matrixIII

K1 - I-693 (Medical) for AOS

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy).

Beneficiary is on K1 AND Medical Examination was done less than a year ago (only 3 months ago)..

>I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination

Yes, but do we still need to fill out I-693 without having a medical examination or we don't include the form I-485 at all? What proof we do send that the examination was done overseas 3 months ago?

>If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination

How do we know this? She was given a sealed envelope that she took to the embassy. How can we find out if any shots were missing? She did get some shots at the overseas medical.

Thanks for much for all your help...

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2011-06-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-13

NVC Received : 2011-09-16

NVC Left : 2011-09-20

Consulate Received : 2011-10-11

Packet 3 Received : 2011-10-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-10-27

Packet 4 Received : 2011-12-01

Interview Date : 2012-01-20

Interview Result : Administrative Processing for Beneficiary past Studies

Visa Received : 2012-02-27 (AP over)

US Entry : 2012-03-06

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 85 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 214 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

I was given a sealed envelope when I had my medical prior to my K1 interview. Inside that envelope I found an xray of my chest and the applicants (my) copy of the DS-3025. The DS-3025 states whether your vaccination history is complete or incomplete, you should have it. If you don't have this document I believe you have to take the DS-693 and have your fiancee's blood tested by a civil surgeon to see what vaccination she does or doesn't need.

Peace

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should have your Vaccination sheet (DS-3025) still. If you don't, you can ask the civil surgeon's office who did your medical to provide you with a copy. If your vaccinations were completed you can submit DS-3025 only with your AOS. The USCIS office will have a copy of your K1 papers and your sealed envelope. They will know your K1 has been activated within less than 12 months.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Yes, Thanks everyone! I found the DS-3025. I guess I will just include a copy of that! It says everything was either "done" was is "not age appropriate".

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2011-06-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-13

NVC Received : 2011-09-16

NVC Left : 2011-09-20

Consulate Received : 2011-10-11

Packet 3 Received : 2011-10-20

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-10-27

Packet 4 Received : 2011-12-01

Interview Date : 2012-01-20

Interview Result : Administrative Processing for Beneficiary past Studies

Visa Received : 2012-02-27 (AP over)

US Entry : 2012-03-06

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 85 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 214 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

I would assume you are now married? Hopefully you have health insurance, most insurance will pay for your wifes immunizations if she is not up to date. Once the Cs looks at the ds-3025 they will be able to tell if she is up to date(by her age). Find an honest CS, alot will try to make you pay for tests and a physical she doesn't need. My insurance paid for all my wife and 2 kids shot, the only thing I paid was the 26 dollar charge per person to xfer records to I-693.

You will hear people say you don't need a CS and there probably right under certain circumstances but for 26 bucks and peace of mind it was money well spent! Good luck...

Edited by Sayha or bust.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, Thanks everyone! I found the DS-3025. I guess I will just include a copy of that! It says everything was either "done" was is "not age appropriate".

Yep, if everything is marked complete or not age appropriate, then just send a copy of your DS-3025. You could include a note with it saying you are including that copy to prove she had all the required vaccinations completed at the time of her K-1 medical.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

My DS 3025 says incomplete but has everything checked as either complete or not age appropriate. If I include my vaccination record from Canada with the DS 3025 will that be sufficient?

If you had all the required vaccinations at the time your DS-3025 was filled out at your medical, then you can just send a copy of your DS-3025 and skip seeing a civil surgeon. See this post for more details: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/335754-ds-3025-complete-or-not/page__p__4971318#entry4971318

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

with everything marked... you are good to go on the DS-3025. I am jealous. Nothing was marked on ours. The "incomplete" I am finding out means not all required series for the vaccination are not done. If your DS-3025 is filled out, you can submit a COPY of it. A lot of the DS-3025 forms depends on the person processing the Application. Sometimes you get lucky. sometimes not, and they RFE for an updated I-693 to see if you are finishing the vaccinations or not.

Hope all goes well.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm including a vaccination report from my Canadian health center, just in case. Do I need to submit any of the 693? One of the pages here says I still need to fill out and submit page one in a CS certified and sealed envelope.

Edit: Here is where I read this: K1 AoS Info

Edited by Xera

Timeline

I'm including a vaccination report from my Canadian health center, just in case. Do I need to submit any of the 693? One of the pages here says I still need to fill out and submit page one in a CS certified and sealed envelope.

Edit: Here is where I read this: K1 AoS Info

No. If you do not need to see a CS because your DS-3025 is good to go, then that is all you need.

That information is wrong and needs to be reworded and updated to reflect the facts of the I-485 and I-693 instructions. See Page 4, #2 C. part 2: ".... If the vaccination record(DS-3025) was not properly completed ...."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks! That's what I thought, but that one instructional post had me worried! Hopefully the 3025 along with my health record will be enough for that "blanket waiver". Now I just need the letter from the husbands boss and we can send in the AoS packet!

Thank you my dears! Much appreciated!

• 6 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

HI folks, thanks for this thread.  Just to make it utterly clear, if you have a completed DS-3025, and the fiancee arrived under K1, when sending in the AOS I-485, we do not need to include an I-693 at all, just the DS-3025?  Or do we just fill out Part 1 and include the I-693 also?  Thanks in advance.

Filed: Timeline

You are replying to a very old post.

If the DS-3025  is completed (all the immunizations are complete or marked not age appropriate, then that's all you need to include with the AOS package. If there are some shots missing, then you will need to include the I-693. Some folks just file without the I-693 for the missing shots, and take the chance that they may or may not receive an RFE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.