azar

Police Clearance from other countries you worked in???

32 posts in this topic

This is a requirement that you must provide police clearance for every country you lived for more then 12 month. You can try to go to Japan Embassy, may be they can assist.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes the is normal as it is stated as a requirment in the K1/K2 Interview Preparation Instructions.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_004.pdf

OTHER COUNTRY POLICE CERTIFICATES. Applicants aged 16 years and older must also present police certificates from other countries where they have lived for six (6) months or more after reaching the age of 16. As with NBI clearances, foreign police certificates should be obtained in any maiden names, aliases or nicknames used while in the country in question, including different spellings you have used of those names. Country-specific information on how to secure police certificates is available on the State Department’s website at http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html.

You can follow this posting on obtain Japan Police Clearance.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/346692-japanese-police-clearance/page__view__findpost__p__5097971

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We had our interview and they ask for police clearance from Japan for when she worked there 7 years ago...that normal?? and how do you do? and how long? Cost to help us plan it?

This is normal! My Fiance just submitted her request to Japanese Embassy two weeks ago. This is one of the reason she will be having her Interview at the end of may instead of this month. They say it takes 6 weeks to get one but I've read many who received theirs in 4 weeks time.

Tell your Fiance to print out her NOA2 or letter with manila case number (you should have received these in the mail) and go to the USEM to get a letter requesting a police report from Japan.

She will then have to go to the Japanese Embassy, she will fill out some forms and will be asked to get her finger print done in Camp Crame. Afterwards go back to Japanese Embassy and return that form.

My Fiance did all this in one day. She was upset with me cause it was raining and her shoe broke from all the walking..lol she said was so humilated hobbling on one shoe.. she had to buy shoes on her way back to Japanese Embassy

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

According to the embassy there is not a time limit, they say IF you have worked or lived 6 months or more.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf (visa fee is wrong in the letter, not sure when they will update that in this letter)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

You must provide police clearance for any country that you have lived in for more than 6 months (someone listed it as 12 months, that is wrong, if more than 6 months, you must provide it).

The only exception is that certain countries will not give you a police report, even though you lived there. For example, my fiance lived and worked in Thailand and Kuwait. We had to get a police report from Thailand. But because Kuwait only issues police reports to people currently residing there, we were not required to get one from Kuwait.

Here is the best website to see if a police clearance is obtainable, and how to go about getting it if it is:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

Just select your country from the pop up list.

Indonesia required a police clearance in person only. I contacted the Indonesian Embassy and for a "fee" they got the clearance for my wife.....

According to the embassy there is not a time limit, they say IF you have worked or lived 6 months or more.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_003.pdf (visa fee is wrong in the letter, not sure when they will update that in this letter)

How is this applicable to being a tourist for more than 6 months in one country? Still need to get clearance?

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Timeline

Does anybody have any experience with getting the Cert of No Criminal Conviction from Hong Kong? Just curious how long it takes. I have a friend who's wife is still waiting for her's from Malaysia and I'm hoping HK is much faster.

Does anybody have any experience with getting the Cert of No Criminal Conviction from Hong Kong? Just curious how long it takes. I have a friend who's wife is still waiting for her's from Malaysia and I'm hoping HK is much faster.

I did it for you. :)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8994

Certificate of No-Criminal Conviction (CNCC)

The issuanceof a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction is a charged service provided by the Hong Kong Police Force. Both individuals residing in Hong Kong and individuals residing outside of Hong Kong may apply.

Individuals residing in Hong Kong

All applicants should appear in person at the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction Office which is located at 14/F, Arsenal House, Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. The office is open from 9am to 5:15pm from Monday to Friday. (Note: The payment window is closed daily between 1-2pm and stops accepting payments at 5pm.) Applicants may elect to make an advance appointment through the Automatic Telephone Appointment System at 2396-5351, no less than one day in advance of the intended appointment. Please note that the "Certificate of No Criminal Conviction" or an appropriate reply together with the applicant's police record will be sent directly to the Consulate General and/or immigration office specified on the application.

An applicant should be prepared to present the following items:

his/her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document;

the original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates);

the original and photocopy of a document proving his/her relationship with the principal applicant for the visa if item #2 does not contain the applicant's name;

the processing fee of HK$185 per person - payment via cash, Octopus cards or checks payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region."

All applicants must consent to have their fingerprints taken. Each applicant must sign an authorization that the fingerprints can be retained by the Hong Kong Police and that details of any criminal conviction recorded in Hong Kong can be disclosed to the U.S. Consulate General.

Individuals residing outside Hong Kong

Applications should be made in writing to:

The Commission of Police (Attn: EO CNCC)

14/F, Arsenal House

Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street

Wan Chai, Hong Kong

An applicant residing outside Hong Kong must submit the following items. Please note that documents issued in languages other than Chinese or English, must be accompanied by an official transcript, in Chinese or English, endorsed either by the issuing authority or a certificated translation services body.

his/her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document;

the original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates);

the original and photocopy of a document proving his/her relationship with the principal applicant for the visa if item #2 does not contain the applicant's name;

a full set of the applicant's fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized and official police or law enforcement agency where the applicant currently resides. Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state: (i) the full name and rank of the person taking the prints, (ii) the full name of the police or law enforcement agency with their official chop; and (iii) the date and place the prints were taken. Prints that do not clearly show certification will be refused. Fingerprints taken by the applicant him/herself, a legal representative or private/commercial agency are also unacceptable;

a bank draft in the amount of HK$185 per person, made payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region." The draft must be payable in Hong Kong. A personal check in Hong Kong dollars, which is issued an authorized by any licensed banks in Hong Kong, is also acceptable.

If an applicant is under investigation by the Hong Kong Police or is currently a defendant in criminal proceedings in Hong Kong or is subject to non-payment of fines including traffic offences, his/her application will not be further processed until the matter has been concluded.

The relevant application form, standard personal data form, and fingerprint consent form can be downloaded from the "Downloadable Forms" web page of "Certificate of No Criminal Conviction" on Hong Kong Police Force website. Any inquiries may be addressed to Certificate of No Criminal Conviction office, email: eo-cncc-ib@police.gov.hk, phone: +852-2860-6557 (for local residents); +852-2860-6558 (for overseas applicants), fax: +852-2200-4321. Please refer to www.police.gov.hk for further information and updates on police certificate from Hong Kong.

Court Record

Available. Extract from case register is available to an applicant upon written application to the First Clerk of the Magistracy where the conviction occurred. The applicant should provide his/her full name, date and place of birth, and the case number. Magisterial records are normally available only for three years. If the conviction occurred in a District Court or the High Court, the application should be addressed to the Registrar of the court concerned.

Prison Record

Unavailable.

Military Record

Unavailable.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.

Audre Lorde

Timeline

Mahalo, but I have that information and it doesn't give a ball park for how long the process takes after they receive all of the required documentation. Just trying to do some rough planning on what month our wedding can take place.

Lived = Lived

"from other countries where they have lived for six (6) months or more"

How is this applicable to being a tourist for more than 6 months in one country? Still need to get clearance?

Lived = Lived

"from other countries where they have lived for six (6) months or more"

So, is that a "No, not needed"? :blush:

Audre Lorde

So, is that a "No, not needed"? :blush:

when my wife was going through all that, she had lived in Indonesia for just under a year. I called the US Embassy explaining to them that Indonesia requires one to appear in person to get that clearance. I asked them what to do. I couldnt see her having to take time off from work and fly all the way to Indonesia just to get that stupid piece of paper that could easily be sent through the mail. I was on the phone for 4 hours that night with the US embassy, and I got so frustrated.... They said that it was up to me to figure out how to get it, and if she didnt get it then chances were she would be rejected. I yelled at the officer there and they asked for my name then and my wifes name and I gave them fake names. Then I hung up the phone and called the Indonesian consulate near manila, and got transferred twice to the International Police officer at that consulate, who told me for a small "gift" to his "friend" he would get the clearance for us, which he did.

Edited by Brijo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.