ohmygosh

Booking Flight To USA

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

I am getting ready to book the flight for my Finace to come to the US on a K-1 Visa. Do I need to inform the airlines at the time I book the flight that she is immigrating with a K-1?

Will she need to show anything at the Airport in Uganda to board the flight?

What about other countries where she will be changing airlines or planes/does she need to show her immigration paperwork or just her Passport?

I know she will have to present her immigration packed at the POE for the USA. Once she lands in the USA, I believe she has to show her paperwork for immigration even though she will be changing planes and flying on to another US city.

Why would she not also have to show papaerwork in other countries along the flight path? Lots of questions!!! I am ignorant when it come to international travel.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You do not need to specifically inform the airlines that your fiance is on a K1 visa. They only care if the ticket is paid.

If she has a connecting flight in other countries other than USA, she only needs to present her ticket/boarding pass and passport. Her documents/paperworks will be submitted to the officer at the POE which will be the first state in the USA where she will land.

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am getting ready to book the flight for my Finace to come to the US on a K-1 Visa. Do I need to inform the airlines at the time I book the flight that she is immigrating with a K-1?

Will she need to show anything at the Airport in Uganda to board the flight?

What about other countries where she will be changing airlines or planes/does she need to show her immigration paperwork or just her Passport?

I know she will have to present her immigration packed at the POE for the USA. Once she lands in the USA, I believe she has to show her paperwork for immigration even though she will be changing planes and flying on to another US city.

Why would she not also have to show papaerwork in other countries along the flight path? Lots of questions!!! I am ignorant when it come to international travel.

If she is just visiting the airport in other countries on her journey she won't need to show any paperwork. She only needs to show her visa for the international flight that lands in USA, only USA needs to know about her visa status in USA. She will give her sealed envelope to immigration at the first place she lands in USA, that is her POE (port of entry). Once she has been taken into a room while they go over the paperwork she will be free to go wherever her final destination is and will not have to show any more immigration paperwork.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is likely she may require additional 'transit' visas. It will depend on what other countries she is transiting t(changing planes, layovers, etc.) hrough on her way to the US. Some do require citizens from Uganda to have a short term transit visa even if they do have paperwork that will allow them to enter the US.

I suggest you do a Google search on" 'transit visa' Uganda citizen (country)" putting the name of each country through which she will travel on her flight to the US instead of (country). That should give you an idea if she will require a transit visa to get to the US. For example, if she were traveling via any of the Schengen Visa Countries, or through the UK she will require transit visas. You will need to check each country where her plane lands and where she either changes planes or spends time in the airport waiting for her next flight. . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_in_the_European_Union

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

It is likely she may require additional 'transit' visas. It will depend on what other countries she is transiting t(changing planes, layovers, etc.) hrough on her way to the US. Some do require citizens from Uganda to have a short term transit visa even if they do have paperwork that will allow them to enter the US.

I suggest you do a Google search on" 'transit visa' Uganda citizen (country)" putting the name of each country through which she will travel on her flight to the US instead of (country). That should give you an idea if she will require a transit visa to get to the US. For example, if she were traveling via any of the Schengen Visa Countries, or through the UK she will require transit visas. You will need to check each country where her plane lands and where she either changes planes or spends time in the airport waiting for her next flight. . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_in_the_European_Union

Thank You. She will first be landing in Qatar and I have read if your layover is less than 8 hours you do not need a transit visa, however her layover is 9 hours so I think she may require the visa. Do you know if you can get the transit visa at the airport when you land or do they have to be aquired prior to the trip?

Filed: Timeline

Thank You. She will first be landing in Qatar and I have read if your layover is less than 8 hours you do not need a transit visa, however her layover is 9 hours so I think she may require the visa. Do you know if you can get the transit visa at the airport when you land or do they have to be aquired prior to the trip?

You need to look this up on the website of the embassy of Qatar in Uganda, or another neighboring country to Uganda.

Timeline

You need to look this up on the website of the embassy of Qatar in Uganda, or another neighboring country to Uganda.

I went to the Qatar web site and found the information I needed. She will not need a transit Visa, as she will not be leaving the airport. Some airports do require them. It is amazing all the bases you have to cover to get through this process. Thank goodness for Visajourney.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.