RoyaleT

Parents denied visitor's visa for third time

65 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What incentive do these professionals have to help your parents be successful in obtaining a tourist visa? I'm assuming they are paid for each application they "help" with. Each time they fail, these professionals can expect repeat business. If they are successful, their services are no longer needed.

<yawn> Here is some factual information for your professionals.

An I134 is most certainly not needed for a visitor's visa. The intending visitor's bank account balance is quite adequate to demonstrate that he/she would not be a public charge during his/her visit.

Here is some factual information for you.

When a CO sees something he/she doesnt like (such as a high-caste attitude crossed with a low-caste bank account balance) he/she can decide on the spot not to dump responsibility onto that on the back of some random American citizen who can, at home, be convinced to sign off to cover anything just to keep the peace LOL

COs are not paid to keep the peace at home. Yaar get it?

i don't get it.

Misunderstanding of the relationship between reward and success might be an explanation of the need for an I134 in the first place.

Demonstrating that one has earned the privilage of a visa has a much higher level of proof than demonstrating how connected ones caste is in the local society.

What incentive do these professionals have to help your parents be successful in obtaining a tourist visa? I'm assuming they are paid for each application they "help" with. Each time they fail, these professionals can expect repeat business. If they are successful, their services are no longer needed.

i don't get it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So are you saying anyone who applies for a tourist visa needs an I-134, which is not legally binding? What about people who know no one in the US? How do they get a tourist visa?

[/quot

All I am saying is it works, as it did in the cases mentioned above.

And i actually got my answers from someone from this forum only.

There are people, who actually help, thank you all for your input.

Period!

I 129F Sent -29-12-2008

I 129F NOA1 -10-01-2009

I 129F NOA2 -15-07-2009

Packet 3 Received- 17-07-2009

Packet 3 Sent- 22-07-2009

Packet 4 Received -30-08-2009

Medical Interview - 05-09-2009

Documents deposited at VFS -08-09-2009

K1 Visa Interview- 17-09-2009, APPROVED! :)

K1 Visa Issued - 22-09-2009

K1 Visa Received- 25-09-09

P.O.E- J.F.K on 11-11-2009

Wedding-17-11-2009

A.O.S Application sent on 13-12-2009

Date it was received-17-12-2009

Biometrics-12-01-2010

Replied 1st RFE for I693- 25-01-2010

I-797C-Case transferred to CSC-29-01-2010

EAD Approved- 8-02-2010

AP approved- 8-02-2010

2nd RFE for Delayed registration of birth certificate-18-03-2010

Replied 2nd RFE 0n 28-04-2010; 1 day before the deadline to answer;)(had lost RFE document)

GC production ordered-05-05-2010, after 4months, 22 days!!!!!!!!

GOT THE REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS ON GC, AND PERMANENT GC APPROVAL-20 NOV, 2012

GOT PERMANENT GC ON 26TH NOV, 2012

AND THE LIFE GOES ON, BEAUTIFULLY... :)

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You mentioned an immigration lawywer. What do they say?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Are you saying it was the I-134 that your relatives submitted that got their visas approved? And if it works, why did it fail? Maybe because your sister came to study on a tourist visa when she should have used a student visa.

Timeline

All I'm saying is that showing strong ties, i.e.. family, support, housing, in the US weakens any arguments they will have for strong ties to India which will compel them to return there.

Period!

Looking at this objectively from an outcome-based perspective I would venture to conclude that the right to declare what does or does not work has not been earned.

Just sayin'.

What does work, for millions and millions of visitors, is a clear demonstration by the visitor that (1) they have adequate financial resources to take care of themselves while in the US and (2) they have adequate ties to their home countries that would incentivize a return.

Carrying an I-134 to the interview is (not might be, not possibly) an indication that these requirements are not being met and 100 applications without overcoming the burden of meeting them will likely have the same outcome. If someone was approved for a B visa who was also carrying an I134 then guess what? They will have qualified without the I134 therefore it was not the I134 that made the difference.

A relevent quote for consideration:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

i don't get it.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Period!

Looking at this objectively from an outcome-based perspective I would venture to conclude that the right to declare what does or does not work has not been earned.

Just sayin'.

What does work, for millions and millions of visitors, is a clear demonstration by the visitor that (1) they have adequate financial resources to take care of themselves while in the US and (2) they have adequate ties to their home countries that would incentivize a return.

Carrying an I-134 to the interview is (not might be, not possibly) an indication that these requirements are not being met and 100 applications without overcoming the burden of meeting them will likely have the same outcome. If someone was approved for a B visa who was also carrying an I134 then guess what? They will have qualified without the I134 therefore it was not the I134 that made the difference.

A relevent quote for consideration:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

I doubt this relevent advise or opinion will be accepted even though it is correct.This will be seen as being opposed to the teachings of the Dali Lama rather than what Al had in mind. Even after submitting the same evidence 3 times only to fail 3 times.

The 134 is certianly a huge mistake as you say. As is the overall attitude towards the reality of the situation.

Timeline

Maybe an attitude of "We'd love to be able to stay longer, but our life in India will not allow that because...", instead of "We could have moved anywhere we wanted, why would we want to live in the US?" would help. And put the I-134 in the circular file cabinet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You can continue discussing this to death, if you wish.

After all, it's your time and energy!

I 129F Sent -29-12-2008

I 129F NOA1 -10-01-2009

I 129F NOA2 -15-07-2009

Packet 3 Received- 17-07-2009

Packet 3 Sent- 22-07-2009

Packet 4 Received -30-08-2009

Medical Interview - 05-09-2009

Documents deposited at VFS -08-09-2009

K1 Visa Interview- 17-09-2009, APPROVED! :)

K1 Visa Issued - 22-09-2009

K1 Visa Received- 25-09-09

P.O.E- J.F.K on 11-11-2009

Wedding-17-11-2009

A.O.S Application sent on 13-12-2009

Date it was received-17-12-2009

Biometrics-12-01-2010

Replied 1st RFE for I693- 25-01-2010

I-797C-Case transferred to CSC-29-01-2010

EAD Approved- 8-02-2010

AP approved- 8-02-2010

2nd RFE for Delayed registration of birth certificate-18-03-2010

Replied 2nd RFE 0n 28-04-2010; 1 day before the deadline to answer;)(had lost RFE document)

GC production ordered-05-05-2010, after 4months, 22 days!!!!!!!!

GOT THE REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS ON GC, AND PERMANENT GC APPROVAL-20 NOV, 2012

GOT PERMANENT GC ON 26TH NOV, 2012

AND THE LIFE GOES ON, BEAUTIFULLY... :)

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My guess is that the visa 'consultant' improved sic the application.

But we will never know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Allow me to note that the issues and problems of the proud and arrogant but sadly destitute 'upper caste' are extremely entertaining.

i don't get it.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks for allowing that. I am sure we wouldnt have known if you hadnt spent your valuable time & energy to point this out. There is an certian entertaiment value here.

I didnt realize how the "caste" system affected the attitude of people but I can see how the officer would be used to this type of arrogance and act accordingly. Three times I might add.

Filed: Timeline

The papers were filled by professionals and it is needed for Visitor's Visa. My grandfather(who had been to many U.S many times in the past, even before i came) and my sister, who is a doctor and visited Harvard for her course, had her application submitted with the same I 134. Both of them got approved for 10yrs multiple entry.

If it were not required/or had bad effect on application, how come they got approved?

OK...please find that section of law that states that every applicant seeking a B2 visa MUST present a signed I-134....I will wager $1000 to a penny you cannot find that section of law....which means your opinion on this concept is dead wrong,,,,but hey.....here's $1000....let's see you find it in the Immigration & Nationality Act.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.