening

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Even if one applies for a visitor visa...Isnt there somewhere on the visitor visa where you have to check your intentions and it would EITHER be visiting for pleasure or immigration then there is conflict?

There is no conflict. If there was, then no one could get a visitor visa with a pending immigration application. We know this is not true since lots of people visit the US with a pending immigration application.

There is no conflict if he intends to visit and leave on the visitor visa. He does not intend to immigrate on that entry which means he has no conflict. His intention will be to immigrate on a later trip IF he is granted an immigration visa. So, there is no conflict on his visit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

@ Arron2020~YOUR Answer was this....There is no conflict if he intends to visit and leave on the visitor visa. He does not intend to immigrate on that entry which means he has no conflict. His intention will be to immigrate on a later trip IF he is granted an immigration visa. So, there is no conflict on his visit.

I guess my next question would be, is it possible for him to come on a visitor visa for a while? It's not really possible for me to take time off from work to go visit him, but it's possible for him to visit me? is it even likely that he will get approved?

This is exactly what OP asked in her post...right? but if we are talking MENA....we are back to square one :angry:

Edited by inluvnwaiting

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

@ Arron2020~YOUR Answer was this....There is no conflict if he intends to visit and leave on the visitor visa. He does not intend to immigrate on that entry which means he has no conflict. His intention will be to immigrate on a later trip IF he is granted an immigration visa. So, there is no conflict on his visit.

This is exactly what OP asked in her post...right? but if we are talking MENA....we are back to square one :angry:

No. I disagree with you.

If his intention are to visit, how doe being form a MENA country affect his intention? Show me how he could not show his intention to return home on a brief visit based solely on being a male from a MENA country?

Assume that that US accepts his intention to return after a brief visit, then what would be the reason to refuse him? The answer is not that he is from a MENA country. The US would rely on either 1) a failure to pass security or 2) data that shows people situated similarly to him abuse their visitor visas.

(A failure to pass security does not mean the person did anything wrong. It means the US could not be satisfied based on the information they have. An incomplete check means a failure to pass security.)

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wait I did not have a point to agree with or disagree...I was attempting to figure out what is allowed....I assumed that if one has a Spousal visa that is that. There is no way they will approve of my husband coming here for a visit.

Then you ...to my surprise, u kindly...informed us that it is possible...

BUTT with MENA, with MENA men...particularly from Maroc it will most llikely...not be approved.

This is what I wrote and maybe OP was on to something...I had no idea my hubby can apply for a visitor visa while we already have a spousal pending, :blink:

Edited by inluvnwaiting

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Okay, so there must be a catch to this whole obtaining a K3 visa while you wait for your I-130 approval, or I think I'd see more people doing it. From what I read on the USCIS website, you can obtain a K3 visa, so your spouse can come wait for the approval of your I-130 with you. I am married and we have filed our I-130, and I would LOVE if he could come wait in the US with me.. but... what's the catch? Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm really glad you posted this topic, because I was REALLY curious about this as well. I had considered it myself. Thanks for asking this :thumbs:

Timeline

Even if one applies for a visitor visa...Isnt there somewhere on the visitor visa where you have to check your intentions and it would EITHER be visiting for pleasure or immigration then there is conflict?

I would not consider it to be inaccurate to check that you are visiting for pleasure. We would just like a visit during the long wait, a few weeks of him being here, meeting my mom and dad, seeing the city he would live in. It's entirely for pleasure. Then he would go back and wait for the interview date. I can't take off for even a week from work right now to visit him in Morocco, so I'm just searching for possibilities out there to get some more personal time in.

pAAEm7.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband had strong ties to Egypt (moderately)

I had him try for tourist visa 3 times!! All were denied.

Cannot have American girlfriend or wife.

But to me... I had to try. I did not want to miss an opportunity that might be possible and I had to know if it could happen! It could not.

If they denied him with 2 jobs, a flat, 2 bank accounts, many family members and responsibilities then I believe Egypt will deny most all

I knew a egyptian woman who worked in UAE. Her husband in USA. She got approved for a tourist visa. She happily went with her luggage (probably tooooo much) and POE sent her back to UAE. They decided she had intent to stay forever. She lost her airfare money

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

(F)Hi Micki!!!

Hi In Luv! I hope things are going well and you have lots of evidence to send soon

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Ok, I'll bite. What is a MENA country?

10/19/2011- FedEx'd I-129F

10/20/2011 - Received @ Dallas Lockbox

10/25/2011 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA1

10/28/2011 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

02/11/2012 - Received E-mail/Text RFE

02/13/2012 - Received Hardcopy of RFE

02/16/2012 - Fedex'd RFE response

02/17/2012 - Received RFE response @ VSC

02/24/2012 - Received E-mail/Text, RFE Response Review

03/07/2012 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA2 (134 days)

03/10/2012 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

03/13/2012 - NVC Received I129F Approval Packet

03/20/2012 - NVC Sent Packet to Embassy

04/04/2012 - Embassy Received Packet

04/16/2012 - Fiancee received Packet 3.

04/30/2012 - Fiancee responded to Packet 3

06/21/2012 - Interview Date. Visais Approved!.

07/01/2012 - Received Visa from Go2

07/05/2012 - Arrived in USA. Chicago POE.

07/05/2012 - Arrived in Washington.

07/27/2012 - Married (Yea)

09/01/2012 - AOS, AP, EAD Applied for via USPS Registered Mail

09/09/2012 - EMails for all three forms arrived.

09/1?/2012 - NOA 1s for all three arrived.

Timeline

Ok, I'll bite. What is a MENA country?

Stands for middle east/ north Africa. They are high fraud countries

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Okay, so there must be a catch to this whole obtaining a K3 visa while you wait for your I-130 approval, or I think I'd see more people doing it. From what I read on the USCIS website, you can obtain a K3 visa, so your spouse can come wait for the approval of your I-130 with you. I am married and we have filed our I-130, and I would LOVE if he could come wait in the US with me.. but... what's the catch? Can anyone enlighten me?

i have applied for K3 Visa for my wife last week.

Filed: Timeline

Visitor's visa from Morocco is very difficult to get. With an American wife...impossible.

Unless he already has a valid tourist visa, or is eligible for VWP (Moroccan citizens are not unless he has dual citizenship of a VWP country) the chances are unfortunately close to zero.

However..

Applying = Close to zero.

Not applying = Zero.

i have applied for K3 Visa for my wife last week.

As others have said, K-3 visas don't exist in reality anymore. Only on paper. They take the same time to process as CR-1 so the K-3 is then just administratively closed.

The K-3 was designed for the time when CR-1 visas took years to process.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: Timeline

No. I disagree with you.If his intention are to visit, how doe being form a MENA country affect his intention? Show me how he could not show his intention to return home on a brief visit based solely on being a male from a MENA country?Assume that that US accepts his intention to return after a brief visit, then what would be the reason to refuse him? The answer is not that he is from a MENA country. The US would rely on either 1) a failure to pass security or 2) data that shows people situated similarly to him abuse their visitor visas.(A failure to pass security does not mean the person did anything wrong. It means the US could not be satisfied based on the information they have. An incomplete check means a failure to pass security.)

You're right, being from a MENA country isn't the issue. The issue is getting a tourist visa while an immigrant petition/visa is pending, which can be extremely difficult. Proving intent to return when you can "easily" just adjust status once in the US is 10x more difficult.

MENA countries often fall into the "high fraud country" category (along with plenty of other countries), which makes it even more difficult.

Unless the foreign spouse already holds a valid tourist visa, or is eligible for VWP, it's nearly impossible.

Edited by jaejayC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.