Rezq n Sarah

Required to buy roundtrip ticket to enter USA?

20 posts in this topic

not required but i got one cause it was cheaper. now the prices depend on the time of the year , so now that is close to summer they will be higher anyway

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Common sense would indicate that a one way ticket would suffice.

Assuming ticketing agents have common sense that is.....

Feb 3, 2012 - I129F sent
Feb 6, 2012 - NoA1 Received
August 22, 2012 - NoA2 ( 198 days!!!!!)
Sept 6, 2012 - NVC Received Case
Sept 10, 2012 - London Received Case
Sept 15, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
Sept 20, 2012 - Medical
Oct 5, 2012 - All forms sent to the embassy
Nov 5, 2012 - Interview
Nov 5, 2012 - Administrative Processing crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gifranting33va.gifcray5ol.gif

Love conquers all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Airlines can get in serious trouble ($$$!) if they fly someone to the US who is subsequently denied entry. So their internal regulations and policies tend to be very conservative as to the documentation and ticketing requirements to get on a flight in the first place. Combine that with an airline rep who may be misinterpreting or misremembering those policies, and I can see where this "requirement" might have come from.

Just a reminder: anyone who flies to the US on a round trip ticket MUST remember to contact the airline to cancel the return leg once they are here and settled. The problem is that if you simply don't show up for the return leg, the airline will try to sell it to someone flying standby. When they do that they are supposed to change the name on the flight manifest to the new passenger, and remove yours. But there were a couple of cases last year, that happened to people here, where their names were not removed from the flight manifest, and their AOS processes were enormously complicated and messed up, because USCIS found their names on flight manifests leaving the country when they did their background checks.

You can prevent this from happening to you by contacting the airline and properly canceling the return leg. This makes sure your name is removed from the flight manifest, so it can't possibly be accidentally left on by hurried and distracted gate reps.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you so much everyone!! Rezq bought his ticket yesterday and will be on his way on the 21st! I'm so very happy that soon he will be with us!

"But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous;With favor You will surround him as with a shield." - Psalm 5:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

I-129F Sent : 2011-06-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-11-02

NVC Received : 2011-11-10

Consulate Received : 2011-11-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-12-26

Packet 4 Received : 2012-02-13

Interview Date : 2012-03-25

Interview Result : Administrative Review

Administrative Review Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2012-04-09

US Entry : 2012-04-21

Marriage : 2012-04-28

Comments : HOORAY!!!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 146 days from your NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : JFK

POE Date : 2012-04-21

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : New Yorkers were awesome to Rezq when he came into JFK. One guard even allowed

him to use his personal phone to call me when he missed his first flight. God is good!

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Omaha NE

Date Filed : 2012-05-07

NOA Date : 2012-05-19

Bio. Appt. : 2012-05-30

Approval Date : 2012-10-11

Greencard Received: 2012-10-29

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.