jim & faith

Japanese Police Clearance

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is just information on what I did for my Japanese Police Clearance.

What you will need...

1. Copy of NOA2

2. MNL case number ( your case number from NVC )

3. Passport

3. Be early!

Before you can get a Japanese Police Clearance from the embassy of Japan in the Philippines, you will have to ask the US Embassy to furnish you a REQUEST LETTER.

I have read old posts before that you have to wait for your appointment letter and you they will not let you in if you don't have it. It wasn't the case for me.

My fiancee got our NOA2 in the mail. I had him scan it and e-mailed to me. Then after 3 weeks of waiting I urged him to call the NVC.

NVC then tells us that the file has been forwarded to Manila Consulate and gave us our MNL case number.

-------------

So today I went to the US embassy and just told the security guard that I need a request letter. He immediately let me in. First stop bag check, then you get a number from the ticket booth. Then I entered door 2 and waited for my number to be called under window 38.

------------

The lady at the booth was kind and straight forward. I asked her I needed the letter.

things she asked me;

1. Do you have an approved petition: Yes

2. DO you have a case number : Yes

3. Passport : Yes

So I handed her my passport and the scanned NOA2 where I just wrote the case number down on.

After about 30 minutes she called my name and I got it!

-----

I proceeded to the Japanese Embassy. They asked for my ID and I went in. I gave the request letter to the person in the booth and he gave me 3 forms to fill out.

After which he gave me a finger print card and a small sketch of how to go to Camp Crame for finger prints.

Proceeded to Camp Crame where I had my finger prints and paid. Then back to the Jap Embassy. They told me it would take 1 and a half months and I can follow up thru calling them.

Timeline

Hallelujah, God Bless your kind heart. Thank you so much for this info, this is what I had been trying to find out if we actually needed to make an appointment first before going to the USEM and asking for the letter. Again thank you for post and good luck on the rest of your journey!

My wife needed to get a PCC from Japan. We don't have a request letter from the US Embassy. I called the Japanese Consulate and told them we wanted to get a head start on this since their processing time states it can take up to 3 months to obtain the PCC.

My Wife took her passport thats it.

It probably didn't hurt that the guy she spoke with was the same guy I had called and made inquiries about it. He had originally stated we needed the letter from the embassy but I told him we didn't have it and we knew we would need the PCC so we were working to get it done ahead of time so as to not lose any more time waiting.

We picked it up a few weeks later.

Our time line:

-----------

11-2-09 Met for the first time

11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday

11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.

11-22-09 Went back to the States

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines

10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!

10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time

10-25-10 Returned to States

11-2010 Started her annulment process

1-4-11 Free to marry within the country

2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines

2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)

4-27-11 Got Married

5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage

7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months

8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-14-12 USCIS approved our I-130

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

3-19-12 Package acknowledged by NVC.

4-3-12 NVC enters our package into their system and generates our case#

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

4-9-12 Petition US Embassy Manila to expedite since I will be in country

5-23-12 Interview at US Embassy - approved

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

6-6-12 Len Arrives!!!!! in the US via Chicago to Houston

Timeline

My wife needed to get a PCC from Japan. We don't have a request letter from the US Embassy. I called the Japanese Consulate and told them we wanted to get a head start on this since their processing time states it can take up to 3 months to obtain the PCC.

My Wife took her passport thats it.

It probably didn't hurt that the guy she spoke with was the same guy I had called and made inquiries about it. He had originally stated we needed the letter from the embassy but I told him we didn't have it and we knew we would need the PCC so we were working to get it done ahead of time so as to not lose any more time waiting.

We picked it up a few weeks later.

wow.. that is really good if it worked for u that way. sadly, we had to go thru a more complicated version. did u also have to the the finger printing at camp crame?

Hallelujah, God Bless your kind heart. Thank you so much for this info, this is what I had been trying to find out if we actually needed to make an appointment first before going to the USEM and asking for the letter. Again thank you for post and good luck on the rest of your journey!

thank you. i had trouble getting information so as soon as i figured it out i wanted people to know~ its very hard to be thinking and worrying a lot.. very happy to have helped u and good luck to u as well..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.