Michael Ruffin

psychiatric test st. luke's

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All!

My fiance is worried now! She just had her medical exam but she was told to comeback on the April 9th to do a psychiatric test. The reason for her see the psychologiat is that she mentioned that she tried drugs twice when she was 18/19 years old. Now she is freaked out! Has anybody dealt with that and how long after that will she know if she passed the medical exam? I called St. Luke's and they said didn't ask her to comeback the following for a sputum test that she probably passed. How long does it take for her to get other results for HIV or syphillis? I am trying to keep her from freaking out especially before she takes the pysche test! I think if she goes in with a negative attitude the doctor might report it! I am just trying again to keep her positive. Help! :help:

Michael

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All!

My fiance is worried now! She just had her medical exam but she was told to comeback on the April 9th to do a psychiatric test. The reason for her see the psychologiat is that she mentioned that she tried drugs twice when she was 18/19 years old. Now she is freaked out! Has anybody dealt with that and how long after that will she know if she passed the medical exam? I called St. Luke's and they said didn't ask her to comeback the following for a sputum test that she probably passed. How long does it take for her to get other results for HIV or syphillis? I am trying to keep her from freaking out especially before she takes the pysche test! I think if she goes in with a negative attitude the doctor might report it! I am just trying again to keep her positive. Help! :help:

Michael

Sorry your fiancé has to go through the Psychological Exam.

Psychological Evals are normally order for some of the following:

Annulled due to psychological incapacity, Excessive Tattoos, Suicidal Scars, Mental history (Severe Depression, Drug abuse etc..).

The exam is unavoidable once they order it. She will need to just stay calm and explain when, what, where and why. She will need to be confident and let them know she has not tried nor use any drugs since that time. Be Truthful, Calm and Confidence is the key here.

The doctor will try and question her integrity. Question if she is still on drugs etc... She must stick to her story she originally stated. If the doctor does not believe her they will order additional psychiatric exam (PEPS).

The first Psychological Exam fee is $23 USD/ P1000 (1 hour or less).

If a second Psychological Exam (PEPS)is ordered, the second exam fee is $70 USD/ P3000 Pesos.PEPS is an additional Psych examination. Where they will have her answer hundreds of questions, puzzle, drawings to make sure she isn't crazy. It is a all day Exam 8 - 12 hours long.

Good news is that most persons ask to do Psych. Evals are approve and move on to the next step (Interview). Unless you are lying and missing up your story. You have nothing to really worry about. Confidence and Prayer will help you through this extra step.

Good luck and God Bless!!!

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Timeline

Hello All!

Michael

this is one of the mistakes that should be avoided...many who had their medical exam did not admit they had tried drugs even years way back (even if it just a hit ..or once) as this would automatically cause delay and the said psyche evaluation

this is one of the mistakes that should be avoided...many who had their medical exam did not admit they had tried drugs even years way back (even if it just a hit ..or once) as this would automatically cause delay and the said psyche evaluation

Is there any possibility a person lie and get caught in his/her drug use way back years ago?

Timeline

Is there any possibility a person lie and get caught in his/her drug use way back years ago?

When she filled out the forms, the question popped up and she answered yes that she tired drugs. When the doctor saw her answer, they asked and she explained that she tired is twice when she was 18/19 years old by the influences of her friend at the time. So, the doctor recommend the pysche exam on the April 10th. Based on what I heard from the poeple at St. Luke's she probably passed everything else because she didn't have to comeback the next day to give sputum samples.

none.. unless she is positive in the drug test...

Edited by marklovetina
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

The question is not whether she will pass the medical. She will pass the medical. The question, given her history of illegal drug use, is whether she will pass the Embassy interview.

It may be a good idea for you to attend her Embassy interview. Good luck to both of you.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A reminder to all girls during entire process especially during CFO. Do not just volunteer information and information they are not asking for or not necessary. Even though well intention, this may confuse both parties and cause unneeded tension and raise more questions They will ask many questions about your relationship. Anne know much about me and she was asked about if I have been to college. She said yes. she frantically started texting me asking me where I went to school and other questions. I was just around block waiting. The problem is I have some college and other training at various places. I explained to her quickly my schooling and not to just volunteer info they dont need. These counseling sessions may try to get the girl to talk and see if there is any red flags or problems or risks. Some of it may be well intended and hopes it protects some girls from the bad, but just be careful.

Timeline

The question is not whether she will pass the medical. She will pass the medical. The question, given her history of illegal drug use, is whether she will pass the Embassy interview.

It may be a good idea for you to attend her Embassy interview. Good luck to both of you.

I heard some cases of having problems in the US embassy with people having drug history...

I heard some cases of having problems in the US embassy with people having drug history...

It can be a very serious issue.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
A reminder to all girls during entire process especially during CFO. Do not just volunteer information and information they are not asking for or not necessary. Even though well intention, this may confuse both parties and cause unneeded tension and raise more questions They will ask many questions about your relationship. Anne know much about me and she was asked about if I have been to college. She said yes. she frantically started texting me asking me where I went to school and other questions. I was just around block waiting. The problem is I have some college and other training at various places. I explained to her quickly my schooling and not to just volunteer info they dont need. These counseling sessions may try to get the girl to talk and see if there is any red flags or problems or risks. Some of it may be well intended and hopes it protects some girls from the bad, but just be careful.

You are comparing Apples to Oranges my friend...

History of Drug Use is a specific question for the medical exam.

Otherwise you are correct that there is no point in handing out extra info when answering questions.

Timeline

Update!

My fiance' had her psyche exam on April 10th. Her appoint was 1 PM and she waited 2 hours for a 15 minute evaluation. The doctor just asked about her family, mom, dad, children's, etc... She asked about how we meet, how many times, my feeling of her boys. That was bascially it! We had to call back today to see if her results where in. The doctor was not in and she has to go back on the 18th for her results. I asked the gentleman if she will get the both the medical and psyche results on the 18th. I hoping and guessing that she passed because I was told that she will get the vacinnation the sameday. I hope I am understanding the conversation correctly between me and the St. Luke's staff. She and I just want to get this medical part overwith and move onto the interview. She has not been asked to get a sputem test and she was not required get a second pysche. I just hope I am reading the tea leaves correct! Wish us luck!

Your fiancée did not undergo a psych exam. She underwent what's called a psychological evaluation. It's unlikely she'll be referred for a psych test. Usually those are reserved for people who are suspected of having suicidal tendencies, or those who claimed psychological incapacitation on their annulment.

The psych evaluation is not a pass/fail thing. It's likely that your fiancée will uneventfully complete her medical and move on to her interview. If there is going to be any bad news regarding her past drug use, it will be during her Embassy interview. You can bet your bottom dollar that the consular officer will be aware of your fiancée's admission of drug use. It's a very serious matter at the U.S. Embassy Manila. Admission of drug use is cause for visa denial.

Once again, I strongly recommend that you attend your fiancée's interview. Your personal appeal to the consular officer can be a powerful thing, and it may be needed.

My best wishes to both of you.

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps the real mistake is not being totally honest with all questions asked at your medical exam as this would cause denial or even a ban. Not to mention honesty is the right thing anyway.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.