ashu

221 g- Recommended for Revocation

36 posts in this topic

Hello. My wife had interview 1st week of April at Islamabad consulate. I attended the interview with her. Although it was my wife's interview, the CO started interviewing me. I am a Permanent Resident. we have two kids and I thought there should not be any problem. I was previously married to a US citizen. The marriage took place in Pakistan so the marriage certificate (Nikkah Nama) was issued by local authorities here. I processed divorce in Pakistan as well and that Divorce decree issued by the local union council was accepted by USCIS and NVC to approve petition for my wife. But CO said I should have obtained a divorce in US and that this divorce from Pakistan is null and void. I told her that USCIS itself has asked me during the review to obtain a divorce from Union Council but she would not listen and said the she is sending the case back to USCIS for revocation on the grounds that your previous marriage was never ended and that you can not petition for your second wife. That is absurd. The State Dept immigration website itself mentions that marraige/divorce issued by foreign governments is acceptable in US. Please guide? Can I talk to an attorney who can ask the consulate to review it again or it is now final that the CO will send it back to USCIS? I heard that it may take months for them to send it back to USCIS.

Thanks,

ashu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

There are a lot of ppl who ask USCIS advice... from what ive seen you can't count onthat advice being correct. you should have asked a good immigration attorney.

Sounds like you should have filed for divorce here in the states waited for the divorce decree then gone to pakistan to also finalize it there too with the Union council before starting the process for your second wife.

how long ago was the divorce and obviously your first wife is aware that you obtained a divorce from her in pakistan?

You should contact your congressman/senator and if you want you can choose an attorney but the point is be quick and have them do what they can to keep it there.

But you can't count on them not returning it quickly either. Sometimes they sit on it a while and actually do review it before sending it back and sometimes they return it quickly... so quick in fact that its gone by the time the senator makes and inquiry. So be fast about it if you can.

Edited by EAbbas

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Thanks EAbbas. I am in Pakistan but seems like I have to fly back this week to meet our senator. I will talk to attorney from here. Do you have experience of any good attorney? The divorce was in July 2008 and I married immediately after because I did not have much time left. Divorce was mutual and obviously she knew. I am not sure if we (ex and me) can take the Pakistani divorce and the local courthouse where ex-wife lives can endorse it?

Thanks Penguin. These are valuable points. we were married for 4 and half years and I have read that you can get a divorce abroad so I hope that does not affect my residency. I had a full time job and paid good taxes.

Timeline

Thanks EAbbas. I am in Pakistan but seems like I have to fly back this week to meet our senator. I will talk to attorney from here. Do you have experience of any good attorney? The divorce was in July 2008 and I married immediately after because I did not have much time left. Divorce was mutual and obviously she knew. I am not sure if we (ex and me) can take the Pakistani divorce and the local courthouse where ex-wife lives can endorse it?

Thanks Penguin. These are valuable points. we were married for 4 and half years and I have read that you can get a divorce abroad so I hope that does not affect my residency. I had a full time job and paid good taxes.

by divorcing your USC wife abroad and remarrying immediately after makes it look very questionable to say the least. (since it is obvious you must have known her for some time before marrying her and that would make it look as tho she was part of your life before your divorce to the USC and to the CO this is a huge red flag)

No I have no good attorney advice but I'm sure there are others who might. Just be sure whoever you get deals with immigration and not other areas of law.

At this time it seems that all you can do is try to gain a divorce decree from the US if the CO won't accept your Union Council divorce.

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

How long have you known the 2nd wife?

Was it an arranged marriage?

How long have you been married now?

You said you have 2 kids?

How long have you been divorced?

Were you talking to this wife when you were still married to first wife? I think yes and this might be an issue.

You said you were married 4.5 years to first wife. Was she an american born woman? Did you meet her online or were you already her on a student visa?

How long were you separated before you started speaking to a woman from your country?

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

by divorcing your USC wife abroad and remarrying immediately after makes it look very questionable to say the least. (since it is obvious you must have known her for some time before marrying her and that would make it look as tho she was part of your life before your divorce to the USC and to the CO this is a huge red flag)

No I have no good attorney advice but I'm sure there are others who might. Just be sure whoever you get deals with immigration and not other areas of law.

At this time it seems that all you can do is try to gain a divorce decree from the US if the CO won't accept your Union Council divorce.

Thanks EAbbas. Its not that I knew my current wife and talking to her while I was already married. The family is, like other families in rural areas are known to us for decades. The reason of remarrying immediately was so that I can settle down somewhere. AP process for 4 years took toll and I was so upset when I moved to US and there was not much help as what I need to do. That is why you see all these stupid actions that I took and which did not even know until last week that they may be looked at questionable. It was all done in good faith and to my best judgement. I wish i knew more.

Timeline

I concur with penguin....... get a good lawyer...one that specializes in these cases

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Your American wife fought hard for you to be with her for 4 years?

And you decided it took its toll on you but you came to usa to "Be with her"

This has fraud written all over it. If I was the CO I would revoke it also.

How long did you live with the american wife in the USA before this toll forced you to divorce her

and she petitioned for you, paid alot of money because she belived in you.

And it took 3 longs months to get over her and this divorce before you married a woman who has known your family for years

How old are your children?

It sounds arranged

It sounds that you are a bad man

It sounds like you had planned this all along

It sounds like you should make a life with your arranged love in another country

It sounds like you found a good strong american woman with some money to get you to usa so you used her for immigration purposes and married your arranged wife as quick as you could.

If she fought to bring you here for 4 years and then you just up and left her.... you are a cruel user. You could have tried harder if you loved her. But you had to marry someone else your family chose so you had to dump this american who sacrificed and suffered for you and fought hard to bring a Pakistan guy to USA. Pakistan men have to be in AP a long time because there are a few bad seeds that show their true colors when coming here.

I wish embassy could have seen the TOLL this was taking on you and should have had you stay in Pakistan so you would not be burdened with the toll of divorce and relocating to the USA. I hope during citizenship they feel the same. I hope you are your wife have a beautiful life....... back in Pakistan

You forgot to answer some questions

Were you talking to this wife when you were still married to first wife? I think yes and this might be an issue.

You said you were married 4.5 years to first wife. Was she an american born woman? Did you meet her online or were you already her on a student visa?

How long were you separated before you started speaking to a woman from your country?

Well said. This is the typical scammer that makes all of us pay the price. I hope he is in AP for another 4 years and then be denied....

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Timeline

Your American wife fought hard for you to be with her for 4 years?

And you decided it took its toll on you but you came to usa to "Be with her"

This has fraud written all over it. If I was the CO I would revoke it also.

How long did you live with the american wife in the USA before this toll forced you to divorce her

and she petitioned for you, paid alot of money because she belived in you.

And it took 3 longs months to get over her and this divorce before you married a woman who has known your family for years

How old are your children?

It sounds arranged

It sounds that you are a bad man

It sounds like you had planned this all along

It sounds like you should make a life with your arranged love in another country

It sounds like you found a good strong american woman with some money to get you to usa so you used her for immigration purposes and married your arranged wife as quick as you could.

If she fought to bring you here for 4 years and then you just up and left her.... you are a cruel user. You could have tried harder if you loved her. But you had to marry someone else your family chose so you had to dump this american who sacrificed and suffered for you and fought hard to bring a Pakistan guy to USA. Pakistan men have to be in AP a long time because there are a few bad seeds that show their true colors when coming here.

I wish embassy could have seen the TOLL this was taking on you and should have had you stay in Pakistan so you would not be burdened with the toll of divorce and relocating to the USA. I hope during citizenship they feel the same. I hope you are your wife have a beautiful life....... back in Pakistan

You forgot to answer some questions

:thumbs: Yeah

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

This is a great example of why so many genuine couples endure a long heartbreaking AP

Even if the OP had NO intention for this previously and he did marry his first wife hoping that their marriage would work ... the CO will look at it with suspicions thus causing denial, revocation or Long and lengthy AP

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

The OP has left the building and he forgot to answer some simple questions. (BIG SIGN OF FRAUD_Can't handle the heat)

Maybe the Pakstan (family approved) wife could not answer those simple questions in her interview.

Maybe you can call your ex-wife (the American which took a toll on you to get here) and she can tell you how she was able to finally get you here and you can learn something from her?

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.