Aussiebeachgirl

Help, overstayed tourist Visa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You will be fine. Have a safe flight home and breath that sigh of relief when you finally see Australia again. Thank goodness you have friends and family willing and able to help you. My thoughts are with you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Almost two and a half years ago, I came to the USA on a tourist visa which was valid for 6 months. During that time I thought I had met the man of my dreams. I assumed I would have to go back to Australia and then come back on a Fiance Visa, but this guy took me to an immigration attorney and we were informed we could get married and I didn't have to return to Australia.

Just before my Visa was due to expire, I brought my two dogs over from Australia and we got married. He turned out to be a scam artist and took all my money and then divorced me, before we had lodged all of the paperwork necessary for the start of the immigration process. I was left almost destitute.

I managed to find somewhere to work in exchange for room and board and in the meantime I met another guy. He turned out to be abusive and violent and kept me almost like a prisoner, I have finally managed to get out, but I am scared and confused. I am heading back to Australia. Now that family and friends back in Australia are aware of what has happened, I now have enough money to also take my dogs back to Australia and through quarantine... a very costly exercise, but my dogs have been the only thing that has kept me going during the hell I have been subjected to.

My question is, I am so exhausted and sick from the stress, I also have had to have two major surgeries since I have been in the USA which I had to pay for, so I have no money left at all. I want to know if the customs people at LAX will interogate me when I go to fly back to Australia due my Visa being expired almost 2 years ago.

I understand there is a ten year ban on me coming back to the USA. I dont care, I hate it here now. I have had a horrible experience and been through hell. I never want to come back to this country again. But I am also not strong enough to deal with any officials giving me a hard time and asking questions about my overstaying my visa. I am paranoid, due to the past events that have happened since I have been in this country and all I want is to go home without being harrassed or judged or even questioned. I am mentally so weak and emotionally so unstable at the moment, that I don't think I could even answer any questions without breaking down and sobbing hysterically.

Does anyone know if they will care about me leaving the country. I just want to be left alone and let be to go home.

I'm sorry to hear that truamatic experience being here. Anyway, i don't think if they will give you a hard time. when i went back home last 2010, they never asked anything from me except the boarding pass. in fact i brought my old I94 with me, and i gave it back to the immigration after i came back to the U.S. and replace a new one. i hope your life will get better in your home country. Good luck

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

aussiebeachgirl- looks like people answered your question, which I found while researching my cousin's situation; he overstayed a student visa and he's ready to return now... we're also hoping for no drama at the airport.

But I registered and etc just to send you a message that I am truly sorry that you went through such an ordeal here in the US. I want you to know that there are people here in the US that seriously mean for proactive, kind interactions with our global neighbors. I also want you to know that there are good, wonderful men here in the US, too, and I'm sorry you met some of the worst ones.

I wish you luck and happiness back in Australia! Move on, right?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.