camuaqp

AOS FROM K-1 CLOSE TO 8 MONTHS WAITING, emailed CSC will help?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

How long have you been waiting after calling your congressman? Do you think he will reply on time or do you have to keep mailing him like USCIS too?

I pray for a quick response for us all.

I mailed the Congresswoman's office last Tuesday and have not heard anything back yet. Will keep you guys updated if anything came up.

I guess I won't keep mailing her IF nothing is back from her and I might call USCIS after one month or so. Other than that.....hmmm...I might just keep waiting :(((

Finger crossed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

gosh, so many people have received their EAD/AP already, I too have had my biometrics back in January but have received nothing,nothing with no status updates, nothing ...DO I CALL the NVC? Advice please?

is your case transferred to California service center? Mine did. So I would only be able to give advice for cases like mine.

When you call USCIS, if your case has not been more than 180 days after transferred, USCIS basically won't give you too much information at that stage.

If your case has been more than 180 days, call the USCIS, choose 'report problems to your case' and then you got connected to a 1st tier people, who basically gives no helpful information. Politely tell them your case has been more than 180 days and explicitly ask them to transfer you to a 2nd tier officer. They will do that. (I called twice, both of the 1st tier immediately transferred me onto the higher level office). Then at least you could get to check with them and make sure that all of your information (address/name/DOB is correct).

This is what I would say for a start to track your case. (i never called NVC...I am not sure why you call NVC for AOS??)

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You mean USCIS costumer service right? Call them, if you don't get any news... call and call again.

I just got an email from Customer Service Division/CSC......

Thank you for your inquiry. Your case was already pulled and is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

Please tell me that is good news!!!!!

of course that is good news, any news is good news....

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

You mean USCIS costumer service right? Call them, if you don't get any news... call and call again.

I just got an email from Customer Service Division/CSC......

Thank you for your inquiry. Your case was already pulled and is currently being adjudicated. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 days.

Please tell me that is good news!!!!!

NICE, yes good news ..OPPS SORRY ALREADY POSTED

Edited by NinoniAndBoosBoos

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

is your case transferred to California service center? Mine did. So I would only be able to give advice for cases like mine.

When you call USCIS, if your case has not been more than 180 days after transferred, USCIS basically won't give you too much information at that stage.

If your case has been more than 180 days, call the USCIS, choose 'report problems to your case' and then you got connected to a 1st tier people, who basically gives no helpful information. Politely tell them your case has been more than 180 days and explicitly ask them to transfer you to a 2nd tier officer. They will do that. (I called twice, both of the 1st tier immediately transferred me onto the higher level office). Then at least you could get to check with them and make sure that all of your information (address/name/DOB is correct).

This is what I would say for a start to track your case. (i never called NVC...I am not sure why you call NVC for AOS??)

Good luck!

thank you, I only called the customer service center....but my AOS USCIS status says it is being by the NVC..I guess I will call the only number I have and ask if it has been transfered somewhere else.

Good luck to you too...all the best

event.png

Filed: Timeline

You should call your congressman. I called mine! They sent me a letter last week saying that USCIS stated that my case was going to have a decision in 45 days, and before even getting this letter I had already opened a SR. And before the 15 days for the answer for the RFE, I got approved.

I think it helped to involve the congressman.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

You should call your congressman. I called mine! They sent me a letter last week saying that USCIS stated that my case was going to have a decision in 45 days, and before even getting this letter I had already opened a SR. And before the 15 days for the answer for the RFE, I got approved.

I think it helped to involve the congressman.

The same day i was ready to contact my congressman i got de RFE email from USCIS. Finally they worked with my application and my guess is it was forgotten in a desk just accumulating dust. They request an update for the vaccines,..... my case was in USCIS for 8 months!!!! of course it was time for second shots.. :angry:

OQbOm6.png

K-1

07/03/2010 NOA1

01/07/2011 Got approved

06/08/2011 POE Miami

07/30/2011 Got Married !!!

AOS

08/23/2011 Filed I-485

09/14/2011 Transfered to CSC

10/31/2011 Biometrics

11/23/2011 Biometrics again

03/01/2012 Service Request

04/10/2012 Emailed CSC

04/13/2012 CSC says they just adjudicated my case!!!

04/20/2012 RFE (more vaccines)

05/03/2012 RFE received at CSC

05/12/2012 Card production ordered

05/18/2012 GC on hand

Timeline

The same day i was ready to contact my congressman i got de RFE email from USCIS. Finally they worked with my application and my guess is it was forgotten in a desk just accumulating dust. They request an update for the vaccines,..... my case was in USCIS for 8 months!!!! of course it was time for second shots.. :angry:

too funny, yes after 8 months time for new shots..gosh I hope I am not kept waiting this long..but so happy you got some news...

event.png

• 9 months later...

My case was transferred on 3rd of August 2012 and i'm still waiting on it. it's almost 8 months. I contacted my congressman and he asked for my information.

After i mailed him my info i received a letter from his office witch said that he received my info and that he contacted USCIS and as soon as

he gets an answer from USCIS he will contact me. I don't know what to do any more i'm just pissed about this delay. I also read that after 8 months the USCIS might ask for the Immunizations record again since that form is only valid for 6 months....MUST BE A JOKE... it is not my fault that those IDIOTS need so log. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from main AOS/Family-Based forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.